Man Acts Out the 50 Worst Voice Acting Clips in Videogames

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Man Acts Out the 50 Worst Voice Acting Clips in Videogames

One lip-syncing, rubber-faced genius can drastically improve otherwise terrible lines.

In response to a HansJamesMusicAOk [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbotKa5LnM] created a video of himself lip-syncing and acting out each of the 50 terrible, terrible voice clips. The mashing of awful voices and over-the-top acting provide for some amazingly funny moments. Bear my arctic blast, indeed.

The full list of what games the clips come from can be found on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbotKa5LnM], and features both big-name titles like House of the Dead, Dynasty Warriors, and Resident Evil, as well as obscure games like Martian Gothic: Unification and T.R.A.G..

Personally, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Navi from Ocarina of Time, well established as one of the single most annoying characters in any game for her incessant repetition of the phrase "Hey, listen!" Also notably missing are several laughably bad lines from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

"Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Ah, good times. Good times.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/h9tmu/this_guy_lipsynched_the_50_worst_video_game/]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Im watching theese now just to see if the 'light' scene from DMC1 appears.

Specifically, this one.

GaryH

Sep 3, 2008
"Personally, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Navi from Ocarina of Time, well established as one of the single most annoying characters in any game for her incessant repetition of the phrase "Hey, listen!""

She was annoying, but it wasn't exactly an example of laughably bad voice acting.

I probably laughed a little bit too hard at this video...

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
I think #4 is probably the best one, actually. I laughed my ass off when I heard 'I have to jump that crevice.'

The Headcrab Farmer

Dec 16, 2010
Too bad the video he got the audio from is that old, i would have payed too see him trying to act as either Sheldon or bO-lO-sAN-TO-sI from JC 2.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
It's already been disabled.

EDIT: Never mind, just embedding was disabled. No. 5 has far too much rape face.

Cuddly Knife

May 20, 2009
Go to the actual youtube video then.

And bloody awesome, this was! Some of his faces were so fitting, and considering some of the situations the characters were in, makes it all the more hilarious.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
A lot of these simply seem like bad translation and voice acting from Japanese made games, also it seems like very few are from this generation, it seems like this is a good point to see how far we've come in both voice acting and translation. Well, for the most part.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I can't beleive they let such terrible voice acting into megaman 8. Though I'm disappointed at the lack of Taki and Mitsurugi's exchange from soul calibur 2.

Skip to 7:45

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
swimon said:
This list really needed "a bomb!" from Deus Ex. Truly terrible voice acting.

But yeah, I was also kind of surprised by it's absence.

Ghengis John said:
I can't beleive they let such terrible voice acting into megaman 8. Though I'm disappointed at the lack of Taki and Mitsurugi's exchange from soul calibur 2.

Skip to 7:45
Playing Soul Calibur in japanese makes it a lot more bearable...

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I simply love it, I remember the old video long ago but the guys addition to it is astounding, I would like to see a more modern version of this with newer titles. Hopefully theirs one lurking around youtube somewhere waiting to be found by the masses

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
That guy is amazing, both in terms of pure concentrated ham and the impressive lip synching.
I really hope he does more...

Apr 28, 2008
gigastar said:
Im watching theese now just to see if the 'light' scene from DMC1 appears.

Specifically, this one.

They didn't have that.

I am very disappointed.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
So I see he's got Grandia in the list three times. Interesting, because outside of the annoying combat phrases, the voice acting wa- Oh, no wait. I just remembered. Baal. Never mind. I'm just going to watch now.

43 was Baal, 21 was Mullen, and I think 6 was Leen. I think it needs more Baal myself. Or at least bring up higher, because it was way worse than those other two lines.

Anyway whatever. It was a pretty good video; half the time I forgot he was just lip syncing.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Watched the whole thing assuming Castlevania:SOTN would be #1, and when it wasn't I realized I wasted five minutes I'll never get back.

Also took me a little while to realize that he wasn't actually doing the voices, he was just lip-syncing. Groan.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
How does he not have Men of War?
that game has crappy voice acting XD

anyway...this was VERY funny