Man Spends $330,000 on Virtual Item

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
Kalezian said:
Daggermonkie said:
ummm.wait let me grasp this awsome consept....you pay real money for fake money...and get fake stufff....to get real money?or more fake money?i dont get online timeshares/buisnesses/waste of my money/time

you can exchange PED for real-world cash also, so in a few months when he is pulling in thousands if not millions of PED he will be able to pull it out with the frozen exchange rate.

Entropia Universe is one of the weird games out there, you can play it without ever putting money into it, and you can make real money the same way [before I quit I made about $130 USD from selling sweat..........dont......dont ask.......]
Let me get this striat, I can put no money in yet get money out? I like the sound of that, I hope for your sake you aint joking

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Hum.. Either he is a genius or absolutely nuts. It would be kinda funny if everyone decided to no longer go there simply out of spite. If he gets money out of I cant imagine it being any different from a normal buisness. Especially if venders had to pay him rent etc. Plus to receive a cut from all of the transactions there that is pretty good for him.

Calculated risk or drunken regretful night.

ThePocketWeasel

Mar 24, 2009
What a genius, I hope he's happy with his $330,000 pixel house. If he makes a profit off it though, then maybe he's not so stupid.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
Man Spends $330,000 on Virtual Item...man is frikking idiot
A man spends $330,000 on intangible shares. He's a frikking idiot. See my point?

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Depending on how well he handles his investment, it can either be a toal loss or a cash cow.

Becuase of my cynical nature, I hope it gets worse for him, so it sets an example to all that game money and real money shouldn't change hands.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Suiseiseki IRL said:
Depending on how well he handles his investment, it can either be a toal loss or a cash cow.

Becuase of my cynical nature, I hope it gets worse for him, so it sets an example to all that game money and real money shouldn't change hands.
Unfortunately for you, he's already won his money back, I do believe.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Wasn't there something like this called Club Neverdie that some guy bought with a second mortgage irl in the game Entropia Universe?

Hey, if they bought it that's their money.

sneeky033

dAT cAPSLOCK
Dec 1, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
It's pricey, and seems kind of silly, but hey - it's certainly a better investment than one of those gold Wiis [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96940-Gold-Wii-Makes-Gold-PS3s-Seem-Inexpensive].
So true

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I did not expect this day to come so soon...... WHAT! What one god damn minute this "game actually has a license from the Swedish government to act as a real bank." WHAT THE FUCK.

dante brevity

Apr 15, 2009
Zak McKracken said:
Ive read through these comments - and as an active player in Entropia Ill give you heads up about why Buzz investment of CP will make him money. First look at the History

David Storey buys Virtual Island "Treasure Island" for $24.500USD in 2004, He made his investment back in 2005.. And Treasure Island is a very popular place in Entropia even in 2009, scenario of one player scoring a big payday from a monster called a Hogglo Dominant in 2006 netting the player who killed it 50,150PED ($5015 USD) David receives tax of 4.5% of that mob , means that everyone who mines ore and hunts monsters have to pay 4.5% of the money they earn to the landowner (David).

John Jacobs buys Asteroid for $100.000USD in 2005, He made his investment back in 8 months, Club Neverdie (Asteroid) is an extremely popular mining area, along with one of the hardest mobs in the game, in 2005 a lucky player killed a Dasplator Young and netted 90,000+ PED (over $9.000 USD) Johns tax rate is 5.5%, Another player finds a mining deposit worth 110.000PED (over $11,000+ USD) again another 5.5%. Since 2005 a 105kped,103kped,89kped,98kped,99kped,95kped has been looted in 6 loots at 5.5% and the only expediture is fertilizer to feed the mobs.

Now Buzz Lightyear has bought Crystal Palace Space Station - Probably the most popular hunting places in Entropia Universe having approx 70 hunters per DAY hunting in the domes , at 4% tax, people hunt up to 14 hours on CP at a single time, it has unique monsters and easily one player would kill an average of 50 mobs per day with a ped turnaround of 3ped MINIMUM per mob (0.30US cents) x 50 x 70 = 10500PED PER DAY (1050 USD) at 4% tax rate earning him 42 USD per DAY (and thats not including MINIS (10-20ped+) , GLOBALS (50+) , HOFS (250+),approx (according to entropia tracker) average loot just in GLOBALS & HOFS (50+) is 17681 PED per DAY on Aurli Monster and 7074 PED per DAY on Kreltin Monster = 24755PED (2475USD) at 4% tax is 99USD per DAY on AVERAGE, so add 99USD+42USD = 141USD per DAY on AVERAGE , on New Years Day he had hunting revenue just in 50ped and above loots of 35633 (3563USD) so sitting on his ass doing nothing on new years day he made 142USD + 42USD = 184 USD - Note this does NOT include any MINIS (10-20PED LOOTS) but we will say that can be for fertilizer cost is the only expenditure, also revenue from selling 30 player owned stalls as well.

So thats just based on averages so his weekly salary just for sitting on his ass doing nothing is a MINIMUM 987USD - Not Bad Huh !, not to mention event tickets , players hiring the domes for events, and a bonus for the ATH (All Time Highs) that get looted (someone got a 87000ped aurli during the time the palace was up for auction) say that happened again theres another 300USD just for that one loot !

Cheers:)
This is a pyramid scheme. The guy who buys his asteroid earns his money back, sure. This new guy makes his money back, maybe. But, unless every human on earth starts to play this game and continues to for all time, eventually there won't be enough real bucks to go around. So someone who bought the latest piece of real estate will lose it all.

When the player base starts to dwindle, or even holds steady, we'll see either this virtual "economy" shrivel up, or, most likely, the company involved will declare bankruptcy and kill the servers, leaving "Buzz Lightyear" owning a big pile of nothing.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
If he spent his life savings on this then you sir are a douche. If hes worth millions and he just had to have it. Then whatever i guess. I'm sure if i had millions of dollars i'd spend it on stupid shit too.