Mass Effect: Stock Exchange

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I understood what the joke was straight away, but I never knew that stock photo before now. Great, now I'm going to have to make one of myself at work holding lemons...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
RJ 17 said:
:p Gotta say, while I've never fully understood the appeal of Tali that makes so many people fawn over her...but she DOES look incredibly cute in this comic. :3
Well, 'dem hips!' are a good place to start :p

In all seriousness though I think she's definitely one of the better written characters. She's flawed but still very likable, and the mask adds an air of mystery (or should I say 'added' -_-). All things considered though I'm more of a Liara man, or Garrus on the occasions where I happen to be a woman.
I'm with Liara through and through. I've done every possible romance option through all the games (cept for Kaiden...poor, poor Kaiden, he's the only crew member of the Normandy that has never gotten some "action" :p). But for my "canon" playthroughs, Liara ends up being my lover whether with FemShep or MaleShep. Personally I think her love story through the entire series is the best written of them all. Think about it: in ME 2, she's the only one that cared to look for you after the destruction of the Normandy, whether you romanced her in ME 1 or not. She gave you to Cerberus, but only because they told her they could bring you back! Sounds like she never gave up on you after you save her from the volcano.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Valanthe said:
Cute comic. I love Tali's excited pose in panel 2.

I remain one of those few people who actually isn't bothered by the whole "Stock photo" mess. I was actually a little dissapointed that they showed her face at all really, I liked the mystique my imagination brought to it, I guess it's kind of along the same lines as why I think women in more 'reserved' clothes are far sexier than those who walk around with it all hanging out.
The whole drama wasn't so much about the fact that they photoshopped a stock photo, but because that they did a really terrible job at it. If you look at her hand (the finger placement is completely different from the Quarian anatomy you see in the games, by the way) you can still see the 3rd knuckle from the ring finger.
That's why people accused Bioware of being lazy and such, because it looks like the creator was using photoshop for the first time in his life and did the whole thing in 15 minutes tops.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
I don't get it.

...oh, it's a meme... uh huh... yeah, I suppose that its kind of funny in the way "arrow in the knee" was funny (i. e. not fuunny).

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
I'm Commander Shepard...

...and why can't I hold all these limes?

Thanks for the good laugh XD.

Serves Bioware right for being lazy after talking so much about how epic their will be.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
You are being very insensitive to Quarian culture, Shepard. Their species have learned to adapt to their limitations, such as being identical to stock photo models and being unable to hold large number of limes.

In fact, I'm starting a petition to have the final panel of this strip changed. Also I donated money to cancer research so if you don't sign my petition you're essentially saying you like cancer.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
OK, that was pretty funny; definitely got a laugh out of me! =D

I mean, I am not at all upset that they used a stock photo and just photoshopped it, and I still laughed. Was glad they showed her face at all.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Hehehe.

Saw this yesterday and loved it, although didn't get the entire Stock photo thing until today xD

Very well done.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Why can't I stop all these Reapers?

It is rather disappointing that Tali just got a stock photo for her reveal. Somewhat because I wanted the Quarian's to be more Alien. We already have human-faced aliens with the Asari...

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
conanthegamer said:
She isn't going to be giving me any pictures. I chose the Geth over the Quarian's and she committed suicide. Whats really bad is we did the horizontal hop in Mass Effect 2. And after we met in 3 she was giving me all sorts innuendo while she was alive.
I'm told, that's actually how you're supposed to get the photo. It pops up after she's offed herself, though I'm not sure where.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
McMarbles said:
I don't get it.

...oh, it's a meme... uh huh... yeah, I suppose that its kind of funny in the way "arrow in the knee" was funny (i. e. not fuunny).
*sigh* Yknow, I didn't get it either at first, so I'm not gonna be a dick to you. Just... for future reference, try not to sound like such a... well... tool(?) when expressing that you don't get/like a joke.

Anyway, this should clear some things up.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116202-BioWare-Uses-Stock-Photo-for-Tali-in-Mass-Effect-3

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Ohlookit said:
I don't get it?

-M
Don't you just hate it when media use a meme punchline that you've never heard of?

Hell, I first thought it was Cole McGrath, which made even less sense.

Dreadjaws

Nov 29, 2011
RJ 17 said:
:p Gotta say, while I've never fully understood the appeal of Tali that makes so many people fawn over her...but she DOES look incredibly cute in this comic. :3
Well, I don't know about other people, but I find her voice very alluring. Also, the air of mistery she has makes her more interesting. I would have prefered it if they didn't show her face.

BanZeus

May 29, 2010
The Random One said:
You are being very insensitive to Quarian culture, Shepard. Their species have learned to adapt to their limitations, such as being identical to stock photo models and being unable to hold large number of limes.

In fact, I'm starting a petition to have the final panel of this strip changed. Also I donated money to cancer immunodeficiency research so if you don't sign my petition you're essentially saying you like cancer immunodeficiency.
Fixed. :)

Dreadjaws said:
RJ 17 said:
Well, I don't know about other people, but I find her voice very alluring. Also, the air of mistery she has makes her more interesting. I would have prefered it if they didn't show her face.
Agreed, there was nothing to be gained by showing her face except angry nerds posting messages on... Whoops, almost opened up a self-referential singularity there...

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I'm weirdguy, and this is my favorite joke commentary of Tali's photo on the interwebs.

alternatively, I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite fruit in the Citadel