Man Arrested After Hooking Up With 13-Year-Old RuneScape Bride

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
spartan773 said:
jamiedf said:
well its good to see a return of the stamp and its so applicable here it also seems mandatory.
im am literally no-longer shocked and the pure bat-shit insane people out there.
hope this guy really suffers for this the sick-fuck.

i fear the news now my try to blame pedophillia on games now. well it was only a matter of time regardless
I partially agree with you.

also, Templars suck. Assassin's all the way!
ok?
and who are the assassins?

Arkfeller

Nov 14, 2007
jonnosferatu said:
He's probably a bad person, I will admit, but I'm not going to outright condemn him and say he deserves the punishment. He might have believed that he legitimately, y'know, loved the girl. It's not ENTIRELY impossible.
He's 54. Common sense learnt over 54 years of living would have taught him that marrying some girl's character in a video game is NOT a legitimate marriage regardless of how much he loved her. And unless the girl lied about her age (a lot) and looked very tall for her age he would have been fully aware of the punishment for having sex with a minor.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
jamiedf said:
fine if you want to be pedantic about the semantics il refer to as hebephilia,but he still remains a "sick-Fuck" as he is a 50 something yeah old man having relations with a 13 yo child, this is wrong, as evident by they amount of disgust show towards this story and the fact its illegal aswel,
also do you know this child? as you are saying she was capable of making the choice and she was consenting? which unless your a mind-reader of sorts (which would be awesome bt) then that is a bold claim, but looking at the story it could very easily be inferred this man took advantage, the likes of buying her a cell phone is a great example of bribery (and in a sense grooming) also this child obviously isnt of right mind as she (alledgly il had) is having a relationship with someone 4 times her on age before she as even reached a reasonable age
I'll put it as a 50 year old man having sexual relations with a young 13 year old woman. :/ Whether it is wrong is subjective, differing from one to another. While there is "disgust", as you put it, there is also talk of the only issue being that it is illegal. Plus, if you are building your morality based upon what is legal and what isn't, I hate think of what you would be telling me about 50-100 years ago, when laws were truly insane. Just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it is morally wrong. Laws change for a reason. :/

No, I do not know her personally. I say it based upon observation though it would be nice to have more information on the matter. Yes, I am actually a mind reader, but that is a discussion for another time. :p
Yes, it is a very bold claim, and it can be inferred that he possibly took advantage. Though, the cell phone was just an afterthought in all this. Somewhat anyway. Though, that is no reason to say she isn't right of mind and I do not believe you are fit to make that claim just as you question mine.

Plus, not too long ago, 13 was a reasonable age. Younger even.

And by stating that, I just defeated one of my own points. (O_O)

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I can't believe the number of the people here who are claiming that the girl was somehow responsible for this, at 13 a child is too young to be able to decide whether to have sex or not, it's clear that this sick pervert was exploiting the little girl not for her benefit but to sate his own odd desires. As I said on the other thread about this I hope he remains in the can for a long time...

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
jamiedf said:
spartan773 said:
jamiedf said:
well its good to see a return of the stamp and its so applicable here it also seems mandatory.
im am literally no-longer shocked and the pure bat-shit insane people out there.

i fear the news now my try to blame pedophillia on games now. well it was only a matter of time regardless

ok?
i'm guessing you never played Assassin's Creed.

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
What he did was wrong, I'm not denying that.. but what about her?

teenagers are maturing at an alarming rate these day's that little slut knew what she was doing I'm sure

Jan 25, 2008
To play the devils advocate, this man is a genius! I mean, other pedophiles use internet chat to pick up minors with no success. This dude joined an mmo and was banging a chick in weeks.

Not that I condone this sought of activity.

Also where were the parents?

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
spartan773 said:
jamiedf said:
spartan773 said:
jamiedf said:

ok?
oh right, yeah iv never played them, not a fan of games that require stealth haha, my stamp actually refers to a different games Templar group :)

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
jamiedf said:
fine if you want to be pedantic about the semantics il refer to as hebephilia,but he still remains a "sick-Fuck" as he is a 50 something yeah old man having relations with a 13 yo child, this is wrong, as evident by they amount of disgust show towards this story and the fact its illegal aswel,
also do you know this child? as you are saying she was capable of making the choice and she was consenting? which unless your a mind-reader of sorts (which would be awesome bt) then that is a bold claim, but looking at the story it could very easily be inferred this man took advantage, the likes of buying her a cell phone is a great example of bribery (and in a sense grooming) also this child obviously isnt of right mind as she (alledgly il had) is having a relationship with someone 4 times her on age before she as even reached a reasonable age
I'll put it as a 50 year old man having sexual relations with a young 13 year old woman. :/ Whether it is wrong is subjective, differing from one to another. While there is "disgust", as you put it, there is also talk of the only issue being that it is illegal. Plus, if you are building your morality based upon what is legal and what isn't, I hate think of what you would be telling me about 50-100 years ago, when laws were truly insane. Just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it is morally wrong. Laws change for a reason. :/

