Mass Effect 2 Box Art Fails to Impress

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
You people made a 10-page thread about BOX ART??? You really have nothing to do, have you? And I'm amazed by the people who make judgements about the actual game based on the box art. Seriously...

StreetBushido

Nov 22, 2009
Yeah... that boxart was surprisingly un-cool. And what's the girl so happy about?
"Wee! I get to shoot alien robots!"

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
To quote from the Heavy:"Do I smell soiled baby diaper?"
So?
Who REALLY cares?
It isn't going to keep it from being a good game, so it shouldn't matter.
To me, game cases are just holders of the true awesome and only serve to protect it, not make it look good.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
It's pretty lame, I must admit.

Then again... I guess it's not that bad. Looks quite real. o_O;

Still, Shepard's friends over there need to GO AWAY. >_< They're ugleh.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
Very generic. Of course, the disc could be in a plastic bag and I'd still buy the sh*t out of it, but a bit of style wouldn't hurt.

They could have done something like this.

Alarid

Jan 15, 2009
Shamus Young said:
Ooooh! A game about space marines! We don't get nearly enough of these!

Will it have multiplayer deathmatch?
I am almost certain I can wait for a game about true space marines. W40K of course, with Starcraft 2 (the clone) notching its way up there.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Mazty said:
Can you say 'generic'?
Plus, with the whole lack of any sort of coherency (scale looks off etc), it kind of reminded me of this:
Do explain how... I'm very curious.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Rafe said:
It looks like some B movie film cover, where are they looking anyway?
"Lemonhead" seems to be glaring angrily at EA.

God, this is just awful. I'm already expecting a fan-made version and thinking about where I can get a decent print of it to replace the actual box art.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
It makes them look they're going somewhere, and it makes me want to go with them. That's the impression it gives me.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
er.. I really can't see what's so bad about it. It's just your average box art. I think some people are just trying to nitpick here.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
Yeah I'm gonna cancel pre-order, and burn all my bioware games in a massive bonfire in the middle of my cul-de-sac. Then I'm gonna... hahaha, yeah it looks terrible, yeah it could be a marketing strategy to draw in the "lower class gamer" to the haughty, high class highborn rpg player brought down from the heavens type of game, yeah it could be an incentive to buy collectors edition instead of regular, but all I know is I'm not gonna be looking at the box art for long cause it's just gonna remain in my machine for a long-long time, because I know for a fact that it's gonna be awesome, I loved the first one so much I played through it three times, seriously if this is the one complaint than that's awesome (whoever said that props).

SloLynx

Aug 29, 2009
I liked the old one way more. This one just looks stupid in my opinion. Seriously, that's the only way I can describe it.