Mass Effect Trilogy Will Include DLC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect Trilogy Will Include DLC

The Mass Effect Trilogy will include DLC, but the details vary a bit from system to system.

The biggest question to follow in the wake of last week's announcement of the Mass Effect Trilogy seemed to be, "Will it include DLC?" Sixty bucks isn't much of a deal, after all, if you end up forking over extra cash for Zaeed or Pinnacle Station. But the situation has been clarified and the news is good: DLC is part of the package.

Not all the DLC, however, and what you get depends on what you have. The PC version of the Mass Effect Trilogy will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station for Mass Effect, the Cerberus Network for Mass Effect 2 which includes the Zaeed Massani DLC The Price of Revenge, the Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, the Arc Projector heavy weapon and the Normandy Crash Site mission, and the Online Pass for Mass Effect 3 which grants access to multiplayer.

The Xbox 360 version of the Trilogy is very similar, but instead of being on the disc, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station will be available as "stand-alone downloads" from Xbox Live, while details on the PlayStation 3 version of the package will be revealed "soon." EA also confirmed the Trilogy is fully compatible with previous releases of the games, so saved games from the original releases will work with it and you can get your multiplayer on with the rest of the world.

The clarity isn't perfectly crystalline because it fails to state definitively whether Xbox 360 owners will have to pony up for the "stand-alone downloads" or if they'll be given codes for free downloads. We've put the question out to those who might hold the answer and if we hear back, we'll let you know. The Mass Effect Trilogy comes out on November 6.

Source: BioWare [http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So, basically, the PC gets ONE paid DLC in that package...
Why am I not surprised?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I thought it was November 7th, the whole N7 thing?

edit: Mass Effect Trilogy ? November 6th 2012
Guess they changed it, my bad.

CPunchMaster

Aug 29, 2011
So, you get the awful Pinnacle Station DLC that nobody would pay for anyway, but you don't get anything else?

No Kasumi, Arrival or Shadow Broker? Or the extra character from ME3? That's like 30 dollars right there.

Oh, EA.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Xan Krieger said:

I'm guessing US retailers bitched about it so EA had to push it forward to the preceding Tuesday. So much for the N7 date idea...

OT: Can't help but notice how the ps3 version of ME2 had Overlord, LotSB and Kasumi as part of it, I'm guessing it'll be cheaper for PS3 owners to get all 3 separately.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Richardplex said:
Xan Krieger said:

I'm guessing US retailers bitched about it so EA had to push it forward to the preceding Tuesday. So much for the N7 date idea...
Well, "wait at the retailer all day at November 6th to get it, play it November 7th at home" might be what EA is expecting to happen - even it is VERY doubtful that most people are going to wait in line to get it. Not after the ME3-incident...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I feel like they'd ultimately sell more if they offered most of the DLC from ME1&2 for all platforms. Having different DLC free on different platforms is incredibly stupid (assuming "standalone" means "pay extra").

Still no definitive word on whether the 360 ME1 will be optimized or not. That's all I really care about personally.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
EA: "We'll release all three games bundled together for our great N7-Event day!"
Community: "So, GOTY-style all DLC included, or just the games?"
EA: "It will include DLC! But ... it'll only be the ones PC gamers get for free anyways."
Me: "Kay, screw you, still not gonna buy ME3 then."

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
So.... none of the important and/or good stuff. Aside from Bring Down the Sky... (which I can't ever download again because of I don't know what reason but it won't let me on any computer... fuck you, Bioware... fuck you.) ... If anyone knows where to get ot now I'd love you forever.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
FEichinger said:
EA: "We'll release all three games bundled together for our great N7-Event day!"
EA: "It will include DLC! But ... it'll only be the ones PC gamers get for free anyways."
Not EXACTLY true... Pinnacle Station is paid DLC. But it's also the only DLC you never need.
PS3 might be lucky and get the ME2-DLCs again, at least. Otherwise, why bother when you get LESS than originally?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So was anyone really suprise that they did included the DLC into the triliogy set? I wasn't!

Apr 28, 2008
Good to see it'll include Bring Down the Sky. Getting that damn DLC separate was a nightmare. Really wish they'd include all DLC for ME2 with it. Or at least the same DLC they packaged with the PS3 version of ME2.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
What's the point in having different combinations of DLC on different platforms? Seems wholly unnecessary. To be honest, if it's not going to include all the DLC then the only people who this is worth a damn to are PS3 owners who never got to play ME1, so they're really shooting themselves in the foot here.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
This is bullshit. The only 'free' DLC they are including here is Bring down the Sky and Pinnacle station. And one of those, Pinnacle Station, is effing retardedly useless. Everything else is included with the Cerberus Network, which comes with any new copy of ME2. So, really, they are "giving away" the DLC for a 5 year old game, half of which is useless.

Well isn't THAT just effing generous!
I own ME1 and 2, and was planning to get this, since I only own half the DLC for ME2. And I was hoping that this would round out my collection! I'd get the rest of the DLC, and I'd get ME3 all in one beautiful package.

No. No, instead I, and others like myself, get the shaft.
Not buying. Screw you, EA.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So they include the DLC that came free for those who bought Mass Effect 2 new (I think anyway) and Bring Down The Sky and Pinnacle Station, two of the cheapest DLCs I've seen, and that come with the Xbox Classics version anyway. Oh, and an online pass for ME3.

Oh, EA you generous bastards.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Bindal said:
FEichinger said:
Not EXACTLY true... Pinnacle Station is paid DLC. But it's also the only DLC you never need.
PS3 might be lucky and get the ME2-DLCs again, at least. Otherwise, why bother when you get LESS than originally?
Pinnacle Station was effectively free if you used the "no purchase necessary" route to enter whatever soda or fast food company contest was going on at the time and got a free entry to the contest on their website just by filling out a form. The consolation prize for losing was a $5 EA Store credit...which was exactly how much the DLC cost. I immediately regretted spending it on that though. It was a waste of five minutes of my time to get a free copy of it and another 15 to determine that there was nothing fun or interesting about it.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
So, the DLC's we still have to buy in order to complete the package are: Arrival, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi, Overload, From Ashes, Leviathan and some extra goodies. That means 4080 points ($51) if we just want the story DLC, and 5360 points ($67) if want all of the DLC. That's more than the price of the trilogy itself. And that's not even taking any future ME3 DLC into account.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Bindal said:
FEichinger said:
Pinnacle Station was effectively free if you used the "no purchase necessary" route to enter whatever soda or fast food company contest was going on at the time and got a free entry to the contest on their website just by filling out a form. The consolation prize for losing was a $5 EA Store credit...which was exactly how much the DLC cost. I immediately regretted spending it on that though. It was a waste of five minutes of my time to get a free copy of it and another 15 to determine that there was nothing fun or interesting about it.
Considering that those contest never happened outside of the US... nope, not free here, ever.
Still, not worth it, either.