Man Takes Hostage, Comments On SWAT Standoff Via Facebook

moretwocents

Jan 20, 2011
It almost seems surreal that this would happen. But then again, all you need is an internet connection and you're good.
Personally, I'll be worried if another criminal texts this:
just tok a hostag lol wil be home late ofr dinner

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Am I the only one that finds it sweet(If not disturbed) that he takes time out (In what must be as stressfull enviroment) to keep his friends updated? ;P

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Another example of why I should never be in power. Anyone who posted shit on his facebook supporting him or "you don't know him" etc would be found and sterilized.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Really, that's pretty classic : "He shot himself in the chest".

Uh huh. 'Cos that's the first thing I'd do in a hostage situation, I'd shoot myself.

In the chest.

So that I wouldn't die, but I'd be in critical condition and I'd need to go to hospital.

How fucking stupid do they think we are?

"No SWAT officer fired a shot" my arse.

That aside, clearly the guy has some serious problems. Taking a hostage in the first place isn't just something you do on a weekend for fun. I'm not here to judge on this one, I just hope the guy pulls through, takes a look at his life and puts his best foot forward.

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
I can't get over the facebook comment on the article saying "Sniper shot me in the shoulder: ROFL" whoever came up with that is a god.

Nov 12, 2010
ExileNZ said:

Uh huh. 'Cos that's the first thing I'd do in a hostage situation, I'd shoot myself.

In the chest.

So that I wouldn't die, but I'd be in critical condition and I'd need to go to hospital.

That aside, clearly the guy has some serious problems. Taking a hostage in the first place isn't just something you do on a weekend for fun. I'm not here to judge on this one, I just hope the guy pulls through, takes a look at his life and puts his best foot forward.
They could check the bullet.He probably was using something different from the standard rifle round with what I assume is a pistol.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Psycho Cat Industries said:
ExileNZ said:

In the chest.

They could check the bullet.He probably was using something different from the standard rifle round with what I assume is a pistol.
Ten-to-one they don't, and even if they did they'd fudge it.

I'll content myself with the chest wound...

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Vrach said:
How and why would someone shoot themselves in the chest?
Not 100% likely to die, makes it look dramatic, impressive if and when you come out.

All that matters to him is seeming 'hard'.

devilkingx

Aug 3, 2011
the people helping him shouldnt be charged, that isnt fair

they dont mean offering advice they mean that you cant like help him pull it off or drive the getaway or supply the weapons and such or plan it for him etc. they dont mean that you cant post your opinion

jesus people do you even read the damn amendments? unless your physically helping him it falls under free speech

and it makes no sense to survive a chest wound, they cant un collapse a lung and they cant patch up a heart