Make a bad game better with one change.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
LA Rush: when you lose a race, give you the option to immediately retry it, and don't charge for the attempt. Some of the later races cost an absurd amount of money and it's nearly impossible to do it properly on the first try.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Pink Gregory said:
Feral said:
Fix all CoD/Battlefield games one of two ways: remove single player cause it's just becoming more of a joke each time or replace the writers; because it's gotten to embarrassing levels of stupid.

CoD Ghosts almost seems like a campy parody with its exaggeration and lack of self-awareness
Is there no appeal in a campy parody CoD?

That's why I enjoyed the first Black Ops, it felt like a ridiculously silly pulp spy novel, in some ways.
There's plenty of appeal in that if it's well done.

Staying with CoD, give more freedom with gadgets, introduce less of them, and give at least a couple of the games a few attempts at being sneaky or some such. You can't make games about black ops and secret stealth teams, then just have your standard cover based shooting in pitched battles over and over again.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
jdogtwodolla said:
No more heroes: both of them

take all those assassins that died in a cutscene and make them actual bosses.
so we get a whole one extra assassin to the first one? woo hoo I mean if I were to fix it the second one would be more time as henery you get those 3 assassins he's killed and more time as an extra character

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Buleet said:
Mass effect 3. Give the developers the time they needed to actually get in something good.
Make that most post-EA bioware games.
Beat me to it.

Nearly any recent Sonic game: Make all the gameplay 2D.

EDIT:
Fireaxe said:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Actually finish developing the fucking game instead of kicking it out the door with festering wounds where the cut content was going to be.
Seconded.

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
CardinalPiggles said:
Too Human - Change the death sequence to something much less painfully slow and boring.
So basically you want to get back into that combat that is painfully fast and boring?

I kid, while I played that game and thought it was worse than playing 'Pin the Nail on the rectum', if you had fun with the combat congrats, I'm jealous :p

Anyhow I would... hmmmm... this is hard cause I really don't buy a lot of games that don't get really good reviews, so I usually tend to like most of my games. However, one that I do have that I consider to be a bit of a 'meh' title is Spore, and if I could change one thing is I would add more depth to the evolutionary system. Not complexity, just depth. How? Don't know. But hey, there's a reason I'm not gonna be a game developer :p

Gormech

May 10, 2012
Dark Souls

Make all weapons cause stun but a successful hit will also stun the attacker just enough to prevent a stunlock from being able to be done with anything except short reach daggers.

That or just raise the damage of the longsword just a bit ... please?

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
Shoggoth2588 said:
Skyward Sword (not generally considered a bad game but still)
Agreed, with both you and the person that said it earlier.
The other thing would be to get rid of Fi completely. Not sure which I'd prefer, to be honest.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Next-Gen, Sonic 06) - Turn all humans into anthropomorphic animal-people
That would've prevented the furry scandal at least.
...Actually, why the hell haven't they done that yet? I get that Adventure-06 moved them to the real world without an explanation, but even the Genesis games lacked an explanation as to why there were numerous anthropomorphic animals running about in the first place.
You know what, that's how you'd improve the entire franchise: Hire some goddamn writers worth a shit and have them come up with a consistent universe for all the characters. [sub][sub][sub][sub]By this point, I think the Archie writers give more of a damn than Sonic Team does.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

OP:

Wonderful 101 (not a bad game, but still) - add mechanic to L and R that allows on the fly Unite Morph switching. Not that I have problems switching myself, but there have been times where I've gone to make hammer and accidentally made fist. Also, it becomes a ***** to distinguish between gun and boomerang later in the game.

Hitman Absolution - For fuck's sake, stop with the "Hold down button to activate" bullshit that made Fable 3 a pain in the ass.

Metroid Prime 3 (again, good game. Sorry OP) - See Skyward Sword above me.

Bordelands 2 - Fast travel from current location. As immersion breaking as that may be, the game world is huge and I'd appreciate to be able to move across it in less than an hour or so.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - Fix your easy mode! It shouldn't be "Game plays itself!" mode, damn it! I know a lot of people think that game in general is too easy, but as a newbie to the whole franchise, give me a fucking break but not a free pass.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
michael87cn said:
Skyrim: Remove that stupid kill-cam that takes control away from you and slows the pace of the game. V.A.T.S. was fun because the PLAYER had control over when they wanted to use it. Skyrim's kill-cam is randomly occuring.
Get your ass down here now, because I now want to make babies with you - unless you're under 18 of course. :p

In all seriousness, that one thing pissed me off about Skyrim more than anything else - and I had the PS3 version! On top of what you've already mentioned, the way that it would interrupt an attack, block, or dodge just to disable player controls for several seconds and instakill the player pissed me off to the point that - even though I got Skyrim on the PS3 for free (birthday present iirc) - I went out and bought it full price for PC entirely so I could mod that one "feature" out.

OT: Far Cry 3 - Make Jason Brody likable and believable. I still despise that fucking prick.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
William Dickbringer said:
jdogtwodolla said:

so we get a whole one extra assassin to the first one? woo hoo I mean if I were to fix it the second one would be more time as henery you get those 3 assassins he's killed and more time as an extra character
Well for the first game that would be two more fights counting the guy your sister killed. I just remember feeling like my character action games are cheating me out of gameplay and i'm not even sure what for. For a story that's not really all that good?

And yours right. Henry really was underused in the second one.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
michael87cn said:
Minecraft: AoE tools/AoE placement of blocks. Nuff said.

Skyrim: Remove that stupid kill-cam that takes control away from you and slows the pace of the game. V.A.T.S. was fun because the PLAYER had control over when they wanted to use it. Skyrim's kill-cam is randomly occuring.
There are mods for that. And for Skyrim I'm pretty sure you can just turn that off.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Far Cry: make the game's difficulty actually fucking playable.

The Witcher: make a different game.

leonhax

Jul 5, 2011
Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands : have a combat system that is more exciting like batman arkham city or assassins creed 2

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Vanquish - rebalance the game so that all cover-based mechanics can be taken out.

The game wasn't bad, it's just that cover-based gameplay hurt it more than helped.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Metroid - fully restore your health after getting killed (or at the very least be a little bit more forgiving than only restoring 30 health points and zero energy tanks).

The fact that you have to tediously grind for health every time after you die ruined this otherwise classic game for me. It still spawned a great franchise though.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
jdogtwodolla said:
William Dickbringer said:
jdogtwodolla said:

Well for the first game that would be two more fights counting the guy your sister killed. I just remember feeling like my character action games are cheating me out of gameplay and i'm not even sure what for. For a story that's not really all that good?

And yours right. Henry really was underused in the second one.
oh yeah I forgot about that guy honestly been years since I last played no more heroes Could have been interesting fight

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
michael87cn said:
Dark Souls: Oh. Shit. Can't improve this game because it's pretty much perfect. :)
Fix the PC version so that you don't have to sign into multiple Microsoft websites just to save the game! This kind of DRM crap is exactly what makes piracy thrive!

Sonic Unleashed
How about encouraging the player to interact with the game as much as possible instead of discouraging them at every chance? Stop making everything so automated. Enough with the quicktime events and extremely narrow passageways. I find it ironic that the game is called "Sonic Unleashed" when it feels far more restricted than any other Sonic game. Give us wide-open levels to explore! Don't confine us to these narrow passageways! Make good use of Sonic's speed with exploration, platforming, and physics!

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
I like how half of these suggestions basically amount to, "SPEND ANOTHER 6 MONTHS OF MANPOWER TO FINISH THE GAME"