Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition Revealed

jrobin7401

Sep 17, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
CalPal said:
I'm absolutely sold for all of this, but I have one question...

Instead of the robotic dog, why don't we just get Urz?

[pic snip]

"Whoosh my good widdle Vawwen!? Yesh you are... YESH YOU ARE!! Now go tear the mean, wittle Cerberus baddies to pieces. Good boy!"
I dunno man, Garrus' crotch is looking like it's in a lot of danger...
Good thing he has all that reach!

Dec 14, 2009
jrobin7401 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
CalPal said:
I'm absolutely sold for all of this, but I have one question...

Instead of the robotic dog, why don't we just get Urz?

[pic snip]

"Whoosh my good widdle Vawwen!? Yesh you are... YESH YOU ARE!! Now go tear the mean, wittle Cerberus baddies to pieces. Good boy!"
I dunno man, Garrus' crotch is looking like it's in a lot of danger...
Good thing he has all that reach!
But what if he drops something in an awkward place? He doesn't have nearly enough flexibility!

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Job looking time. Between this, Skyrim Collectors Edition, Halo CE Anniversary, Assassin Creed Revelations and Halo 4 that's at least £310.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Funny, I thought the robotic dog was the most idiotic part of the whole collection. But I'm still preordering this shit LIKE RIGHT NOW MAN.

I am a sucker for collector's editions.

rickynumber24

Feb 25, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Funny, I thought the robotic dog was the most idiotic part of the whole collection. But I'm still preordering this shit LIKE RIGHT NOW MAN.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had a minor WTF moment when the robot dog was mentioned, though the article is written to suggest the author thought that too.

I might actually get the collector's edition... partly for the soundtrack.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
DAMN IT.

Bioware, you could have secured my money by giving me hope in the story, or made me think it was going to really be an RPG, or... or something.

But instead, no. You played upon my love of robotic dogs. And the weird bizarrely meta-fictional thing of giving Shepard the Mass Effect hoodie from the real world that was based on Commander Shepard's armour. I mean, what the?

But mostly I wanna puppy. Who's a good little robotic canine? Is it you? Yes it is!

(If you can play with the dog, I am SOLD RIGHT THERE.)

Edit:
LiquidGrape said:
Also worth noting: the tin case will feature Male and Female Shepard respectively on either side!
HEY! That's cool. I didn't know that. Good stuff!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
A robot dog, WTF? Seriously, WTF?

A couple of piss poor weapons that maybe I'll use once or twice and a tin plated Chihuahua is supposed to make me wet my pants in excitement? Lame Bioware, lame and not real funny.

I think it might just be me, but these so called "collector's editions" are really starting to show that they aren't worth it.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Andy Chalk said:

Pretty much this. Especially since I expect the robot dog to work exactly like the mabari in Dragon Age 2. I used it for all of an hour at the beginning and pretty much forgot to keep bringing that thing out after that point.

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
They had me at "robot dog". Mine will be named...Larry, just like all of my horses in Red Dead Redemption.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I got the Collector's Edition of ME2 when I changed my preorder of MW2 to that, i'm definitely getting this one as well.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
But if I have a Robotic Dog it'll destroy my amazing Shepard/Legion/Tali team!

Soundtrack.... meh, never really cared for game soundtracks; they're designed to enhance the game but not be listened to on their own. The Halo music from that first Arbiter level in Halo 2 without the game behind it? Mediocre.

A hoodie, well an actual hoodie would be pretty amazing, I would definatly wear that (assuming it was a nice subtle black hoodie with a little N7 logo or something) but an ingame one is.... well not bad, but not great.

Extra weapons are always nice to have I suppose, some extra choice. Though I can't help but notice that there was a Widow sniper in the latest trailer, so I'll most definatly be using that instead.

70 Page art book and a big metal case.... wait what?! SOLD!

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
The art book and DLC sold me, but what made it a must-buy for me was the soundtrack album. I love the Mass Effect soundtracks, and I spent something like $20 importing the ME1 soundtrack CD so as far as I'm concerned the rest is free stuff.

But I love the art book and the card inserts, too.

(C'mon, BioWare, throw in a "making of" DVD too, eh?)

-- Steve

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It would appear that I am in the minority of people not particularly interested in getting this. Don't get me wrong, I find a lot of that stuff to be pretty cool and I think that an extra $20 is a reasonable price.

However, I feel it a waste when: I know that the book will be collecting dust on my shelf after 3-4 views, I don't even use their forums so the avatars are useless and I'd rather have the album on my iTunes. I've never really been one to get excited for this type of content.

As for the in-game content, I'm really only interested in the weapons. Alternate outfits for characters and random pets really don't do anything for me.

All that aside, I'm really stoked for this game. I can't wait to get my hands on it next year.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
They had me at Robotic dog. I shall name it...."Dog". :p
Nahh, I'm going to have to name it "Barkspawn"

OT: I may just get this, even though I will be in school at the time. I wonder where the nearest GameStop is in Galesburg...