March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Even though I voted Valve, Blizzard, Bioware, and Mojang are without a doubt the best developers for this year and if any of those three won, I'm not complaining.

IMO Blizzard deserved it the best this year because Starcraft II is without a doubt the biggest game to come out this past year, but of course they won't win because how dare they release a big-budget game that consoles can't play?

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Tekkawarrior said:
Worst outcome ever, I still can't believe how bad this is. Terrible.
To me, this is something of a bad outcome for the competition. But it could have been worse. Could you imagine the upset if Zynga had somehow won it again.

While I personally thought Bioware was the better developer, I know not to get too hung up on the Mayhem. It's just not worth getting banned or probation on it.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
I have a hard time taking this community seriously any more..
But well played to Mojang I guess..

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
So a developer who is still trying to finish the development of their first game, became the winner.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
someone needs to make a pic of steve (default minecraft skin), standing atop the pile made from the corpses (or unconscious bodies, if your sensitive about it) of major characters from the games of the beaten devs opposing mojang.

would take forever but would be l33t!

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
Fair play to Mojang but I really didn't expect them to go all the way.

I think the 'underdog' feeling was running high and that allowed them to overcome other developers they really shouldn't have beaten (In my own personal opinion)

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
snuffler said:
It's funny because even though Minecraft (Mojang) won, I still like the games I like. Fancy that.
This is what amazes me, that people don't just continue on with their lives as normal, instead of going all "[developer] should have won and mojang doesn't deserve to win". It's not like the end of the world.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Revolutionise industry: 3rd place.
Don't have a finished game: 1st place.

Well damn, I know where my career goals lie.

...strongly, strongly disagree with the verdict. But I suppose the people have spoken.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
I was doing pretty well til Valve got haxxed out of the contest, was joint 4th.

Now I'm 16th and going home with nothing.

I liked Minecraft.

NO MOAR.

Screw Mojang and its army of fantards :3

NeoMaul

Apr 2, 2011
This is probably going to annoy people but I think I can explain what has occurred here.

I play minecraft, I love minecraft, I think its far better than most of the big budget games released today that many on here seem to like.

However notice this is my first post. I actually just made an account here to vote for Mojang, I didn't even read what the contest was about and I'm still not really sure to be honest, is it popularity or development skill or what?

Whatever they won, grats.

I think everyone who plays minecraft just came on here to vote for them and then went back to playing minecraft, like I'm about to do. Sorry.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
right... so dev that makes the most popular new game of the year wins... great, glad we got that sorted.

now we know that - and given that knowing the most popular new game of the moment is easy - we can now disband march madness as it is clearly completely pointless.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Though Mojang would do strongly. Wasn't convinced they'd win over Valve, but once the final Mojang vs Bioware happened, I thought that Mojang would beat Bioware, especially due to DA2 not really being a big hit.

There be a lot of Minecrafters on this site ¬¬