Marines Desecrate Insurgent corpse, urinate on it

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Whatever happened to just a bullet between the eyes and calling it at that? Peeing on a dead enemy combatant is frowned upon. But remember, these insurgents are crazy enough to strap bombs to themselves and kill innocent people. If they win and control areas, it's nothing but religious oppression. These people are scum, but there's a point where we shouldn't stoop to their level of degeneration. What these marines did was wrong, but remember, they've watched friends die to Taliban forces and we're sitting here and judging them. I don't condone it, but look at it from a soldier's perspective.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Zio_IV said:
I did 4 years in the Marines and you know what I found out in that span of time?

Marines are mostly scum. A good number of them are the exact opposite of the sort of people the GP (General Population) think would join up. Of course there are a few decent people here and there as well (as with any facet of society, really), but all things considered, the majority of people I met during my time in the corps were not the greatest.

I guess that's just my long-winded way of saying that I'm not surprised by this video. I've seen stuff just as bad in person, honestly.
I don't know about the "mostly", but as a veteran myself, I definitely agree that many members of all branches are not quite the paragons that many people seem to think they are.

Whether it's serial cheaters "Overseas doesn't count"; "Ex-"gang members; dumb ass high school kids who knocked up their girlfriends and have no local job prospects; or just plain old idiots who are in 10 years before they see E-4, there are definitely some bottom of the barrel types in there.

And I served before 9/11, when they started giving out all the moral waivers and raising the percentage of recruits they would take who hadn't been able to get a high school diploma. . . and then putting them in some of the most stressful combat situations on the planet.

I would love to see them at least double the pay of service members and then raise the standards quite a bit. But that doesn't seem to be the way the service has been headed for a long time.

TL;DR yeah, I can also imagine some service members thinking that Halo is a good model for how to act after killing someone.

The Long Road

Sep 3, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
The Long Road said:
Wicky_42 said:
Sexy Devil said:
Heimir said:
Couldn't care less. Deficate on them too for good measure. Have you seen what the locals do to the corpses of marines? Now thats barbaric. When you allow your children to pull them to pieces and batter them with sticks and stones all while chanting "Allah Akbhar".
When we're condemning a country for their actions to the point of war, we can't just turn around and start acting like them.
This. It would almost be like bombing a country because its regime was violently cracking down democratically-minded protesters, then turning round and doing the same thing to your own citizens...

OH WAIT :/
Typical American liberal. The Middle East has been murdering protesters for almost a year, and you describe a few Occupiers getting pepper-sprayed as a 'violent crackdown.' Seriously, get some perspective.
Yeah, I'm so American I actually visited the country for two whole weeks!. Fail. Typical Right-wing propagandist response. Again, quoting news articles featured on the Escapist. You do realise that, although they do have a fine selection of hats, the escapist isn't the only source for news? ;)
Very well, scratch "American" from my post. It doesn't change the fact that a "violent crackdown" and pepper spray are not even close to the same thing. And there are other sources for news around me, but they're either the uselessly sensational Fox News, the boring as hell CNN, or Al Sharpton-approved MSNBC. Three fantastic choices.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Could've been worse.

They could've buried the bodies in pig skins.

Now that would have been the ultimate insult.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Congratulations Dumbfuck squad, you won! The grand prize is, you guessed it; a court marshal! You also win an all expense payed trip to scenic Ft.Leavenworth penitentiary. At the conclusion of this you will also win a complimentary dishonorable discharge. Thats not all, the Marine Corps will also be winning a total shit storm and loads of bad press because of what YOU did. Have a nice day you fucking morons.

People like this who give the military a bad name, I hope they rot in jail.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Hmm.... ok

So let me get this straight. Some US Marine guys decided to pee on some dead guys who represent an organization that has a penchant for burning down girls schools, committing honor rapes, and generally having no compunctions about killing large numbers of civilians to achieve their goals.

*shrugs* Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care about this. Sure it's gross to pee on dead people, but... these were some pretty bad people. I could think of much worse things to do to these jerks.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
Yureina said:
Hmm.... ok

So let me get this straight. Some US Marine guys decided to pee on some dead guys who represent an organization that has a penchant for burning down girls schools, committing honor rapes, and generally having no compunctions about killing large numbers of civilians to achieve their goals.