No, I do not know her personally. I say it based upon observation though it would be nice to have more information on the matter. Yes, I am actually a mind reader, but that is a discussion for another time. :p
Yes, it is a very bold claim, and it can be inferred that he possibly took advantage. Though, the cell phone was just an afterthought in all this. Somewhat anyway. Though, that is no reason to say she isn't right of mind and I do not believe you are fit to make that claim just as you question mine.

i was actually looking at the situation subjectively in regards to the possibility of taking advantage, 13 is not an age of consent as they are still deemed a child (yeas i know by the law but im in the middle of a law degree and its a good basis for arguments) aand yeah just because its illegal donts means its immoral, but sex with an under-age child still is, thats the whole reason for an age restriction.
also what exactly do you mean by 13 being the "reasonable age"

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
jamiedf said:
spartan773 said:
jamiedf said:
spartan773 said:
jamiedf said:

ok?
oh right, yeah iv never played them, not a fan of games that require stealth haha, my stamp actually refers to a different games Templar group :)
Assassin's Creed doesn't rely much stealth...

and doesn't matter, all Templars to me are evil, sadistic motherfuckers.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
jamiedf said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
jamiedf said:

i was actually looking at the situation subjectively in regards to the possibility of taking advantage, 13 is not an age of consent as they are still deemed a child (yeas i know by the law but im in the middle of a law degree and its a good basis for arguments) aand yeah just because its illegal donts means its immoral, but sex with an under-age child still is, thats the whole reason for an age restriction.
also what exactly do you mean by 13 being the "reasonable age"
The reason there is a restriction isn't because it's wrong, it's because of "protection"(I use that word loosely). Though, how 5 minutes away from legal can be protection is beyond me. The AoC is set too high.

I said what I meant and I meant what I said. :p 13 is a very reasonable age. I don't have much more to say unless you want to derail this thread ten ways from Friday, so if you want to delve deeper into that specific part, I suggest PM. :p

[sub]Is it just me or do I sound rude as hell when tired? (O_O)[/sub]

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Why on earth did I click this link first thing in the morning? Good thing I haven't had breakfast yet, because otherwise I might have tossed it.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Two things, probably have already been mentioned, but I seriously doubt anyone actually goes through all these posts.

One. MTG cards and Runescape? Seriously? He's not a moron, he avoided the police, so he knew what he was doing was wrong. I don't get it.

Two. The girl's either an idiot, or smart. She's an idiot if she had no idea what she was getting herself into (which I highly doubt, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...) or she's clever by taking everything this 50 year old could give and then pushing him away once he couldn't give anything more.

I highly doubt selling MTG cards would get you anything more than a phone, to be honest.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Look at the big picture.

Repressive mother, blocking her child's freedom and privacy, not allowing her (a 13 year old!) to have a phone. She felt trapped, and finally found a way out. It's almost sure, that this man and girl were friends for a long time, and she was the one to propose closer relationship.

Her mother is a 19-century minded, intrusive person with no grasp on real world whatsoever.

Note, that i'm not saying that 13 year old having sex with over 50 years old man is good thing, but he's not the reason it happened.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, looking around my area, I'd be surprised if more than about 20% of 13 year olds within a few miles of me were virgins, never mind just knew about sex.

(Um, I'm re-reading that and realise how badly it reflects on me, might need some work, that line...)

There's a lot of questions to be asked, was she already sexually active, did he know she was 13? I've heard of 13 year olds getting served in bars with the right outfit and makeup.

Of course he shouldn't have been trying to get her in the sack, but at the same time, I'm so tired of reading how these predatorial perverts 'lure innocent young girls into sex against their will'.

If that's how it was, he needs serious punishment for rape, if however, as it seems, it happened willingly and repeatedly, then minor, lesser punishments are in order for taking advantage of an immature girl.

Just to put things in context too, Brad Pitt is nearly 50, would he be seen as a dirty old man by teenagers?

TL;DR version: The age of consent is an outdated concept and really needs looking at again, in an age where you don't have to be 18 to be married off by your father in the hope of bettering your social status. Most 13 year olds know exactly what fucking is, and will have seen it online, if not actually done it.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
he fought extradition from New York to Michigan without success;
what is this the 1930's? exactly what was he hoping would happen? New York will fight to keep him from the grasping hands of Michigan? lol