Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Trailer Goes "Special Forces"

Abbo

Jan 20, 2012
Hmm the Turian seems the strongest pick if it´s anything like mass effect2 campaign powers.
Warp and overload are a good combo the techarmour the best protection power.
I wonder how the adrenaline power works though, slow down one opponent?

beniki

May 28, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
RJ 17 said:
Regarding "How did we go from a one man army to online multiplayer?" The story behind ME 3 is that the Reaper invasion has officially begun. The galaxy is officially in all-out war. No more hiding behind denial of the Reaper threat, you're fighting for your life.
I was really more talking about the fundamental shift in gameplay. Would you make an epic, 60-hour single-player RPG out of Team Fortress?
I think Bioware is just bored of RPGs now, and are looking to branch out into other genres. They're still keeping up their tradition of strong writing, so that's fair enough. I still feel a little regret though... kind of like watching your old college Dungeon Master turn into a high flying business executive. You're happy for them, and it's good that they're doing well. You just kind of wish they'd still break out the old d20 every now and then.

Makes me winder what they're going to do next. They're turning Mass Effect in an multiplayer FPS game, and KOTOR became an MMO, and they're even taking a stab at an RTS with C&C: Generals 2. Will Dragon Age become a Soul Calibur style fighting game?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
I'm still not entirely clear on how a "one man against the galaxy" RPG mutates into a multiplayer online shooter over the course of two sequels, but at least now I have some idea about how it'll work.
It was never one man, it was one squad. This just takes the squad thing to its logical conclusion by letting your buddies be your squad.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Tee hee, you have the trailer that spelled sentinel wrong (@0:47).

More on topic, I'll give it a try, but I doubt that I'll play it much.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Mmmm... I suppose that ultimately all I can say to that is... FEEL THE BLOOD RAGE!!! *shoulder tackles husk/Cerberus operative/anyone else*
If the Krogan is a beast of a tank, then I'm going Krogan.
Tohron said:
Krogan Infiltrator motto: "No witnesses."
Indeed, this is most suited to my usual tactics when playing Mass Effect; two words - Massive. Fire. Or should that be Massive Effective fire?

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
this looks horrible. How did we go from the first game to this? Wow..I am literally amazed at how bland shittiness from Madden and COD have bled over into bioware...thanks alot EA.
Not sure if someone has quoted and told you yet but CoD is Activision not EA.

Also on topic. I actually kind of like how this looks. Seems like quite a bit of fun. Only time will tell though.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
soren7550 said:

They also spelled grenade wrong, at 45 seconds in, on the power list for the drell vanguard. It's spelled gernade in the video.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
this looks horrible. How did we go from the first game to this? Wow..I am literally amazed at how bland shittiness from Madden and COD have bled over into bioware...thanks alot EA.

Anyway, this actually looks pretty good, especially with friends. Although I'm more interested in the actual story, but this could make for some more replay value.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
CounterAttack said:
Roganzar said:
This just makes me want ME3 more.
I'm going to have to, extremely grudgingly, allow Origin on my PC. *choking on my own bile*
Aye, same... I don't trust it for a second, unless someone can confirm that it is not in fact highly intrusive. Or any of the other things people have said about it.
Or you could just...read the EULA. I guess that's a lot of work though?

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Say, Bioware, why don't you talk about what you've done to EDI, hmm? :mad:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/scan0001.jpg
Personally I think that we get ANOTHER Normandy ship. And so that EDI can get into that ship she creates herself a body to continue to work with the Shepard and the crew. I mean The Elusive Man is now an enemy so it would only make sense that they wouldn't use the same ship that has a direct connection to him.

Jyggalag

Jan 21, 2011
Mass Effect 3 is going to have multiplayer? Bioshock and Dead Space had multiplayer squeezed into their games and it didn't work out. Why should this be any different?

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009

[HEADING=1]WHERE ARE MY DAMN BATARIANS BIOWARE?![/HEADING]

I can play a Drell or a Quarian but not a Batarian?! Seriously, I know that they may not be on good terms with the Citadel, but you think the Reaper threat would make it so even a few of them would be willing to sign up to help defend the galaxy.

Honestly, the Drell bit kinda gets under my skin. They're my least favourite race in Mass Effect. Two centuries ago, only a few hundred thousand were saved from their home world before it was lost to civil war. How many are now around that they can represent a sizeable portion for military purposes? I know they're good for assassins, but how many actually go through that training for the Hanar?

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
CosmicCommander said:
I'll make people a wager regarding ME3.

It's going to be awful, machismo, poorly-thought out populist bullcrap.
I'll make a wager that you'll think that, regardless of how the actual game turns out.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Good job to Bioware on making the multiplayer bits canonical, and I'm guessing that means you'll have a mode where you play as agents of The Reapers?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Redingold said:
soren7550 said:

They also spelled grenade wrong, at 45 seconds in, on the power list for the drell vanguard. It's spelled gernade in the video.
One of the CE weapons is called the Valient in the trailer...

What fool put these things together?>!

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Eh I'm holding my judgement til I actually see gameplay but from thus it looks standard hope the singleplayer isn't mass effected

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Redingold said:
soren7550 said:

Really? *goes to check*

Bwa-hahahahahaa! Looks like I need to make another.