Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
He just got back from leveling and he got his persuasion level all the way up that's why they believed him...

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
Well that guy had some balls to pull that off kudos for him and um.... aw gamestop lost stuff

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
You know what? I'm calling bullshit on this one. It hits that magic line between plausible and fantastic that the Internet falls for every time some punk makes up a story like this. 100 copies? There's just no way.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Seriously? The writer here seems to think that the employees of a franchise should put up a fight for a store that's insured. Had it been some mom and pop shop that you'd probably have a gun in then yes sure that's YOUR business that's not covered by a corperation. Why risk your life for games? First the company is insured against theft, secondly the company is insured for theft. Some 19 year olds getting paid less than well should put up a fight against a potential gun wielding psycho?

Sorry I'm gonna give up the games, it's freaking Gamestop they're covered.

_zuul

Nov 9, 2009
it was a guy working for a nearby bestbuy.

did anyone notice the picture is of a european gamestop?

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I don't know for sure how things are run at Gamestop, but when I was working at the supermarket, it was company policy to comply without question when being robbed. Yeah, there's a chance the guy's bluffing like this guy was, but when it comes down to it, the company can afford to cover the loss of merchandise more than they can afford to cover the death of an employee.

The clerks did the right thing. They look like wimps and suckers, but they did the right thing.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
*claps* Balls man, major balls. He deserves all that stuff, if only because of the clerks were so stupid.
Snotnarok said:
Some 19 year olds getting paid less than well should put up a fight against a potential gun wielding psycho?
I think you read it wrong. The thief was unarmed, he said he was threatened by a man with a gun outside the store, he didn't threaten the clerks himself. He simply bluffed his way through the whole spiel and got away with it.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Well with 7 MILLION copies sold it doesn't suprise me that we would have bastards getting the games and selling them to turn a profit, by selling cheap illgotten copies, or using supply and demand like the little mathmatical fucks that they are.

InsertWittyName

Jun 25, 2009
Lusulpher said:
AceDiamond said:
Cid SilverWing said:
Macksheath said:
Meh, it was GameStop. They probably asked for it.
They so did.
Yeah I know, retail employees are really the scum of the earth aren't they? I mean they should be doing other stuff and...all right yeah I can't keep being sarcastic about how stupid you sound.

Anyway in regards to why they didn't try and call his bluff, it's pretty much retail protocol to not try and be a hero because the store usually is insured against things like this and therefore nothing is really lost.
The employees are not the scum, the business model is.

Google it, Gamestop(EBGames) is a monopoly now that reduces services it's competitors provided, and soon when game prices go up, the unholy Conspiracy will be revealed in full.

Some guy made a detailed video.

Support Gamefly.
My local ebgames isn't so bad, Forza 3 in Australia sells for 100 there, I traded it in there for $70, you gotta admit, thats pretty damn good especially since game (which is usuallyu trading in new releases for 65) would trade it in for 45.
Or its because the guy there was a stoner and sold ma 15 plus to all those who lie about their age and have hit puberty. But hes gone now and so did so many other good employees, now the store went down the crapper.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
If somebody came into the shop I was working for and said they had a friend waiting outside who will shoot me if I didn't let him rip some things off, I'd cooperate. What do you expect - that I'd tell him, "no, you better bring your gun toting friend in here to kill us, or I'm not going to believe you"? Not likely. GameStop undoubtedly wouldn't be paying me enough to put my life on the line to save their merchandise.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Assassinator said:
*claps* Balls man, major balls. He deserves all that stuff, if only because of the clerks were so stupid.
Snotnarok said:
Some 19 year olds getting paid less than well should put up a fight against a potential gun wielding psycho?
I think you read it wrong. The thief was unarmed, he said he was threatened by a man with a gun outside the store, he didn't threaten the clerks himself. He simply bluffed his way through the whole spiel and got away with it.
So you'd not give the games over at the chance that

A- He has a gun

B- There IS someone outside

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Snotnarok said:

A- He has a gun

He never threatened with a gun or anything, if he would've yes then I most probably would just hand over the games. He just made up a story, an incredibly unbelievable story. I wouldn've believed him, that's for sure.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Assassinator said:
Snotnarok said:

A- He has a gun

He never threatened with a gun or anything, if he would've yes then I most probably would just hand over the games. He just made up a story, an incredibly unbelievable story. I wouldn've believed him, that's for sure.
I understand what you're saying, but think, you're sitting in gamestop and the guy says what he said, it makes some sense because if he pulls out a gun, everyone runs and he has people running away, possibly telling police he's there. It's the chance that he has it that makes me say that, I'm not gonna risk my life for a retail store. Of course if it's some twig of a kid I'm probably going to think twice.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
if only he responded no i have a store manager in the back room itching to shoot you for stealing in his store.
your move sir.