Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Redefines "Epic"

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
]That will be cool, but this is what I'm really waiting for:
Same. Here. That and the chance to make it a hat trick of... well, of this:

Seriously, if she shows up again for a third knuckle sandwich, I might just die of laughter.

Does that make me a bad person?

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
VivaciousDeimos said:
shado_temple said:
ZeroMachine said:
Veloxe said:
Snip
Quoted for two reasons:

1) Agreed.

2) The second half of the trailer's music (if you didn't know already) was done by a group called Two Steps from Hell. They create albums of nothing but purely "epic" music, and are definitely worth a listen. I hype them up every time I get a chance. I do love the actual music for the game as well for as much as we've heard of it; Clint Mansell (the guy they brought on for just this game) is doing a fantastic job.
My favorite part? The song they're using for the trailer is called Protectors of the Earth.
Appropriate, no?

The Pinray said:

[i][b]RAMIREZ! Stop the Reapers with your riot shield![/b][/i]

...Am I doing this right?[/QUOTE]

As long as it was Keith David barking the orders, I'd do it.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
That trailer was awesome! I am concerned though that a few things might happen.

1. Killin off one/more of my favorite characters (Liara, Garrus, Tali, Joker, Legion, Shepard)
2. Having to choose between Legion and Tali
3. Legion betraying me
4. That something small from one of the last games screws me over
5. Some BS ending that comes out of nowhere

Jul 9, 2008
Dr Snakeman said:

Seriously, if she shows up again for a third knuckle sandwich, I might just die of laughter.

If she shows up? She definitely will, just like Conrad Verner. They're running jokes, they have to be there.

Personally, I'm just curious what the successor to "snide insinuations" and "disingenuous assertions" will be.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
when I watched it the thing that stood out most was the thresher maw attacking the reaper, but all in all I enjoyed it

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Dr Snakeman said:

if you play through Shadow Broker at the end you have access to camera feeds for various people including her. one I had come up had her get punched, by I think it was, a krogan, and in another she got kicked by an volus. so either shepard is a bad influence on people or she really likes pressing people til they attack her

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
ChromaticWolfen said:
Andy Chalk said:
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Unless, you know, you live in Europe and you have to wait seven more days. Bloody Americans.

I think the greatest thing about this trailer is when Shepard tells the Illusive Man to go to hell. Can't wait to say that to him myself. Space battles are also cool.
As an American who is rabidly awaiting the stateside release of Xenoblade Chronicles, right back atchya x10.

OT: Epic trailer is epic. Love the grand feel of it. The previous trailers just didn't make the conflict feel all that big, but this...

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
SurfinTaxt said:
I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say after you actually play the game LOLOLOLO
I'm going to say that i'm having fun, and then I will go to all the ME3 threads and talk about how much fun i'm having just to make you and Zeel mad

OT: this is by far the best of the trailers, cant wait for the game (stupid arbitrary release dates)

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Four more days... four more days... four more days.
*breathes into a paper bag*

Okay then... I've failed to not get over hyped for this game. Still, I'm trying not to get my expectations too high. I know something is up with the endings, but I refuse to look into any spoilers so hopefully that won't disappoint too much. Never the less, finally finishing the trilogy is going to be a bitter sweet feeling.

Anyway... back to impatiently awaiting the sixth.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Dr Snakeman said:

If she shows up? She definitely will, just like Conrad Verner. They're running jokes, they have to be there.

Personally, I'm just curious what the successor to "snide insinuations" and "disingenuous assertions" will be.
That's what I'm hoping for.

Also, I'd personally find it funny if they forwent the whole "flowery language" deal for this last installment and just had Shepard say "I'm tired of your bullshit." Just because it'd be unexpected, and the move to simpler language could be interpreted as poking fun at all the people accusing BioWare of 'dumbing down' ME3.

th155

Mar 4, 2011
Dr Snakeman said:

Also, I'd personally find it funny if they forwent the whole "flowery language" deal for this last installment and just had Shepard say "I'm tired of your bullshit." Just because it'd be unexpected, and the move to simpler language could be interpreted as poking fun at all the people accusing BioWare of 'dumbing down' ME3.
Then again, those people would think that using the word "bullshit" is evidence of that same dumbing down...

Jul 9, 2008
Dr Snakeman said:
Dr Snakeman said:

Lol, that's a good point. At the same time, I almost want it to go over-the-top with how complicated it is. Like, 5 words long, spoken like he's in Shakespeare XD

Also, this being the final installment in the main series, I kinda want there to be an option to shoot her, but that may be a bit cruel.

Feb 2, 2011
Tank207 said:
Four more days... four more days... four more days.
*breathes into a paper bag*

Okay then... I've failed to not get over hyped for this game. Still, I'm trying not to get my expectations too high. I know something is up with the endings, but I refuse to look into any spoilers so hopefully that won't disappoint too much. Never the less, finally finishing the trilogy is going to be a bitter sweet feeling.

Anyway... back to impatiently awaiting the sixth.
Not to worry, it doesn't matter. I thought it would be a big deal, but it wasn't.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I expected something like the starwars battle videos or the trailer of Shepard fighting the Reapers on earth with all the solders, but I gotta say they put together a really exciting video especially since it's all scenes from the game.

What I really liked seeing: familiar squadmates, the action, and the space battles

What I didn't like: I just don't like some of the clothes they wear or how somethings look shitty sometimes and eye popping at others, the sex scene, and Shepard's voice. It turns out I really wished they picked someone else to be Shepard's voice actor.