Make a drinking game for any video game

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Title says it all, pick a video game, make a drinking game for it.

Me? I'd say...Persona 4. Take a shot every time fog is mentioned. Seriously, you will be dead if you don't take a break every hour or two.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Depends on when you start playing it. If you play your drinking game in between dungeons you could potentially go several hours without even seeing the word "fog"

I'm gonna go with Kirby's Epic Yarn

Take a drink whenever you get to the Gold medal, take a shot if you lose it during the level, and in the event of co-op, you have to take a drink every time you accidentally grab your partner with your yarn whip.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Burnout Revenge is the game made for a drinking game. Set up some Crash Junctions (a drunk driving simulation practically) and pass the controller around.
Take a sip when you get the controller.
Everyone takes a sip for every crash breaker explosion.
And you have to chug one if you take out less than 5 cars.
Break a record and you get to decide who has to chug one; but you can't do that with a new game.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Any Mario Party game. Take a drink every time bullshit happens. Hit floor.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
Take a sip each time you die in Super Meat Boy. Won't take too long to get hammered.

Flamespeak

May 19, 2010
Buy a Bethesda game at launch.

Any time you encounter a glitch, you take a shot.

Try not to die from alcohol poisoning in under 30 minutes.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Obvious mention: Dark Souls - Take a shot every time you die. Even a good player will be plastered before the end of the night, if not actually dead. And as an added plus, you'll be depressed as well as drunk because you're playing DS.

Alternatively, take a shot for each useless or repeated scribble on the floor.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
My friend and I did this for Kingdom Hearts 2. Drink for every mention of Heart, Light, Darkness and down a whole glass every time some one says, in this order, "Sora, Donald, Goofy"

Given that we were 16 and not terribly enthusiastic about alcohol, we just used water. Anyway, this probably also works for any other Kingdom Hearts game but we did it with 2.

MrRaggaedeman

Nov 18, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Obvious mention: Dark Souls - Take a shot every time you die. Even a good player will be plastered before the end of the night, if not actually dead. And as an added plus, you'll be depressed as well as drunk because you're playing DS.

Alternatively, take a shot for each useless or repeated scribble on the floor.
Everytime you use an Estus you also have to take a big sip of beer.

I think the overall chances of surviving are higher but you're still pretty drunk at the end.

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Fallout New Vegas, go to Camp McCarran and speak to the soldiers, take a drink every time one of the says either "when I got this assignment, I was hoping there would be more gambling" or "patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter"
I once did something similar with Skyrim - took a shot every time a guard told me he took an arrow to the knee :)

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
GTA San Andreas: Take a shot every time someone swears. You'll be dead before you've reached San Fierro.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
I can't believe that someone has beaten to this...

Metal Gear Solid: take a shot for every "Metal Gear?!", "SNAKE? SNAKE! SNAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEE!", "Nanomachines", hen eany cyborg ninja makes their appearance, every "!", "?", "Whose footprints are these?", "What was that noise?", every time Naked Snake eats an animal in MGS3 and every hour of cutscenes in MGS4.

[small]Or you could follow these guidelines instead.[/small]

You'll be dead, your liver will be dead and your wallet will be emptied by the amount of booze you'll need.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Me and a friend actually played a drinking game with Divekick.

Every round you lose you take a drink, if you lose the match you take a shot. If you get fraud detected or choke then you take a large shot (double or triple) of the other persons choosing.

For breaks we had mini bets where we would make a cocktail and then whoever lost that match had to down down that cocktail.

It was pretty fun but you get through the beer and spirits fast.

Willstown

Borderline Crazy Cat Man
Nov 20, 2013
Any Assassins Creed game, especially 3

Take a drink whenever you accidentally run up a wall when chasing someone. Take a drink when you inexplicably leap to your doom right at the last point of a large free running section.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
FFXIII
Every time Snow claims he's a hero, or shouts "SERAH!", you must take a shot. Good luck surviving the first four hours!

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
FF14: A Realm Reborn

Take a shot every time you die during boss fights. This includes all primal fights, Labyrinth of the Ancients bosses and Binding Coil of Bahamut bosses. This may also include world fights Behemoth and Odin, depending how long you wish to play said game.

For crafters, take a shot every time your HQ percentage is 80 or above, but you make NQ items. This will not include craftable items that can NEVER be HQ'd. Unless you like alcohol like a fish likes water.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Dynasty warriors: Any title.

Take a shot whenever a character belonging to the kingdom of Shu talks about benevolence.