Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Trailer Goes "Special Forces"

Agent Monocle

Aug 10, 2009
They should allow you to play the Geth as well, but it requires at least 30 players to form a consensus for one Geth character.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Hmmm. I gotta say, if this is gameplay footage of combat in general, I am pleased. However, they better not have compromised the single player story to improve said combat and shoehorn in the multiplayer. I will withhold final judgement until I have played the game.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Doesn't anybody else read this stuff...? It was a different team. The singleplayer will not have been hurt by this.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
Savber said:
SpiderJerusalem said:
So, let's get this straight: you're so blinded by your decision to buy the game that any other opinions (especially opinions formed from reading up on FACTS), are easily dismissed by attempting to reduce valid concerns (massive plot and character changes, EA forced game modes and total tonal shift compared to previous installments) into a wave of the hand scoff, as if they were people complaining about Shepard having blue armor instead of red?

Does that not strike you as being a bit off?
Plot changes? Character changes? Do you have the game or something? I've read the leaked script with all it's so-called horrors and I can honestly say you're overreacting.
Really? You did read all the way to the ridiculous and pointless ending?

Arina Love said:
News flash: dynamic story line and characters. Characters change with time and story develops. Your bias stench can be recognised a mile away.
It's doesn't "undermine" anything, just expands and develops.
but anyway don't like it don't play it. Bioware will not even notice.
"FACTS" haha show me proof that leaked script was final OR was every possible outcome of decisions. you can't because it's vague and incomplete.
PS i have read every spoiler leaked too. you are not special.
Oh, I forgot, EA and Bioware today attract kids with little sense of actual understanding of story. You do understand that "dynamic" story lines and character changes do not mean that the game makers can make all other choices void to suit a poorly constructed ending.

That script? It was very much confirmed to be true. It was all even clearer when EA started with the good old "this isn't ready" act, just some four months before release. Even voice actors have confirmed that they had stopped recording stuff at that point. While some things arguably may be cut, that script, for better or (in this case) for worse, is what we'll be getting. Unless they suddenly decide to delay the game for six months and re-write and script and direct the entire conclusion over again.
Developers have all right to do all the changes they think best. If you don't like it don't play it your crying all over forums will not get you anywhere. "this isn't ready" means it's was not full script and it was not ready and you have no other option or proof to say that script was complete until you played the game.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Say, Bioware, why don't you talk about what you've done to EDI, hmm? :mad:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/scan0001.jpg
I wasn't going to click that, as I don't really want any ME3 spoilers, but eventually succumbed after reading other peoples responses. I agree, I do hope this isn't the case. Surely part of the appeal to the banter between Joker and EDI was one being a human and the other being portrayed as a holographic "ball on a stick"? Also, not sure where giving EDI a
physical body
fits into the story of ME3. Ok, so the war hadn't kicked off in ME2 and anyway, spending what may have been billions of credits to bring back Shepard and the Normandy was fairly necessary. But at the time of an all out galactic war (one that sees Earth overrun by Reapers, no less), would resources really be getting pumped into a rather frivolous update to an AI (or should that be "Synthetic"?)

Anyway, neat trailer, though really, I'm still waiting on that FemShep trailer we were promised. Just over a month now, people! Get it done!

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Kusko25 said:
lack of Budget.
Yeah, EA didn't just drop a pretty penny on a Bioware game recently. I'm sure budget is such a huge concern and they didn't essentially get a check that may as well have read "Infinity Dollars" from EA to make the third installment in a wildly successful franchise.

Savber

Feb 17, 2011
SpiderJerusalem said:
Savber said:
SpiderJerusalem said:
Really? You did read all the way to the ridiculous and pointless ending?
What? You mean the endings where there is NO clear cut good or bad endings?

Honestly that sounds great to me! It's about time that Bioware quits pandering to people that always demand a lovely rainbow and sunshine ending (as seen in almost all Bioware games).

I honestly don't see the issues with the endings here. Care to explain what I missed?

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I'm actually really interested to see if this works without detracting from the core game. I've seen no evidence that it won't, but I know enough to know that multiplayer raises a whole new series of technical challenges which, of course, take up time and resources.

And if we're talking about terrifying race/class combos, I have to say.. Krogan Sentinel. :S

MarsProbe said:
Ok, so the war hadn't kicked off in ME2 and anyway, spending what may have been billions of credits to bring back Shepard and the Normandy was fairly necessary. But at the time of an all out galactic war (one that sees Earth overrun by Reapers, no less), would resources really be getting pumped into a rather frivolous update to an AI (or should that be "Synthetic"?)
I'm not 100% behind this decision either, but I think it does reflect EDIs growth throughout ME2. At the beginning, she's shackled and treated as very much a single-use tool, whereas by the end as far as I can see she still has unfettered access to every system on the ship (there's certainly no scene where she's ever reshackled) and is treated much more like a person. Since AIs in mass effect are tied to a unique quantum computer which forms their 'brain', the only way for the (now free) EDI to get out and explore the world in a more meaningful way would be to have some kind of body in which to do it.

In many ways having a body kind of represents her transformation from overgrown electronic warfare suite to full personhood. Thus, while I think the sexbot 3000 seems a little excessive, I'm not adverse to the idea of EDI having a robot body with which to explore the world. Heck, humanoid robots seem to be all over the place in ME2, they can't be that hard to build.

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
HammerIntoAnvil said:
Hopefully by then I'll be able to figure out why Shepard's omni-blade makes that metallic "shink" sound when he turns it on.
The same reason that point and shoot cameras make a shutter noise - it'll have been based on a peice of tech that did once make that noise and now people expect it ;)

/smartass
In other words, it's a "feature."

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
evilthecat said:
I'm actually really interested to see if this works without detracting from the core game. I've seen no evidence that it won't, but I know enough to know that multiplayer raises a whole new series of technical challenges which, of course, take up time and resources.

And if we're talking about terrifying race/class combos, I have to say.. Krogan Sentinel. :S

MarsProbe said:
Ok, so the war hadn't kicked off in ME2 and anyway, spending what may have been billions of credits to bring back Shepard and the Normandy was fairly necessary. But at the time of an all out galactic war (one that sees Earth overrun by Reapers, no less), would resources really be getting pumped into a rather frivolous update to an AI (or should that be "Synthetic"?)
I'm not 100% behind this decision either, but I think it does reflect EDIs growth throughout ME2. At the beginning, she's shackled and treated as very much a single-use tool, whereas by the end as far as I can see she still has unfettered access to every system on the ship (there's certainly no scene where she's ever reshackled) and is treated much more like a person. Since AIs in mass effect are tied to a unique quantum computer which forms their 'brain', the only way for the (now free) EDI to get out and explore the world in a more meaningful way would be to have some kind of body in which to do it.

In many ways having a body kind of represents her transformation from overgrown electronic warfare suite to full personhood. Thus, while I think the sexbot 3000 seems a little excessive, I'm not adverse to the idea of EDI having a robot body with which to explore the world. Heck, humanoid robots seem to be all over the place in ME2, they can't be that hard to build.
Ah, looking at it that way, it does then seem like a natural progression for EDI. I guess she will be playing the second tech-based sqaud member in ME3, as unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Legion will be filling a supporting role this time around. After all, it's not like they could sideline Tali now, right? :)

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
I am now officially only playing a Krogan Infiltrator, as a screw you to bioware. Also a quarian vanguard. And a salarian soldier specced as a tank.

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
The multiplayer portion is made by a seperate studio.

Just saying... won't change the quality of the main game