Manly Tears

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
They had to burn Merry ;(
[/quote]

God yes. And Ussop leaving the crew was even worse.

nuqneh1

Aug 15, 2010
The end of Terminator 2 will make you cry buckets. Seriously. If they are manly or not is a matter of opinion.

*sniff* I thought they were.

But yeah a lot of things from Gurren Lagaan too.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Hateren47 said:
No such thing as manly tears.

Seymour nooo waaaa-hahaa, it's just so sad.
For a show that is based totaly on comedy that episode was extreamly sad...

zombays

Apr 12, 2010
Hazy said:
These stories from an archived /v/ thread:
My dad and I used to play Super Black Bass Fishing on the SNES when I was younger. I hated the damn game, because I hated fishing and the outdoors in general, but it was the only game he could really get into.

We used to have Saturday "fishing trips" where we'd lock ourselves in the den, make sure my mom and sister left us the fuck alone, and we'd play this game. I slowly started to enjoy it, because it's impossible to be mad at anything when you and your dad are drinking pop and beer (respectively), eating chips, swapping stories and the controller, and having fun.

My dad was more like a bro than a dad. He'd encourage me if I needed encouragement, put me in my place if I was a ****, and always had my back. As I grew older, I'd come home heartbroken from being dumped, and he'd tell me stories of some crazy ***** he'd been with in the sixties or whatever, and always make me feel better. He'd come to the bar with me, sing karaoke with me, and even once punched a guy in the mouth for trying to start a fight with me over, of all things, my t-shirt. That man was so great that, when I was ten, I saw Guns n' Roses in concert in Los Angeles with my cousin. I came home screaming about how I wanted to be Slash because he was so cool and I want to play guitar, so he went and sold one of the rifles my grandfather left him to buy me an electric guitar. I still have it, and when I played onstage for the first time with my guitar instructor in 2001, he was in the audience, crying and telling everyone "that's my boy!". Fuck, I'm tearing up. Back on-topic.

Anyways, he died in 2003, from heart problems. I miss him terribly, and just about a year ago I downloaded the Super Black Bass ROM and resolved to finish it for my pa. We had never beaten it.

I finally did and I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my life. It only took us about thirteen years, but we did it, Dad. I love you man.
Manly tears.
That...made me cry SO hard.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Grayjack said:
Nouw said:
Grayjack said:
Hateren47 said:
No such thing as manly tears.

Seymour nooo waaaa-hahaa, it's just so sad.
Definitely this. I saw it a few years ago, and it was the last time I really cried.
Damn it that was so damn sad... part of me died watching it.

Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
Toy Story 3

Band Of Brothers Ending. Watching them play Baseball...

Notice a pattern with all these films/mini-series?
I just found out that that episode was based on a real dog named Hachiko. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D]
Awww...

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
There is no such thing as 'Manlt Tears.' Either your a Manly Man, and impervious to emotion, or your just a man, in which case you're just crying, you pansy.

But, in response to the actual question, I have not cried in over a decade, and therefor cannot provide an answer. And before anyone comments on that, realize that I know its not something I should be proud of (And I'm not), and I am quite aware that such a condition most likely screams 'Massive Emotional Issues.' Unfortunately, I have much more pressing matters to attend to, or I would go to a psychiatrist.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Clint Eastwood made me cry. I cried at the end of Gran Torino and Million Dollar Baby. I sat there for the whole credits of Gran Torino. I sat there until the screen went black. I just couldn't get up after the end, I just wasn't strong enough.

diego_2112

Jan 28, 2009
Hazy said:
These stories from an archived /v/ thread:
My dad and I used to play Super Black Bass Fishing on the SNES when I was younger. I hated the damn game, because I hated fishing and the outdoors in general, but it was the only game he could really get into.

We used to have Saturday "fishing trips" where we'd lock ourselves in the den, make sure my mom and sister left us the fuck alone, and we'd play this game. I slowly started to enjoy it, because it's impossible to be mad at anything when you and your dad are drinking pop and beer (respectively), eating chips, swapping stories and the controller, and having fun.

