Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Redefines "Epic"

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
Tank207 said:
I just realized something I hadn't noticed before. The marketing guys must really hate Kaidan. I don't think I've seen him in any of the Mass Effect 3 advertisements.
If this truly is the case Im okay with that...you can imagine why X3
I think it's safe to say that Ashley is Maleshep's canon survivor in marketing, but Kaidan survived for the Femshep marketing (I think I saw him in the Re-instated trailer).

mightybozz

Aug 20, 2009
Hyperbolic title much? This hardly "redefines epic". It's pretty cool, but exaggerated journalism doesn't make the medium look good.

Also, why are there age gates on this thing? You see more skin and more violence on billboards and video screens in public.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
A trailer showcasing nothing but corny speeches, space ships (in a sy-fy series), 'splosions, and token sex, set on a backdrop of.... even more 'splosions, and monumental music that easily could've been recycled from countless other movie or game trailers?

I might not be the intended demographic of this, as I actually enjoyed the first two games, but all that this marketing effort has managed to do is to give me the impression that ME3 is nothing but an empty husk of explosions coasting on the popularity of an originally well-thought-out story and concept.

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
I for one just want this game to come out so the bloody hype can end and i dont have to read anymore fan drooling posts untill number 4 comes out,But i will most likely pick this up since i started on the series but i will be a year or so from now . cheap GotY edition with dlc in it.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
ravenshrike said:
The only version out that works is the 360 version. Which gets leaked early for almost every game that comes out on 360.
Word is that the digital download version has also been hacked, since it was available for download almost as quickly as the XBox one, but thus far, I have not seen an actual torrent.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Never fully played a Mass Effect game, always meaning to, but God damn I need to play these! By far the best trailer EVER.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
ChromaticWolfen said:
Andy Chalk said:
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Unless, you know, you live in Europe and you have to wait seven more days. Bloody Americans.

I think the greatest thing about this trailer is when Shepard tells the Illusive Man to go to hell. Can't wait to say that to him myself. Space battles are also cool.
i live in uk so we get it on the 9th

also i really want to know what Cerberus is up to

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I can't wait. Preloading. I can't wait. Preloading. I WON'T ENDURE IT. I JUST... I know what I have to do now!

Dec 14, 2009
Abedeus said:
I can't wait. Preloading. I can't wait. Preloading. I WON'T ENDURE IT. I JUST... I know what I have to do now!

Don't worry.

I'll remember to thaw you out, and I totally won't steal your copy of the game...

>_>

<__>

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Abedeus said:

Don't worry.

I'll remember to thaw you out, and I totally won't steal your copy of the game...

>_>

<__>
Joke's on you, it's already a slave to my Origin account!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
Why does Garrus have an Alabama accent? I swear his voice actor is retarded. He keeps switching accents every 10 minutes. You'd think he knows what character he's playing.
And here I thought I was the only one. Why does Garrus sound like Forrest Gump's mom?

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Sweet. Bring it to steam (or anything except for origin) and I will gladly give you money.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Ugh, the face animations on this game are just.....bad. It totally takes me out of the experience. And the ships flying around blasting each other with explosions is stuff I've seen in tons of other games/movies/anything. It looks pretty average to me.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
The music they used in that trailer was very apt. "Protectors of the Earth"

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
She probably will, although, personally I don't care if she shows up or not. I'm hoping there's an option to punch Jessica Chobot's character.
I got a scene in my head of when you first meet her you get the renegade option to just punch her before she says anything.

And then everything she says is followed by a Renegade option, and if you don't choose that it's just him clenching his fist out of anger.

Ahh... I hope there is too.