Mass Effect 3 Review

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
BoogityBoogityMan said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Pray tell... what exactly do I have to gain from ME3 getting a good review?

This I have to hear.
continued access to review code for future bighugegames from bighugepublishers...gotta have that day 1 review up on the site, right?
Uhhhh, publishers are looking for hype, hence why they give out early copies, in the hopes it gets a positive review and more people buy it.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Hey don't pay attention to the haters too much Susan, you've got integrity and a reader base in the thousands if not tens of thousands. You wouldn't have gotten to where you are by leading your readers astray consistently.

Also I'm jealous, I would kill just to have a dozen people read one of my articles or posts on my blog lol.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
BoogityBoogityMan said:
MiracleOfSound said:

This I have to hear.
continued access to review code for future bighugegames from bighugepublishers...gotta have that day 1 review up on the site, right?
The fact that Bioware TV is running his music, exposing his work to a wider audience? Most artists consider that a very good thing to be getting. It is, after all, what a lot of artists have historically been willing to sign away creative rights for, though on a much smaller scale, since Bioware is hardly a recording contract with BMI.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BoogityBoogityMan said:
MiracleOfSound said:

This I have to hear.
Again... how does that affect me any more than anyone on the site? I don't do reviews.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
BaronIveagh said:
BoogityBoogityMan said:
MiracleOfSound said:

This I have to hear.
The fact that Bioware TV is running his music, exposing his work to a wider audience? Most artists consider that a very good thing to be getting. It is, after all, what a lot of artists have historically been willing to sign away creative rights for, though on a much smaller scale, since Bioware is hardly a recording contract with BMI.
It could be that Bioware just really like his work, and want to share that with their community.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BaronIveagh said:
Except that I don't have to give up any creative rights. At all.

Bioware and I are just mutual fans who like eachother's work.

Dunno why that's such a difficult notion to grasp.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Except that I don't have to give up any creative rights. At all.

Bioware and I are just mutual fans who like eachother's work.

Dunno why that's such a difficult notion to grasp.
I didn't say you did, I said that in the past, artists have done that. And Bioware has been very deliberate in their music selection in the past, why would they deviate from that now (not implying that you are not good, but rather that Bioware has selected every song up to this point very deliberately to produce certain outcomes, but in this case, the logic they used is not clear.)

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Zhukov said:
I was already on board, but a little confirmation never hurt anybody.

My copy should be arriving any day now.

I said, any day now... *twitch*
Try 3 days later... :/
Still, can't wait!!

Apr 28, 2008
If I could be pedantic for a bit, the Reapers didn't start at Earth. They started with the Batarians, at least from what I could tell in the demo. Where else would they get all those four-eyed husks when they attacked?

Good review. I'll be avoiding this game until it comes in non-Origin form. Or when the price drops on the console version.

Being poor sucks.

KraGeRzR

Nov 23, 2009
Protip for the homophobic - play as femshep, and the homosex is lesbian!

Take it less seriously, too.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
The game has a 93 Meta Crit score, Wow EA must have payed off EVERY SINGLE GAME MAG WITHOUT ANY OF THEM REPORTING ON IT FOR A MASSIVE SCOOP! SUSAN YOU TURN COAT!

PS I just checked though the MC User reviews, most of them mention Day one DLC and Homosexuality as a reason to give a game 0/10. People are giving a game a 0/10 score, which means there is nothing at all good in the game, because of they added Homosexuality or "Political correctness gone mad".

People are idiots.*

Still, sucks that I have to wait still Friday/Welsh Mail to stop failing, but never the less, EVERY who reviews games is giving this a high score, all my US friends playing it are raving about it and the biggest complaint ive seen so far is that its not as good as ME2, which is one of the best games out there. I Repeat, people are idiots.

Oh, i will ask, Whats Hardcore/Insanity like to play? Harder/Easier than ME2?

*I'm not including the people who gave it a lower score (5-8 etc) due to actual reasons they didn't like, just encase you think that.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
Danial said:
The game has a 93 Meta Crit score, Wow EA must have payed off EVERY SINGLE GAME MAG WITHOUT ANY OF THEM REPORTING ON IT FOR A MASSIVE SCOOP! SUSAN YOU TURN COAT!
You do realize that only 5 critic reviews are posted there, yet, right?

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Hopefully this game will be worth installing origins over then.

In 2 days I'll make my own mind about the game, had it preordered anyways so reviews were never gonna to influence my buying decision, but as me3 threads up to now had tended to be pessimistic it's nice to know I won't be buying another dragon age 2 (some people liked it, GOOD for them, apart from some redeeming qualities in act2 that game really disappointed me personally).

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BaronIveagh said:
My name's Colin Young, and feel free to visit your nearest library to dig out the now dead papers I occasionally got my own byline in. I usually didn't get one though.

I actually did lose a job for refusing to lie, and I do feel good about it to this day, because the Buffalo News ran a story vindicating my findings on the front page back in 2010, even though it didn't get my byline.
I guess we'll just take your word for it then.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
If I spare people any spoilers, I'm happy to do it. Of course, there's no dealing with "lazy" people - they don't generally like to read at all. Too taxing on their tiny brains.
Touché, Ms Arendt, touché.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Eh, I know I will get hate for this, but when the mass effect trailer link is on the front page with the title "Mass Effect 3 redefines the word 'epic'", You can't help but think that there is some gushing going on. Whether or not anyone has been paid (which I doubt). It'd be nice if this site could maintain a neutral tone outside reviews and opinion columns.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
BaronIveagh said:
My name's Colin Young, and feel free to visit your nearest library to dig out the now dead papers I occasionally got my own byline in. I usually didn't get one though.

I actually did lose a job for refusing to lie, and I do feel good about it to this day, because the Buffalo News ran a story vindicating my findings on the front page back in 2010, even though it didn't get my byline.
I guess we'll just take your word for it then.

The Buffalo one is easily verifiable: the IT vice president of the SG Corp was in bed with the former CEO and stealing the customer data from the company and funneling it to him. I tried to expose her and got shown the door instead. Six months later it blew wide open with her resignation and the ensuing lawsuits.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Just finished installing it and i can't run it because apparently i don't have physx installed, that would be fine, but i have a friggin ATI card, hopefully i will find a solution soon, but its still fucking weird.

EDIT: well it works with physx installed, whats the point of it i have no idea. Off to shoot some husks and save the galaxy and whatnot.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
TLS14 said:
Eh, fair enough. I figure that's what's going to happen, anyway, so I guess Origin is the way to go in my case. I mean I don't have a 360 or even a PS3 copy of ME2, so that's out of the question. Just to be sure, though, does anyone here have an Origin account, and can they verify that it's safe?
Yeah, and it's fine. Got it for BF3, was able to download some other that I had CD keys but no discs for, so that was a bonus.