Mass Effect 3 DLC Appears on Xbox Live

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
aftohsix said:
It's $10 for those who didn't preorder the CE you guys...

Oh wait I get why you're mad. You'll have trouble explaining to your mom why you need 10 more dollars.

Fucking entitled little children. And bitching about the voice acting already. Seriously...
Why not just make the game $70 and include it? Heck, why not make the game $5000 and include all the DLC ever! All those entitled kids not having $5000 to spend on a game need to stop bitching!

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
Sorry. My mistake. I guess I thought 10 bucks wasn't that much money... Fuck Bioware! Yeah! Can I be in the club now?

Also this from Casey Hudson's twitter.

"It takes about 3 months from "content complete" to bug-fix, certify, manufacture, and ship game discs. In that time we work on DLC."

This dude will probably fit into the story quite nicely just like Sebastien in DA2 but I sincerely doubt he'll be "plot essential"

I sincerely hate the gaming "community" more and more every day. I wish my real life friends were more into games so I could discuss games with them instead of subjecting myself to this bullshit.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
blackdwarf said:
Mikeyfell said:
Am I the only person who thinks Day One DLC is a good thing?
Yes?
Okay then?

But this DLC is only included in the Collectors Addition {I wonder if pun was intended}
That's a bad thing.

You should always give the Day One DLC to EVERYONE who buys a new copy of the game.
Fuck people who buy used copies though.

I sure hope you're able to talk to this character like Shale or any of the other companions. (None of that Kasumi/Zaeed shit.)
day one DLC is only good if it is used to reward people who buy the game new. but this is a horrible way. if you didn't bought the collectors edition you are basically missing a pretty big part of the game. and you have to pay 10 dollars to get it. that is just bullshit. i can't play with a Prothean... a PROTHEAN! one of the most important races at the moment and you only get it when you give a pretty big sum of money for it. and it is only a example of how companies work. they have the ability to make big expansions downloadable and to patch games, but instead they only give small extra content for huge prices, from which the content is mostly created before release.
I'm with you, Day One DLC should be available free for all new copies.
I'm sort of indifferent to Online Passes, mostly because I don't fully understand what they are. If they're free I've got no problem punching in the stupid code.

This is a pretty bad use for Day 1 DLC, not really to reward people who bought new, but more to push the expensive collectors addition. I payed for the collectors addition, the way I see it it's like getting a $10 discount. But that' just because I'm a glass half full kind of person (Especially when it comes to saving money)

Relaver

Jun 5, 2010
Section Crow said:
okay i feel cheated but not getting a Prothean on my squad without paying for it but i feel like paying for it now out of curiosity...

also, i did not believe i would see a prothean at all before a quarian face
They better show a Quarians face or I will make a sound thats a cross between a grown and a gnash.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
This is a pretty bad use for Day 1 DLC, not really to reward people who bought new, but more to push the expensive collectors addition. I payed for the collectors addition, the way I see it it's like getting a $10 discount. But that' just because I'm a glass half full kind of person (Especially when it comes to saving money)
The collector's edition is more expensive than the regular though, by more than what this DLC costs. All you're doing is moving the time of purchase of the DLC from "whenever I feel like it" to "before I've even got the game home" not actually saving any money.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
I don't have a problem with Day 1 DLC, or bundling this with the CE to get people to buy it, or anything like that. I DO have a problem with how freaking stupid it is to introduce a Prothean character and NOT have him be critical to the plot.

I've been one of BioWare's most consistent customers for DLC, but I'll be skipping this one. I'm not going to spend money to make the game worse.

wicket42

Feb 15, 2011
Gerishnakov said:
Even so, we're kind of side stepping the real issue, which is that the voice doesn't, for me at least, suit the character at all.

I was thinking they'd have a voice more akin to the Hanar, owing their quite alien nature.
I think that, in the first Mass Effect (or at least the first 3/4), the Protheans are thought to have constructed the mass relays, and are treated as the cradle of the space civilisation; it sort of makes sense they'd be given African accents. The progenitors, those that came before. Although by my own logic it should really be the Reapers with the accents as they were the actual architects.

