March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
And the best part?

With this advertising contract, all the people whining about how Minecraft shouldn't have won will be inundated with ads for the game! Sort of adding insult to injury there for some people.

Liquid Ocelot

Nov 6, 2010
Absolutely pathetic. Mojang has one average, but addicting sandbox game, and they beat out fantastic developers like Bioware and Square? No. No, should not have been.

Miniges

Aug 20, 2008
Majong deserves it, no sweat. I'm still kicking myself for not bracketing them as the winner.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
Just goes to prove how strong the fanbase for Mojang is, stronger than other companies it would seem ;)

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Don't you need to have actually finished a game before you can be called a developer?

I don't hate minecraft, I keep thinking about trying it out but come on.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Nice to see Mojang the Destroyer win and not some spam reliant conglomerate (Hi Zyngie, we're waving!).

Now, serious question this:

What was the general tone of this year's MM like?
After three years of general bad feeling and ban-a-matics I avoided it completely this year, but did notice it popping up in the recent comments bar a lot less than I remember, so I sort of assumed argument stacks weren't happening as much.
So, were people nicer this time round?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
This is another little sign that indicates that we have an early contender for game of the decade.

awesome_ninja

Mar 2, 2011
pft....pathetic
I never wanted to play minecraft and never will.... GMOD is 10 times better than this
/me blames fanboys *rolleyes*

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Although I was personally rooting for a few different developers, grats to Mojang!

Misho-

May 20, 2010
I'm looking forward in about 10 years when people claim Mojang is a souless Corporate Machine hell bent on milking us for DLC. XD

Congratulations!!! You prooved the justice of our society!

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Surprised by the overall result this year, but oh well.
I welcome the fact that things can go back to normal now >.>

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
So... Yeah. Mojang won. I thought Valve would take it for sure, but I guess people just love Minecraft that much.

Anyway... have they already done the drawing for those swanky laptops?