Marvel Reveals Official Guardians of the Galaxy Synopsis

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Dave Bautista? ABANDON SHIP!
What's next, Uwe Boll to direct the next Marvel entry? Yes, that is definitely next, no doubt about it. Uwe Boll's deadpool.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I've been consistently enjoying Marvel's movies, and it looks like this won't be any different. I'm still sad I didn't have an opportunity to see Thor 2, now I need to wait for the Blu-Ray to come out.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Marvel Studios hasn't disappointed me yet, but this is the movie I most want them to pull off.

Good outer space sci-fi is so rare in films.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
AJey said:
Could not be less impressed...this whole thing looks so damn silly. Sorry to the fans, but I just cant take this seriously one bit.
rocket...
racoon.

This is not something you are supposed to take seriously. relax

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
They're also horribly unfruitful for the creators. I mean, unless there really is nothing other than the synopsis. then it can mask your crappiness, I suppose.

I've gotten to the point where I rarely read the jacket blurbs because they are very likely not going to pitch me. At worst, they turn me off the product. I start in on reviews, where I can generally parse for information from a series of what people do and don't like about the book. I do this less with movies, because I usually stream them and don't lose much for trying. Netflix. I love it.

So yeah. Writers have to make these things short to the point of being unable to cram almost any useful information in.

And Blade Runner would sound even worse now that everyone's done it. ;)
I'm pretty lucky, since most of the books I read are review copies sent by publishers but when I want to try something new, I'm like you; reviews are the best place to start. A good cover and a catchy name tend to make me go looking into the book, though.

Synopses are pretty much just a bunch of buzz words thrown together. "EXCITING! DANGER! SEX! SURVIVAL! BREASTS!"

I think movies are easier in general; I don't need to know much because I'm not going to invest nearly as much time and effort. If a movie sucks, I can turn it off or just forget about the two hours of boredom.

So many people have done Blade Runner that now even Ridley Scot is doing it!

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I'm almost certain this movie is going to bomb, despite being ridiculously awesome (or awesomely ridiculous) in every way!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I'm actually excited, seeing as Rocket Raccoon is one of my favorite Marvel heroes, behind Cyclops and Bucky Barnes.

I'm hoping for a Nova cameo of some sort. That would be cool.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
EyeReaper said:
I always thought Vin Diesel was kind of a wooden actor, but this is just silly :D
I actually don't know about any of these characters (except for rocket raccoon, and that's only from UMvC) so I don't know what to expect. Actually, I do. I expect Star fox quotes when my friends see Rocket Raccoon. but besides that? I dunno. could be good.
That's kind of why Vin Diesel is perfect, as Groot only says one thing, ever: "I AM GROOT." And yet, the director has already gone on record saying he was impressed how Diesel did so many versions of that same line with so many different inflection, simply because he wanted to do it perfect. I love that Vin Diesel is a huge slab of man, but also such a lovable comic and video game dork.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
Just for the people who make the obligatory Wonder Woman comparison; do you want DC to release, what, seven or eight different successful movies before releasing WW? Because just Batman vs Superman might not even be a success.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Malty Milk Whistle said:
It looks like a fun space opera.
You guys remember fun, right?

Right?
This is The Escapist, where a talking Raccoon toting Rocket Launchers side by side with a Tree alien is dumb and stupid and is hated.

FUN IS NOT ALLOWED.

OT:
I'm excited, I can't stand how excited I am for this! Its about time Marvel pushes its universe beyond the stars... zing.
I haven't seen a good space sci-fi film in awhile and the thought of a rag tag team of interstellar beings saving lives, exchanging witty banter, and kicking ass directed by James Gunn until we get the eventual sequel to the Avengers... shoot man, heres my money, i'll take my seat, cause i'm going to have such a blast with this film!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
ninjaRiv said:
Synopses are pretty much just a bunch of buzz words thrown together. "EXCITING! DANGER! SEX! SURVIVAL! BREASTS!"
The main reason I hate writing them. I always end up obsessig over them, too.