Personally I don't have a problem with the characterisation; Tali has an accent, why shouldn't the Prothean?

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
TheGuy(wantstobe) said:
Mikeyfell said:
The collector's edition is more expensive than the regular though, by more than what this DLC costs. All you're doing is moving the time of purchase of the DLC from "whenever I feel like it" to "before I've even got the game home" not actually saving any money.
You also get the art book, soundtrack and a bunch of in game weapons (Along with some crap nobody cares about)

I figure the art book alone must be worth the extra $20, plus the $10 DLC and all the other crap. The collector's edition (I just noticed that I've been typing 'addition' I feel silly) is still a deal.

All Day 1 DLC should be free to people who buy new copies, no matter what game.
But this is EA we're talking about, we're lucky they're not selling the DLC as a full price disk release.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
JasonBurnout16 said:
Srkkl said:
JasonBurnout16 said:
I've played mass effect 1 and 2 and read three of the books.

But what the hell is a prothean? I have no clue! (I did read, and play the game,a long time ago.)
Hahahahahahaha, I bet you don't know what a Mass Relay is either xD

OT: This is pretty awesome. Ordered special Edition so I'll be getting it.
They are the things that launch you further into space I believe? I know the citadel is a massive one for the reapers or something.

But like I've stated it's been a long time since I played Mass Effect and I don't really retain gaming knowledge like a sponge.
I totally understand not retaining knowledge of certain things, but what you said is like someone watching Lord of the Rings, saying they liked it, then a year after watching it asking "Who's that Frodo character again?" Hahaha.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
Srkkl said:
JasonBurnout16 said:
Srkkl said:
JasonBurnout16 said:
I've played mass effect 1 and 2 and read three of the books.

But what the hell is a prothean? I have no clue! (I did read, and play the game,a long time ago.)
Hahahahahahaha, I bet you don't know what a Mass Relay is either xD

OT: This is pretty awesome. Ordered special Edition so I'll be getting it.
They are the things that launch you further into space I believe? I know the citadel is a massive one for the reapers or something.

But like I've stated it's been a long time since I played Mass Effect and I don't really retain gaming knowledge like a sponge.
I totally understand not retaining knowledge of certain things, but what you said is like someone watching Lord of the Rings, saying they liked it, then a year after watching it asking "Who's that Frodo character again?" Hahaha.
I think what it comes down to is that it seems JasonBurnout16 didn't really invest in the story and world of Mass Effect, at least not to the point where they retained significant knowledge of it later. I'm guessing they just had fun playing the game and that was that.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Srkkl said:
Bit different as Frodo's on screen for most of the film, while the Protheons are only ever mentioned. But it's a shame someone can't like something and forget facts about it. I'd think it would be a good thing that I can play the game again and experiance it anew. Apparently not.

It could also be because you don't actually see the Protheans. It's easier to remember something you've seen, than something you've only heard about.

Gerishnakov said:
I think what it comes down to is that it seems JasonBurnout16 didn't really invest in the story and world of Mass Effect, at least not to the point where they retained significant knowledge of it later. I'm guessing they just had fun playing the game and that was that.
I wouldn't say that's a bad thing ether. I enjoyed the game, went out and brought the books and enjoyed those too. It wasn't the best game I ever played or the worst but I had fun with it. And that should be what matters in the end.

Now if you asked me about a Dragon Age game you could recieve the entire lore.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
The protheans should have stayed dead outside VI machines like Vigil. Whats the point of saying the reapers killed them all over centuries when there are still some left. Its stupid. It makes the reapers crap as they left some behind. Either way, im not going to bother with this download. Would prefer an old team mate or a Volus or Voucha. Having a living prothean devalues the history of the games. If it was a Collector that kept its memories, then fine.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Those that moaned. What if they made you wait 3 months to get the prothean on DLC? Bet you would be moaning that you had to wait 3 months. lol.