Mass Effect 2 Box Art Fails to Impress

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Why waste money on funky new box art when they plan to sell on reputation alone? (Disclaimer: I have no idea if they plan to sell on reputation alone.)

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
VondeVon said:
Why waste money on funky new box art when they plan to sell on reputation alone? (Disclaimer: I have no idea if they plan to sell on reputation alone.)
Because not everyone pays attention to game news. If someones just browsing through a store, they probably want to pick up something based on picture alone.

They most likely thought that RPG enthusiasts were more likely to be paying attention to game news then the FPS crowd. A thought that actually makes a lot of sense.

Also what appears to be wrong with the picture to me, is that the girl is clearly aiming her gun at something, yet she isn't looking at it.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Flying Dagger said:
VondeVon said:
Because not everyone pays attention to game news. If someones just browsing through a store, they probably want to pick up something based on picture alone.

They most likely thought that RPG enthusiasts were more likely to be paying attention to game news then the FPS crowd. A thought that actually makes a lot of sense.

Also what appears to be wrong with the picture to me, is that the girl is clearly aiming her gun at something, yet she isn't looking at it.
My intention was to imply the box art was lame because they HADN'T invested money in it.. :)