Man Chooses to Swap Disabled Hand for Bionic Replacement

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
So, when this technology becomes more common, would it become acceptable to want to replace non disabled limbs with cybernetics? Y'know only so I er... people could crush my enemies with my robotic might have a better standard of living and stuff.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Actually the laser surgery is one of the thing not covered by the public health care (but it is possible to put it has tax refund). And the most basic laser surgery is like what 500 per eye around here.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Canadish said:
HankMan said:
It just goes to show what science is capable of when we really knuckle down.
I agree. Science sure is handy. I give those doctors the thumbs up! I just wish I had a grasp on how it all works.
This must be the coolest post in this thread, hands down! You beat me to the punch!

agnosticOCD

Oct 7, 2010
My only question is why would anyone oppose this at all? The patient himself has agreed to do it, it should be his choice, and I'm glad that this seems to be working out. Science is full of awesome goo.

Wireframefool

Mar 20, 2011
similar.squirrel said:
patapolo said:
One word: Skynet.

/thread
No. Not /thread. I'm f-cking sick of this tired bullsh-t coming up every time something even vaguely robotic is mentioned. It's not Skynet, it's an injured man regaining the use of a lost appendage.
No offence.
I'd have to agree with you on that one, it's kinda annoying that as soon as some paralyzed person gets a chance at moving that limb again people start to say one hand or leg is taking over the world.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Wireframefool said:
similar.squirrel said:
patapolo said:
One word: Skynet.

/thread
No. Not /thread. I'm f-cking sick of this tired bullsh-t coming up every time something even vaguely robotic is mentioned. It's not Skynet, it's an injured man regaining the use of a lost appendage.
No offence.
I'd have to agree with you on that one, it's kinda annoying that as soon as some paralyzed person gets a chance at moving that limb again people start to say one hand or leg is taking over the world.
I've changed my stance on this; references to 1980s pop-culture never get old, and voicing them is invariably witty. Also, the cake is a lie lol.