Mass Effect virgin almost five years later

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Zero Serenity said:
I have never played Mass Effect before yesterday I'm nine hours in
There's one major problem there .... don't play a single video game for 9 hours in the space of 48 hours!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zero Serenity said:
Oh. I did have to laugh at the line "Remember when we just opened locks with Omni-Gel?" because the hacking minigames are still rather silly, but they could have been much worse.
Did you get the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC then?

Or do they say that line somewhere else as well?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Batman said:
Basically Saren = a villian I can respect, disagree but respect all the same.
I agree. Saren is freakin' awesome. He is a lot like The Illusive Man, only scarier. TIM is a lot smarter than Saren though. I like a villain who doesn't know that he is a villain. One who thinks that he's doing the right thing, but at the same time he is not afraid to get his hands dirty for the greater good. That's a good villain. And both Saren and TIM qualify. I love them.

Batman

Feb 12, 2012
Zero Serenity said:
It gets said towards the begining of the game. I think some of the lines are randomly triggered.
You need to get the shadow broker dlc. If nothing else, just for the sky car chase.

Sep 14, 2009
Zero Serenity said:
So...welcome back to the now bloody panties of my Mass Effect gaming experience.
Lol'd.hard.

But glad to see your enjoying me2!

I would definitely recommend as others have pointed out getting the shadow broker DLC, and the Project Overlord DLC is quite good too! (the weapon packs and shit are all useless, idk about the character one though)

the game definitely gets better as it goes along i think, so hopefully by the end your enjoying that game as much as I/we did (we as in the fans).

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
SecretNegative said:
To be fair, the first Mass Effect is kinda...well...crap.

The characters are for the most part boring (aside from Wrex), the dialogue get's fucking retarded at times (With the Rachni Queen in Noveria is downright laughable), the combat is awful, the AI is extremely thick, the story is kinda meh (though wel presented in the end) and going around on random planets is very boring when it shouldn't. Everything is too empty, and all the bunkers filled with bad guys are just identical.

ME2 and ME3 is just much better games, IMO of course.
Did you read my mind? I was going to say that the only character in the first game I liked talking to was Wrex. I took him on everything, he was the only good character if you ask me.

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
(If you're just joining us, I've gone through Mass Effect and am now on Mass Effect 2)

30 Hours into this one and I'm finished with Mass Effect 2. I can't help but think the game is taking more than a few hints from Freespace, specifically the second one and the end of the SOC storyline. The Normandy looks suspiciously like the Lucifer Super Destroyer and Apollo Space Superiority Fighter had a baby and decided not to tell anyone about it. My original summation that the Reapers were The Shivans with a different name has been thrown a wee bit out the window, but that's yet to be completely confirmed. Well anyway, the Widdow and Adrenaline Rush made the game lots of fun and even the final boss was challenging. I enjoyed having a handgun that wasn't a complete waste of time (if the ammo count was laughable) and generally liked the shooting in this quite a lot. I do have to level that having to wait a second to throw on an ammo power when Barrier is an instant cast does break the flow somewhat. Something I found silly was when landing on Haestorm EDI talks about how the sun is overloading shields, but why in hell is nobody wearing helmets?!

But when it comes down to it, this game actually suffers HUGELY from the same problem Final Fantasy XIII has and that there are too many terms, too many people and a complete mess of trying to know what's going on at some times without a guide. For the record I managed to have everyone survive the mission without looking up help.

I ended up hating the planet scanning mechanic when I completed the game not because it was a bad idea, but it just seemed like a total time waste that left you with WAY more resources than you could possibly need. On that note, buying fuel was still an absolutely silly measure.

I'm not saying the game isn't fun and it's definetely a substantial improvement over the first one, but it still feels like it's missing something that isn't quite perfectly tickling my fancy. I dunno. I'm also purposefully trying not to shag anyone.

Also, as an experiment as I will start Mass Effect 3 next week, I already got the extended endings just to see what it's like from a fresh perspective if you will. (Please, no opinions on the subject, I'll get to it)

Cheers, I need to go wash my panties.