Mass Effect: Child Killing Simulator

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
I loaded up the traditional thread simulator music [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9s4fuOL3FM], did some jazz hands, swayed a little, and suddently it was one of the funniest things I've heard all week!
I love you man, you win the thread.

I wonder what people will uses as the next root of all evil? greedy bankers? Pogo sticks?

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
There is only one mission that springs to mind where it is possible to directly kill civilians in the entire Mass Effect franchise. And that's where terrorists have taken over the compound.

I can understand a shocked reaction but it's a shame people don't look into what they are blaming.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Spector29 said:
Your thoughts? I just find it funny Mass Effect has become the punching bag for any issue the Moral Guardians have with Videogaming as a whole. That, and as the comments start to drift towards defending Mass Effect, there are still a bunch of people who think there is a 'massacre' scene in it.
To quote Perls Two things are infinite, as far as we know, the universe and human stupidity. To-day we know that this statement is not quite correct. Einstein has proved that the universe is limited.

What you're seeing is the desperate clawing of addicts trying to avoid the truth. America (or, a large portion of) is addicted to guns, like any addict they'll cling to anything that means they don't have to face that fact, however absurd or broken the logic they create to justify it, in their head it makes perfect sense, because they're addicted.

What they need is help, but God help anyone trying to give it them.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Vault101 said:
the funny thing is I'm sure many of us wish ME3 was a child killing simulator..for a partiular child..if you know what I mean
If there's anyone I wanted dead more in that game, it was that Nightwing looking wanna be mutha-fucker. I hated him soooooooooooooooooo much. I was glad I finally killed him.

OT: OP's avatar and the music of the video go hand in hand. I also wonder what would happen if a serial killer was found to be an avid fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. Can you imagine the backlash Disney would get? People would probably try to outlaw the power of friendship and heart.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
FelixG said:
Vault101 said:
you know I'm actually sad I cant find thease people and grill them with some logic
Grilled idiot with a sprinkling of logic.

Probably would taste horrible.
With a side dish of Shut The Fuck Up. Would be wonderful.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I don't have the words to describe how stupid and uninformed these people are. 'Mass-Effect-Child-Killing-Simulator' Yep, as far as i recall there was only one child NPC in the entire trilogy and he died while trying to evacuate with a transporter. The protagonist had nightmares about it the entire game, ok, at least 3 times i think, clearly that was enough to make this a child killing simulator.

Ryokai

Apr 4, 2010
As soon as the massacre happened, sick people tried using it to further their own agendas.

As I recall, Iran state TV immediately blamed it on Israel, because why not? After you've blamed shark attacks in Egypt on the Mossad, any inhibitions against looking stupid are clearly non-existent, so you might as well go all the way.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
I'd feel sorry for those stupid people if they weren't so dangerous in a group. Also, your avatar was pleasantly distracting dancing to the music from the video haha :)

Boogie Knight

Oct 17, 2011
It's like the masses of people laying flowers for Princess Diana, those people were trying to make themselves part of the story. Jumping on this "Blame Mass Effect bandwagon" is just a way for lazy people to feel like they matter. Meanwhile, a child in a third world country see his parents murdered and is then conscripted by an insane despot responsible for said murders and is forced to kill people who never did that child wrong in order to survive. Blaming video games for insane people doing insanely violent things is just another case of First World Problems, and people unable to accept that no amount of social engineering can create Utopia where nothing bad ever happens.

childofskyrim

Dec 30, 2012
Man, there goes my last shred of belief in humanity. you know what's interesting though? The actual shooter did like a video game, but it wasn't mass effect 3.

It was Dance dance revolution.

Well shit, guess those facebook idiots are right. Games do inspire violence. Thats probably why i want to bash their skulls in. :)

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
OlasDAlmighty said:
Hey clueless parents, if video games are the main contributors to your child's mental/psychological development you're doing it wrong.

Only a kid who's already severely screwed up would react to games the way you all claim they do.
What!? Are you implying that parents actually take responsibility for THEIR OWN CHILDREN!? Blasphemy!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The content of the game itself rarely matters. We've all seen and played games that are oh so much more violent than Mass Effect of all things. That's not the point. The point is the media needs to pick on the most popular, most played game, not the most "immoral". That way you make a stronger case than by flogging some game no parents have heard of. It's GTA all over, because that game was the most popular of its time, and now enter ME.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Vault101 said:
TheScientificIssole said:
Don't use "If you know what I mean", it makes things sound sexual.
People say dumb stuff on the internet! What makes these people different, that they insult something you like! They're dumb-dumbs on the internet, its common!
speak for yourself....most people here know exactly what I mean

also the difference here is its more stupid than usual...its one thing whenthey go after GTA but to go after aomthing as tame as mass effect is jut infuritating
You're only making it worse! Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but your not making a case for what you mean!
I think the internet is a free world in which tards can be tards, and it doesn't bother me unless they are hypocrites too. Like, if you can post evidence that these tards are apart of a gun-club, than sure. I'll put on my hood and attend the internet lynching, but until then me and those jerks are on the same level, if you know what I mean.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Vault101 said:
People say dumb stuff on the internet! What makes these people different, that they insult something you like! They're dumb-dumbs on the internet, its common!

also the difference here is its more stupid than usual...its one thing whenthey go after GTA but to go after aomthing as tame as mass effect is jut infuritating
You're only making it worse! Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but your not making a case for what you mean!
I think the internet is a free world in which tards can be tards, and it doesn't bother me unless they are hypocrites too. Like, if you can post evidence that these tards are apart of a gun-club, than sure. I'll put on my hood and attend the internet lynching, but until then me and those jerks are on the same level, if you know what I mean.
So you agree with them that Mass Effect was the reason for the killings ? Because that's what I understood from you being on the same level as the ignorant fools, if you see what I mean.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Yokillernick said:
Vault101 said:

So you agree with them that Mass Effect was the reason for the killings ? Because that's what I understood from you being on the same level as the ignorant fools, if you see what I mean.
"Ignorant fools"? Cool down, Ming The Merciless! I meant it in a joking attitude. But, no, I do not agree with them. But I believe we are on the same level: Douche-bags on the Internet.