Man Outisde Kamala Harris' Residence Arrested with Rifle and Ammo.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
All the people in prison on drugs charges thanks to her efforts?
Or objecting because of all the broken promises or all the actions she took before or feeling betrayed by her having seen the primaries etc.........
I really hope you realize that all you're doing with this ridiculously obvious bullshit is providing more proof for peoples' opinions that conservatives* don't care about political violence or terrorism as long as it supports their "side."

* Obligatory "not all conservatives" for the rational people like CM out there.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The Secret service kept it hush hush, but apparently during the Obama years it was not uncommon to find bullet holes on the outside walls of the Oval office and they never could figure out who was shooting.
I'm inclined to think that is untrue. Guns are loud. Like, ~150 decibels (dB) loud. A conventional silencer only reduces this to about 120 dB, which is still close to a noisy concert, or a police siren (vastly louder than the discreet cough noise in TV and game media). Either someone had one hell of a noise suppression system, or they should have been heard, or it would take an absurd amount of waiting for enough ambient noise to cover it.

The only other possibility is that guns have a theoretical range of miles: just fire them at an angle up in the air, the bullets will come down eventually and very, very rarely, injuries and deaths have occurred this way. But there would be no reliable way to hit the Oval Office from miles away in this fashion, and unlikely with enough momentum to create a meaningful bullethole in a wall, and if they were liberally spraying DC there would be plenty of bulletholes elsewhere.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I'm inclined to think that is untrue. Guns are loud. Like, ~150 decibels (dB) loud. A conventional silencer only reduces this to about 120 dB, which is still close to a noisy concert, or a police siren (vastly louder than the discreet cough noise in TV and game media). Either someone had one hell of a noise suppression system, or they should have been heard, or it would take an absurd amount of waiting for enough ambient noise to cover it.

The only other possibility is that guns have a theoretical range of miles: just fire them at an angle up in the air, the bullets will come down eventually and very, very rarely, injuries and deaths have occurred this way. But there would be no reliable way to hit the Oval Office from miles away in this fashion, and unlikely with enough momentum to create a meaningful bullethole in a wall, and if they were liberally spraying DC there would be plenty of bulletholes elsewhere.
So I looked it up and half right, half wrong:
2011 a dude pulled into a parking lot some 800m from White House with a semi-automatic rifle and opened fire. Managed to hit the upper floor near the oval office at least 7 times. Secret Service thought they were rapid backfires from a construction site and it took them 4 days to realize there were bullet holes in the White House. And one of the Obama daughters and her grandmother were in the building at the time and apparently when First Lady Michelle Obama learned of it she tore into the Secret Service.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The White House is in the middle of a pretty dense urban location, with lots of roads and businesses all around it, with people doing all kinds of noisy shit at any given hour. Depending on the timing and other factors, I don't think it's strange at all, for someone, even with a silenced weapon, to time things for masking sounds. Nearby construction using a jackhammer, random engine noises from a nearby road, or apparently just backfiring cars

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
The White House is in the middle of a pretty dense urban location, with lots of roads and businesses all around it, with people doing all kinds of noisy shit at any given hour. Depending on the timing and other factors, I don't think it's strange at all, for someone, even with a silenced weapon, to time things for masking sounds. Nearby construction using a jackhammer, random engine noises from a nearby road, or apparently just backfiring cars
I certainly wouldn't want to be the officer who told agents to stand down, no way that was a rifle, had to have been a 1946 Mercury Sportsman backfiring multiple times nearby, and totally don't bother looking for bullets.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
With a semi-automatic rifle.
People get weird over politics. E.G. the driver who happily drove through a Trump campaigning tent before.

Really?

How can you possibly attempt to justify this?
I'm presenting an alternative set of reasons to the as yet unproven narrative which is doing little more than trying to throw shade against one side.

Terminally Contrarian Brain Syndrome is a serious affliction, that doesn't get discussed enough.
You mean rather than just going along with whatever narrative regardless of truth?

Are you remotely surprised? I recommend using the ignore function and moving on, no point trying to argue with them.
ah yes best not let any "wrong" idea challenge the righteous echo chamber which doesn't need things like facts or evidence just say what it likes and then get upset when people won't automatically accept it as some

I really hope you realize that all you're doing with this ridiculously obvious bullshit is providing more proof for peoples' opinions that conservatives* don't care about political violence or terrorism as long as it supports their "side."

* Obligatory "not all conservatives" for the rational people like CM out there.
Ah so that's why you didn't comment on the Portland courthouse being set on fire thread?

Funny how that caring about political violence for some only extends as far as when it's convenient to throw shade against others? Seems rather like projection there doesn't it?

Don't be Houseman. We didn't need Houseman; we don't need a replacement.
Some-one has to break the narrative otherwise the furore will just end up making another Bob Chipman seeing the "others" as such awful enemies to blame for everything bad in their lives and as such it becomes "No bad tactics only bad targets" etc.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
What is the 'narrative' here, how is it false, and what 'truth' have you shown?
I've shown none.
I never claimed I had shown any.
So far the truth is unknown.
If people are going to throw blame at one side it's rather hypocritical to get upset at a person presenting alternatives to the narrative being pushed.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I've shown none.
I never claimed I had shown any.
So far the truth is unknown.
If people are going to throw blame at one side it's rather hypocritical to get upset at a person presenting alternatives to the narrative being pushed.
Then why say "You mean rather than just going along with whatever narrative regardless of truth?" when being called out on just saying contrarian things for no apparent reason? You think you're offering some special public service?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Then why say "You mean rather than just going along with whatever narrative regardless of truth?" when being called out on just saying contrarian things for no apparent reason? You think you're offering some special public service?
Being a troll for the greater good!

Reactions: Buyetyen

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because we don't know the truth.
The truth is said narrative so far has no more leg to stand on than any other claim really.
It's funny you mention public services yet you're the one seemingly thinking you're offering one by just jumping on one side. Nope can't have some-one stepping out of line and not towing the line regardless of if it's supported by evidence.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Because we don't know the truth.
The truth is said narrative so far has no more leg to stand on than any other claim really.
It's funny you mention public services yet you're the one seemingly thinking you're offering one by just jumping on one side. Nope can't have some-one stepping out of line and not towing the line regardless of if it's supported by evidence.
What "side"? What "narrative"? I thought you said there wasn't one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So I looked it up and half right, half wrong:
2011 a dude pulled into a parking lot some 800m from White House with a semi-automatic rifle and opened fire. Managed to hit the upper floor near the oval office at least 7 times. Secret Service thought they were rapid backfires from a construction site and it took them 4 days to realize there were bullet holes in the White House. And one of the Obama daughters and her grandmother were in the building at the time and apparently when First Lady Michelle Obama learned of it she tore into the Secret Service.
Oh yeah, I remember that, now you post it.

Reactions: SilentPony

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
So there are some interesting omissions in the OP article. While the guy himself was arrested outside the observatory, according to this the gun, ammo, and mag(s) were indeed inside his car. That he was not in. Because it was several miles away in a parking garage. That he had to lead them to.

I'm thinking that some people might be enhancing the truth by omission here.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So there are some interesting omissions in the OP article. While the guy himself was arrested outside the observatory, according to this the gun, ammo, and mag(s) were indeed inside his car. That he was not in. Because it was several miles away in a parking garage. That he had to lead them to.

I'm thinking that some people might be enhancing the truth by omission here.
yeh I thought I smelled something off here and not merely Garlic.

Reactions: Leg End