My dad was more like a bro than a dad. He'd encourage me if I needed encouragement, put me in my place if I was a ****, and always had my back. As I grew older, I'd come home heartbroken from being dumped, and he'd tell me stories of some crazy ***** he'd been with in the sixties or whatever, and always make me feel better. He'd come to the bar with me, sing karaoke with me, and even once punched a guy in the mouth for trying to start a fight with me over, of all things, my t-shirt. That man was so great that, when I was ten, I saw Guns n' Roses in concert in Los Angeles with my cousin. I came home screaming about how I wanted to be Slash because he was so cool and I want to play guitar, so he went and sold one of the rifles my grandfather left him to buy me an electric guitar. I still have it, and when I played onstage for the first time with my guitar instructor in 2001, he was in the audience, crying and telling everyone "that's my boy!". Fuck, I'm tearing up. Back on-topic.

Anyways, he died in 2003, from heart problems. I miss him terribly, and just about a year ago I downloaded the Super Black Bass ROM and resolved to finish it for my pa. We had never beaten it.

I finally did and I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my life. It only took us about thirteen years, but we did it, Dad. I love you man.
Manly tears.
That got to me hardcore style, in particular the Super Black Bass one... I love my da, he's great (he gave my HIS first guitar as MY first guitar)...

Other than things involving my daughter (her birth, first steps, first time she said "Daddy," her singing along with the Bed Intruder song for the first time, asking for Dyer Maker by saying "Oohh ohhh, peezzz?" things like that), I'd have to say the last time I cried manly tears...

October 2008, when I got the call that my buddy had been shot to death.

Almost four years earlier, we had started a band, Epiphany, where we were both going to play bass (no guitarists, just two bassists, and a drummer). It fell apart after a couple of months (mostly due to graduating and me going to the Middle East).

The news hit me like a ton of bricks.

He was a great guy, and one of the best bassists I've ever known. It was a senseless, pointless, needless death.

RIP, Eddie, you were the greatist!

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
So...Manly tears huh?

I guess when my Father died.

It was seven year ago, back when I was a spoiled little fucker. My father was for one whole year trying to spend time with his children...Me, and my two older sisters. I never thought why he wanted to do this, because I was young and cared only about myself.

...Goddamnit.

...So...So December 2003 rolled around huh? And I talked over the phone with my father:

"Hey boy! You wanna go watch that Hulk movie?" He said
"I'm kind of busy dad, I'm trying to beat that GTA3 game."Yeah,that GTA gmae HE bought ME! WITH THE LAST OF HIS GODDAMN MONEY.
"Huh, well I Talk to you later.."
"Yeah! we speak later dad."

Three days later he colllaspe at his house. He was taken to the Hospital...and...he died.
So here I am...sitting in my dark livng room, trying NOT to cry but the tears are coming out anyway. This isn't maly tears...This is the tears of a Man who only wants his father back.

...Hey...dad?

I'm sorry.

Antendo

Feb 8, 2010
This [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d08vkNAJunY&feature=related] scene from the movie Crash. There's a scene earlier in the movie that's related to this one, so you have to see both of them to really get the tears flowing.

Not sure if they were MANLY tears though...

Jimson

Aug 31, 2010
Getting Kicked in the Balls, When Sam died in The Cell (Stephen King), When the Dog died in I am Legend.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
they execute william wallace
God damn, it makes me laugh when people have to put a spoiler warning on a historical event that I was taught in school. So surreal.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Tibike77 said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, multiple spots...
In episode 8 near the end, where Kamina...
...dies
In the last third of episode 25, when Kittan...
...sacrifices himself so the rest escape the trap
In episode 26 at the very end, when Nia...
...resists the Spiral and serves as a beacon for Simon to materialize
(and the stuff just before that)
I curse you for makeing me remmeber that! Gahh! It was all manly tears I tell ya!

What made me cry manly tears to was Kanon espeically when:

When Yuichi has a fake wedding with Makoto who can barely talk or move and disipear seconds after he is done. Damn that gets me everytime.