Mass Effect Movie Script.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Well, rumor has it they're not casting Seth green AS FUCKING SETH GREEN...

So my expectations are not grand.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Making a movie based on the Mass Effect franchise is a heavy risk, but the priiiiiizzzze.

Honestly I don't care if it fails, as long as someone takes the risk and tries to make something spectacular. And maybe, just maybe, it creates a whole new awesome movie franchise set in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!! (seriously, we need one of those)

Aglynugga

Jul 25, 2010
This will be a Micheal Bay style blockbuster with MULTIEXPLOSIONS and close-ups of Tali ass. Shepard will be a rough-shaven U.S MARINE in space bring 'Merica style action straight to the alien terrorist threat. Super fist fights and laser gun blasto dust 'em ups with at least one giant space ship ramming another right up the propulsion engines. Que a moment for some pg-13 love making, and then the hero will save the universe for AMERICA! and all the blessed helpless species that couldn't do it on their own.
This movie will have to appeal not to just the gamer community, but to the transformer/hunger games audience as well, 'cause money. Prepare your anuses for a rock video ride of a movie, and grab your vomit bags and seatbelts for what will surely be the bestest movie of EVAR!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
IllumInaTIma said:
Wait, wait, wait. What about the movie that was supposed to be based on The First Contact War?
Can't remember exactly, but I think you're thinking of a fan-made project. It's starring Sheploo's default face model-model, right?

David Bjur said:
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Making a movie based on the Mass Effect franchise is a heavy risk, but the priiiiiizzzze.

Honestly I don't care if it fails, as long as someone takes the risk and tries to make something spectacular. And maybe, just maybe, it creates a whole new awesome movie franchise set in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!! (seriously, we need one of those)
Only a matter of time till someone went there.

...Can it wait for a bit? I'm busy with trying to think up a film-related word that rhymes with "ibrations".

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Aside from Prince of Persia, which was good on it's own merits based on the "99 nights" kind of story, what video game based movie can you think of that was good? I certainly cannot think of any. I predict no less for Mass Effect.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
It'll probably suck. I'll see it anyway. It's most likely to suck purely from a subjective point of view though as it is likely their Shepard will not be my Shepard.

I'll still see it though.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
wow... making it about shepards story even though the majority of the intended audience already has their own unique and better version, great move :| why not get uwe boll to direct!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
jklinders said:
It'll probably suck. I'll see it anyway. It's most likely to suck purely from a subjective point of view though as it is likely their Shepard will not be my Shepard.

If it's not at least passable, then I hope it's hilariously bad so I'll at least get something out of it.

I mean, face it; for those of us who've played all the games we'll probably see it anyway.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Innegativeion said:
jklinders said:

If it's not at least passable, then I hope it's hilariously bad so I'll at least get something out of it.

I mean, face it; for those of us who've played all the games we'll probably see it anyway.
I'll be happy with two things. "Big stupid jellyfish." and a punched out reporter.

Ardure

Nov 23, 2009
As someone who thought Fem-Shep was way way way better than the male shepard I have to say I think the movie would be disappointing. Granted I only really feel that way because of the voice acting. Male Shepard is flat and completely lacking where Fem-Shep is just all around incredibly well done.

And I know they want to make it into a movie for the money ... but to be honest there is absolutely no point in doing that because the games already tell the story wonderfully.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
Innegativeion said:
IllumInaTIma said:
Wait, wait, wait. What about the movie that was supposed to be based on The First Contact War?
Can't remember exactly, but I think you're thinking of a fan-made project. It's starring Sheploo's default face model-model, right?

David Bjur said:
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Only a matter of time till someone went there.

...Can it wait for a bit? I'm busy with trying to think up a film-related word that rhymes with "ibrations".
Oh I got one:

"Can it wait for a bit? I'm busy denying bad-ending allegations."
Wait, you said "ibrations"? The only word I can think of is "Vibrations".

"Can it wait for a bit? I'm busy fastening the camera to avoid vibrations."
That is just sad.

HHammond

Jun 28, 2011
No! No no no! First off, it'll have male shepard, who is just plain awful, and COMPLETELY undermines the experience of Mass Effect! It's a cinematic experience, yes, but most of my love, and I think I can speak for most fans, comes from the ability to interact with the characters and world and effect them! I'm not going to lie, on paper, the Mass Effect plot is kind of boring. It's a pretty standard "Aliens come, they're evil, shooty shooty". Making this into a passive experience is just a huge, stupid, mistake.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Eh, so what if they make a shitty video game movie, it's not like it would be the first time it's happened(Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Prince O' Persia etc.) Crappy movies don't detract from the awesome games they are based on, and with a game series as well written as Mass Effect, there may actually be hope that the movies won't completely suck ass.

However despite good writing, the movie is still very likely to be suck. If they wanted to do it right, they should make it an HBO series. That would actually give the plot enough time to develop without feeling compressed and rushed.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I always thought Mass Effect was a series that didn't really need a movie adaptation because the game already had a story and dialogue on par for a decent film.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
I'm tentatively OK with this. I think it's going to suck, but I don't think that it's a bad thing to try to turn Mass Effect into a movie - heck, it might even work out well. I sure hope it does.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Innegativeion said:
Well, rumor has it they're not casting Seth green AS FUCKING SETH GREEN...

So my expectations are not grand.
Direct from the article:

The company also said that Seth Green would not play Joker in the film version, but since then, the company seems to have backpedaled a bit, and now say "No casting decisions have been made yet."