Manly Tears

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
What makes you cry manly tears? You know the kind..
For me, its Mother 3. It really knows how to make you care about the characters

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
They weren't manly but the last time I cried was when I accidentally scared the crap out of some little girls and tore my hands up really bad.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I cried some manly tears in Mafia II. If you played the first game you'll know when.
I've also done it at the end of some movies, most recently AI.

When you act out the ending cinematic of Mafia and have to kill the first game's protagonist, Tommy Angelo.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
One Piece Episode 312

They had to burn Merry ;(

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
The end of The Last Samurai, where they charged out and all got cut down by the hand turned machine guns, manly tears for fallen warriors.....that's right isn't it, or are they normal tears?

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3, 4, and Peace Walker.

[edit]: Oh, oh, oh, and the ending to Cowboy Bebop, Death note, Of Mice and Men, and Final Fantasy Tactics, how could I forget those?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I cried some manly tears in Mafia II. If you played the first game you'll know when.

When you act out the ending cinematic of Mafia and have to kill the first game's protagonist, Tommy Angelo.
They did it so well; especially how meaningless it ultimately is for Vito and Joe. I definitely felt something stirring (although no actual tears).

OT: Of the 120ish episodes of Lost, I've cried at around 118 of them. I still can't watch the ending without full-blown crying. If ever a show half as emotionally engaging as that is made again I'll be happy.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The end of Shaun of The Dead.

Shaun and Ed; the bestest friends in the world.

WhoaItsBrett

Jan 22, 2010
The last time I cried manly tears was when I saw Toy Story 3.
It was a great movie, but had a lot of depressing moments.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Woodsey said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:

They did it so well; especially how meaningless it ultimately is for Vito and Joe. I definitely felt something stirring (although no actual tears).
I think it was my love of Tommy that did it. Multiple playthroughs and Mafia being my first proper game all those years ago. I watched my Dad play, then I played and we've swapped round for the sequel. That taxi driver's a larger part of my life than I thought, really. He helped make me a gamer.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Clannad and Clannad After Story.

It will make anyone cry.

And a bunch of other animes.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Woodsey said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:

That taxi driver's a larger part of my life than I thought, really. He helped make me a gamer.
Same thing here.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
The two season four finale of House: House's Head and Wilson's Heart. I shed a man tear.
Also the final episode of Scrubs, it was touching dammit!

WhoaItsBrett said:
Me too friend. I was able to hold back because I was with a couple girls from work. The same thing happened when I saw Up.

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
I dared listen to Lilium two times in a row. When I clicked the Youtube homepage to leave the video. I began sobbing for quite some time. I don't know why, but that song always sounds so tragic. It is really a beautiful song.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
WhoaItsBrett said:
This

I mean me and my friends had manly tears. It s just we grew up with Toy Story, and they this was the end . But a fitting end none the less.

Kharloth said:
The depressing ending to the calvin and hobbes stories.

Spoilered to prevent accidental uncontrolled crying.

was.....was that really the ending to Calvin and Hobbes? If so thats....thats terrible. Why would that happen. WHY!!!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Kharloth said:
The depressing ending to the calvin and hobbes stories.

Spoilered to prevent accidental uncontrolled crying.
Goddamn, that's pretty freaking sad. And I never even read the series.