Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Redefines "Epic"

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Be abit of a kick but imgine if they got the huge fleet together and where just wiped out one and all no damage done to the reapers and then "You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it"

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Finally a trailer that shows me the sort of things I have been waiting to see out of this game: giants space battles, character interaction, and more alien locales and actions.

Up until this point, the trailers have been about Earth, combat, and that omni-blade thing they never seem to get enough of.

It's a nice change, though I can't say I had the epitome while watching it that the writer did.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
ChromaticWolfen said:
Andy Chalk said:
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Unless, you know, you live in Europe and you have to wait seven more days. Bloody Americans.

I think the greatest thing about this trailer is when Shepard tells the Illusive Man to go to hell. Can't wait to say that to him myself. Space battles are also cool.
That will be cool, but this is what I'm really waiting for:

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post: this trailer is good, but I don't think it quite reached the point of being as good as the ME2 launch trailer. Hell, when you can have a character tell us to "fight for the lost" and have it actually still sound pretty cool, you've done it right.
I am so hyped for that inevitable verbal ass whooping I shall lay down on that asshat!

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
So we finally get to see some aliens in a Mass Effect trailer. Was about time!
My personal high point of this trailer was Shepard's "Go to hell!" to the Illusive Man. I wanted to do that since the guy first showed up in ME2.
ZeroMachine said:
Veloxe said:
Suddenly I'm a little worried about my decision to let the Destiny Ascension blow up in the first game...
You aren't the only one :/
I'm with you guys. My first thought: Wow, that's the Destiny Ascension, isn't it? Second thought: Ugh, well, I guess that means one less ship in my fleet.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
"If you're not ready to die, you're already dead." Paraphrasing but... really? That ranks up there with "We fight or we die, that's the plan". Nope, that's what you do when all of your plans and back-up plans have failed and you have nothing left. Can we tell that Bioware's lead writer quit yet?

Okay, okay. It does look suitably epic and supposedly they fixed all the mistakes from ME2 (haven't seen any sign of that in the ME3 demo yet...) So it is still worth... downloading :)

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
Veloxe said:
Suddenly I'm a little worried about my decision to let the Destiny Ascension blow up in the first game...

So, this is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. I am officially hyped for this game.

And to anyone who thinks hype is some horrible disease, don't bother. I didn't see what the endings entailed, but I did see what the alleged problem with them was, and it doesn't bother me.

FUCKING.

HYPED.

My spine is still tingling just thinking of the music from the trailer.
Quoted for two reasons:

1) Agreed.

2) The second half of the trailer's music (if you didn't know already) was done by a group called Two Steps from Hell. They create albums of nothing but purely "epic" music, and are definitely worth a listen. I hype them up every time I get a chance. I do love the actual music for the game as well for as much as we've heard of it; Clint Mansell (the guy they brought on for just this game) is doing a fantastic job.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Ok... HOLY SHIT! Now that's what I'm talking about! Too bad my Mass Effect 1/2 saves got wiped and I have to somehow play through both of them again before this one comes out...

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
shado_temple said:
ZeroMachine said:
Veloxe said:

So, this is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. I am officially hyped for this game.

And to anyone who thinks hype is some horrible disease, don't bother. I didn't see what the endings entailed, but I did see what the alleged problem with them was, and it doesn't bother me.

FUCKING.

HYPED.

My spine is still tingling just thinking of the music from the trailer.
Quoted for two reasons:

1) Agreed.

2) The second half of the trailer's music (if you didn't know already) was done by a group called Two Steps from Hell. They albums of nothing but purely "epic" music, and are definitely worth a listen. I hype them up every time I get a chance. I do love the actual music for the game as well for as much as we've heard of it; Clint Mansell (the guy they brought on for just this game) is doing a fantastic job.
Excuse me while I go find these guys, listen to them, and make a mess in my pants compromised of excitement, epic, and awesome.
The.Bard said:
*sniff*
Shepard.
This is becoming the best ME3 thread/article, and a lot of that work is because of you.

Thank you, sir. Thank you.

Jul 9, 2008
Saulkar said:
ChromaticWolfen said:
Andy Chalk said:
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Unless, you know, you live in Europe and you have to wait seven more days. Bloody Americans.

I think the greatest thing about this trailer is when Shepard tells the Illusive Man to go to hell. Can't wait to say that to him myself. Space battles are also cool.
That will be cool, but this is what I'm really waiting for:

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post: this trailer is good, but I don't think it quite reached the point of being as good as the ME2 launch trailer. Hell, when you can have a character tell us to "fight for the lost" and have it actually still sound pretty cool, you've done it right.
I am so hyped for that inevitable verbal ass whooping I shall lay down on that asshat!
Eh...get ready to be disappointed.
Apparently, when you first get to the Citadel from Earth, the Council just says "well, it's your fight, we don't give a shit". Fucking assholes.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
The.Bard said:
*sniff*
Shepard.
This is becoming the best ME3 thread/article, and a lot of that work is because of you.

Thank you, sir. Thank you.
I was born to do this!

Have you ever seen that movie... the one with the bald dude, and he has to keep his heart rate above a certain point, or HE'LL DIE? Crank, maybe?

That's exactly what I'm like, only I have to think about Mass Effect every 10 minutes. This isn't just a public service; I'm keeping myself ALIVE.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Must fight urge to buy, as that would entail using Origin. Must fight the urge to buy....

Maximum willpower, engage...

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Just as i posted on youtube: Holy shitballs on a golden frizy being tossed by Chuck Norris on the back of a cyborg T-Rex to Raptor Jesus on the back of a flying turtle while the Old Spice Guy plays patty-cake with Master Chief in a volcanoe to the tune of Stairway To Heaven.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
ChromaticWolfen said:
Andy Chalk said:

Surely you mean Canadians? Since, you know... Bioware's roots as far as i know are in Canada. Well maybe its up to EA... in that case... Bloody Americans...