Man Goes Overboard With Final Fantasy Collectible Sale

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
If it's true then...wow. If he can afford that good for him but...really it is s tad overboard...

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Man's a greedy fool. He could have made money if he had of asked for less.
so true i would have started with a range of 10,000-25,000 us dollars also it can easily be replicated so we need something else to go along with it like a collection of final fantasy games like 2-3 SNES final fantasy games or all the playstation games

TG MLPDashie

Apr 9, 2010
Guys, i got a red marble from my cousins and just cut what i saw in the picture on it, it's a little choppy but looks nearly like it, i wonder if i could get 1 million for that. And since my cousin has tones of marbles i could buy the world within a month guys.

Also paying 1 mill for that when i made an exact copy with a marble and knife for under $10 (including knife cost) your f**king bananas.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Jbird said:
I could be wrong, but I feel like I called this. And by that I mean, anyone will buy anything that will say Final Fantasy on it.
Nope. No one was stupid enough to bid on it yet.

OT: If this was for charity, Octopimp would totally buy it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
There's 49 of the same orbs that where handed out... Quick; put them online for $100,000! ;)

Also, hand some jewelcrafter a mere 50K and I'm sure you'd get a dozen way sweeter items like this one...
And since you'd own the only dozen it'd be way more exclusive too :S

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
This person is both very very smart and very very dumb for pricing it that high. Besides once he gets his money he's obviously going to cast Ice 3 and kill the bidder to regain the item.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Jbird said:
I could be wrong, but I feel like I called this. And by that I mean, anyone will buy anything that will say Final Fantasy on it.
Nope. No one was stupid enough to bid on it yet.

OT: If this was for charity, Octopimp would totally buy it.
If charity was involved for any of these high-priced tokens, I'd have no problem with my fellow man about it.

May 1, 2010
I sometimes go onto eBay and search "Final Fantasy" and "Pokemon" to see what overpriced paraphenalia there is in the world, but the closeset I've seen to this is every game in Final Fantasy's history (most sealed) going for £8,000.00.

Somehow I don't think anyone in the world will have the money and the lack of sense for this purchase.

Unless they already have the other 49 and need this one to finally complete their doomsday device.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
I would understand if it was unique. But 50? That's not even that special when you think about it.

You reading this, seller guy? Destroy the other orbs and their owners!

Feb 18, 2009
zauxz said:
I would understand if it was unique. But 50? That's not even that special when you think about it.
Yeah, just think about how much the fabled Swordquest contest prizes would fetch, if ever found. Now that´s rare loot.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
manaman said:
GodKlown said:
How do we know this isn't a tarp? Oh sure... you win the auction for the $1,000,000, the guy promises to deliver in person because he doesn't trust the post office. He shows up at your door, freezes your ass and takes your money. Next thing you know, Chris Hanson has a new special on his hands: "To Catch A Final Fantasy Auction Predator". It's the perfect crime!
Up here near Seattle a guy put a diamond ring up for sale on Craig's List and three guys showed up stole the ring.
It's worse than that; he was killed while trying to protect his son from the four thieves.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/419872_craigslist11.html

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
Back on topic, this reminds me of the infamous "$1,000 Steampunk Memory Stick". The creator of it actually made an Escapist account -just- to chide me when I said that I could make one, and sell it, for a lot less. (His profile shows that he hasn't made a single comment since.) I called his bluff with an offer to sell him one of my most popular steampunk creations. He never responded.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96405-The-Thousand-Dollar-Steampunk-Memory-Stick

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
I'd pay at most 100 bucks for this, just because it's a really old collectible. From the looks of it though I think the grand prize for that contest was to get to go on an actual final fantasy adventure on an island or something. Which, while totally epic, still wouldn't be worth 1 mill.