*shrugs* Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care about this. Sure it's gross to pee on dead people, but... these were some pretty bad people. I could think of much worse things to do to these jerks.
Don't you think that maybe desecration reflects more on us than the corpses?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
CaptainKarma said:
Yureina said:
Hmm.... ok

Oh sure it is a tasteless thing to do, and it certainly embarrasses people who are connected to these Marines (The USMC, US Military, and the US Government in general). But me personally? No, I couldn't care less about this.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I'm not surprised...

I'm disgusted! but not surprised...

This may be a war, and there are worse things happening like this around the world on a daily basis but still, common courtesy people!

You know, I'd like to see what would happen if someone pissed on their graves. Betchya that's a big "No-No" right there!

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
They only made one mistake and that was filming this. That's my personal opinion. Far worse things happen in war and if this upsets you, good, I'm glad their are people who despite the grim realities can be offended by this misdemeanor (on the scale of bad stuff that happens in war).

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Not seeing the problem here. The dead guys were already dead, they aren't gonna mind. The people who are getting annoyed about this have absolutely no moral high ground to stand on.reprisal attacks? Like the insurgents need a reason to attack coalition forces or civilians.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
CaptainKarma said:
Yureina said:
Hmm.... ok

There is nothing sacred about death. You can desecrate an altar. Not a corpse.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
ResonanceSD said:
CaptainKarma said:
Yureina said:
Hmm.... ok

Nitpicker. Lets ignore the fact that nearly every religion and culture has pretty strict rules in how bodies are to be treated.

"Don't you think that mistreatment reflets more on us than the corpses?"
Happy now?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
CaptainKarma said:
ResonanceSD said:
CaptainKarma said:
Yureina said:
Hmm.... ok

Nitpicker. Lets ignore the fact that nearly every religion and culture has pretty strict rules in how bodies are to be treated.

Happy now?
Yes, the snipers should know there isn't a taunt for jarate.

But seriously, it's a war, you think the insurgents who go around beheading civilians care about proper treatment of the dead? Props to anyone who shows we're willing to break the rules to make a point.

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
GOOD! The Marines have every right to do what they want to Terrorists, some of their friends might have been killed by the Taliban, so they can do whatever they want to them, they are protecting our world for Terrorism.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
ResonanceSD said:
CaptainKarma said:
ResonanceSD said:
CaptainKarma said:
Yureina said:
Hmm.... ok

Happy now?
Yes, the snipers should know there isn't a taunt for jarate.

But seriously, it's a war, you think the insurgents who go around beheading civilians care about proper treatment of the dead? Props to anyone who shows we're willing to break the rules to make a point.
Yes, but don't you think the mistreatment reflects more on us than the corpses?

Whatever happened to "hearts and minds"? You think we're discouraging people from joining the insurgents by acting like this? Yes, a lot of the insurgents don't treat corpses with respect. But I was under the impression that we were (at least pretending) to be more civilised?

Balvale

Oct 17, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
Not seeing the problem here. The dead guys were already dead, they aren't gonna mind. The people who are getting annoyed about this have absolutely no moral high ground to stand on.reprisal attacks? Like the insurgents need a reason to attack coalition forces or civilians.
The problem is this:

Doesn't match up with this:

What an army does to an enemy in war reflects more on themselves than the enemy. Given the level of reverence for the armed forces in the States, you'd expect soldiers to be held to a higher standard.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
CaptainKarma said:
Yes, but don't you think the mistreatment reflects more on us than the corpses?
This right here is why this forum is so anti-American.

No, it doesn't reflect on us. It just reflects on those involved.

A bunch of people that come from the same land mass as me represent me no more than I represent the entire planet. The sooner everyone figures that out, the better.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
I think what those soldiers did is despicable.
They should know better.

But I can't help but raise an eyebrow when I hear the Taliban calling it barbaric, if only because they cut the ears and noses off their under aged wives.

I guess the only possible conclusion is that fanaticism (on either side) brings out the worst in people.