Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
COJONES!! COJONES!! The hell is "cajones"? Is it French, English or what?

Also, he must've rolled 20 on Intimidation, Bluff, Hiding, Pickpocket AND Tumble. And probably Strength, to hold 100 boxes.

Osaka-chaness

Jul 4, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Cid SilverWing said:
Macksheath said:
Meh, it was GameStop. They probably asked for it.
They so did.
Yeah I know, retail employees are really the scum of the earth aren't they? I mean they should be doing other stuff and...all right yeah I can't keep being sarcastic about how stupid you sound.

Anyway in regards to why they didn't try and call his bluff, it's pretty much retail protocol to not try and be a hero because the store usually is insured against things like this and therefore nothing is really lost.
This. Human life matters more than products. The training video for when I worked at Walgreens (and it's more than likely it says the same everywhere else) is to ALWAYS follow the demands of a robber, because you never know what they're capable of. Who's to say HE didn't have a gun either?

Please people, keep your hatred of Gamestop out of this. If it was another company, like, EB Games (they have it up in Canada, for those who don't know) or hell, even a smaller, insignificant game seller, no one would be insulting them at all. They're just doing what they're told to do in a situation like that. Would you rather die than give up money, a game, or anything else? Think before you post, morons XP

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
They should just check ebay for some one selling 99 copies of MW2. Failing that the guy is such a legend he might try and sell the game back to gamestop second hand.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
And you know that some news company (Fox, I'm lookin' at you.) is going to cover it and blame the game which is already under-fire from those guys because of the airport scene. <_<;

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
1. Lie to the 15yos working at game stop.
2. Acquire a complete library of XBox games.
3. Run like hell.

Well... now I know what I'm doing with my weekend. >:D

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
ben---neb said:
They should just check ebay for some one selling 99 copies of MW2. Failing that the guy is such a legend he might try and sell the game back to gamestop second hand.
oh god that would be so epic. i wonder what kind of xp he'd earn for that sort of ballsy maneuver!

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Honestly that's genius. Even if caught, he can't be tried for armed robbery. At the most he can be tried for theft or grand larceny since the amount is over $500. If caught he faces probably at most a year in jail. This opens up a whole new area of possibilities.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Abedeus said:
Ca-Ho-Neys - It's spanish, originates from Tex/Mex region. It's Mexican slang for "testicles", and it means you got balls the size of boulders.

"You just walked in and asked for the damn games? And they let you walk out with them? You got brass cojones, más chingón!"

Theissen

Jan 8, 2008
What the hell is up with people blaming the clerk for complying to the thief? Have none of you worked in the service sector before?

He did what he was supposed to do. What would happen if the clerk said, "I don't believe you"? Maybe he would get beaten up. Sure, maybe the thief just would have fled, but there's no way of knowing.

Some of your reactions are completely unreasonable and unfair.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Alright! I want full control of the Escapist or my guy outside your offices will shoot you all!

...Come on!

...I'm not bluffing!

...He's right there, I promise!

... Please...?

PS: Judging by this event, it's a good thing the clerk didn't try to immobilize him by kicking him in the balls... He would have broken his foot in 3 different places on contact.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
Abedeus said:
Ca-Ho-Neys - It's spanish, originates from Tex/Mex region. It's Mexican slang for "testicles", and it means you got balls the size of boulders.

"You just walked in and asked for the damn games? And they let you walk out with them? You got brass cojones, más chingón!"
Haha, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caj%C3%B3n

Cajón is a drum box.

Cojones - co - ho - ness is "testicles", "balls". Please, don't speak if you don't know a squat about Spanish. Same applies to everyone who said "cajon" or "cajones" in this thread. Unless you meant to say "How much drums does he have!!"

edit: Wait, I don't get it. You said "cajones", but in your quote it's correctly "cojones"? What gives?

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Using only words as weapons, a Pennsylvania man managed to rip off nearly $7000 worth of merchandise from a GameStop.

On Tuesday, a man walked into a Meadville, PA GameStop and told the clerks that he had a friend outside who would shoot them if they called the police. The clerks apparently believed him. The thief proceeded to take 100 copies of Modern Warfare 2, as well as a few items from behind the counter, and walk out of the store. The total value of the merchandise pilfered was $6900. Police have yet to apprehend the wily crook, and would welcome any leads.

Several things pop to mind regarding this story. First: Wow. Second: What the? And finally: Really?

That feat takes some cajones, thief guy. What, did you roll a natural 20 on your Bluff check? Impressive.

Wait, 100 copies? How did you walk out of the store carrying that many boxes of MW2? Did you have the foresight to bring a fricking dolly?

The GameStop employees probably did the smart thing by erring on the side of caution, but come on. You're really just going to let a guy rob you because he says his friend outside has a gun? Really?

Really?

Source: WPXI [http://www.wpxi.com/news/21604730/detail.html]

Wait a second... you expect that somebody on minimum wage to risk their lives to protect the few measly dollars that the company will loose in claiming insurance, in the unlikely event that police do not manage to find the theif? The same company that has about the same respect for them as most people do for dog shit?
Seriously?

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
o_0 wtf...
how the f did he carry all that stuff, is no one suspicious of a guy taking a 100 copies of the same game out of a video game store without paying them?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I really don't blame the guy behind the counter not risking his life, to be honest.

Also, this thief seriously has got guts, I'll give him that. And the fact the police don't have any leads is... err odd - where were the CCTV camereas?