Mass Effect

draythefingerless

New member
Jul 10, 2010
539
0
0
people are complaining that because she is in the game info entertainment shenanigans? i just hate that this excuse for a shell carcassed ***** fucking whore....ouf im sorry, i just hate this kind of people. im not one for saying oh shes pretty thus she got her job and fame for the tits, but the ***** licked a PSP... twice for fucks sake...i dont think she deserves a voice acting job(SHES GETTING PAID FOR THIS) over tons of professional people who actually know how to act, went to school to learn it, and have more talent than her at it. and i blame Bioware really.

sorry if i am being bit extreme in my dialogue. its just sth that gets under my skin.
 

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
12,010
0
41
Country
United States
I knew where this was going to moment Tali mentioned the Journalist punching. Bravo!
 

jFr[e]ak93

New member
Apr 9, 2010
369
0
0
figday said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Greyfox105 said:
I... fail to get that one >.>
I guess I'm just in daft mode after walking the dog.

Also, I'd love to see some of the submissions you've had. Hell, I might actually be smart enough to understand some of them.
I think Erin is implying Chobot isnt a real journalist, so Shep isnt going to punch her.

Anyway good strip and seeing the submissions would be pretty cool.
Ahh. Now I get it. Damn I'm slow today :D
I thought it was a sexual innuendo that was going over my head. Now I feel like a perv...
 

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
795
0
0
Grey Carter said:
At least, I think it's supposed to be her - in the screenshots they've released so far, the character more closely resembles a wax sculpture of The Jersey Shore's Snooki that's been left out in the sun.
OH GOD! I can't unsee it! Why would you do that? What did I ever do to you?
 

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
4,701
0
0
antipunt said:
Soooooo can you punch her in the face?

Probably not huh?

PS: and what is with this 'disingenuous assertion' bizness
OP: I'd love the option to punch her in the middle of every dialogue exchange. Keep her on her feet.
 

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
670
0
21
By far, the funniest thing about this strip is Tali shopping for clothes. It's like seeing Legion comparing pineapples in a grocery store.

Shepard: Uh, Legion? You know what you're doing?
Legion: BUILDING CONSENSUS.
Shepard: S-sure, just catch up when you're done there...
 

mysecondlife

New member
Feb 24, 2011
2,142
0
0
Proverbial Jon said:
Wow, I didn't actually get that joke until I read these comments. I officially fail.

I don't quite understand the whole thing with Jessica Chobot, I mean is she really that attractive? I guess I am being picky here but her voice annoys me and her face is just too big... and I'm not even talking about the ME3 render.

antipunt said:
PS: and what is with this 'disingenuous assertion' bizness
Try this:

I find her really pretty. But its really her voice work that matters for this game... (bioware's going to fuck up the faces anyways) and although I'm not sure she'll do a good job, its way early for me to judge.
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
Mythrignoc said:
I'd love to see all the submissions as well and how they stack up with my roommates submissions (hers was the chocolina from FFXIII-2 one).
Ellie came in third, I was really impressed with her work.
 

Ilikemilkshake

New member
Jun 7, 2010
1,982
0
0
LordLundar said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Greyfox105 said:
I... fail to get that one >.>
I guess I'm just in daft mode after walking the dog.

Also, I'd love to see some of the submissions you've had. Hell, I might actually be smart enough to understand some of them.
I think Erin is implying Chobot isnt a real journalist, so Shep isnt going to punch her.

Anyway good strip and seeing the submissions would be pretty cool.
Of course on that I would disagree that she wouldn't get punched. Khalisah al-Jilani can be punched repeatedly and calling her a journalist is the equivalent of calling Faux News a respectable news agency.
The people at Fox News are journalists (some of them anyway). Its just that they're completely terrible. (and Khalisah is basically Fox News in space so that applies to her too) However the same cannot be said of Jessica Chobot, because like was said under the comic, "standing in front of a screen showing game footage, occasionally interjecting with some guff about how awesome it all is/was/or is going to be".. that isnt journalism
 

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
2,093
0
0
mysecondlife said:
I find her really pretty. But its really her voice work that matters for this game... (bioware's going to fuck up the faces anyways) and although I'm not sure she'll do a good job, its way early for me to judge.
True. I have been trying to avoid any reveals about Mass Effect 3. Mostly because after all the constant character reveals for ME2, I feel it just ruined some of the experience for me. Sadly it is hard to avoid ALL news on ME3 when I insist on frequenting this website... or the internet in general I guess.

So either way I don't mind. If she turns in a solid voice acting performance and her character is more than just simple fan bait (Did anyone actually WANT this to happen?) then I'll be happy.

We had the likes of Seth Green, Martin Sheen, Tricia Helfer, Claudia Black etc.. on board for ME2 and every one of those voice actors were used, imo, to their full potential and made for a really rich and believable world. There's no reason why that wouldn't be the case this time, despite the origins and professions of some of the contributors.

If it weren't for that stupid Liara bishoujo statue they made, Bioware would have 100% of my trust. For now they'll have to settle with about 90%.
 

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
1,891
0
41
You see, what people have to realize is that ALL attractive women (and, arguably, attractive men to a lesser extent) trade on their looks in one way or another. Think about it: is there any real difference in the casting of Chobot on G4 and, say, the female anchors who appear on your local TV station's 7 o clock news? I doubt it.

P.S.: So, we're calling them "Sex Workers" now? It's official. Political correctness has infiltrated every aspect of our culture, for better or for worse.
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
BLIMEY! I totally misunderstood the idea of the submissions! I thought their purpose was to judge the artists, then, those selected would receive a script of sorts to make a strip! My goodness, I hardly think my own passed, considering I just made a stupid pun... Oh well.

Just a question then, considering the possibility of not being selected, and since the characters are not mine, especially Erin, could I use the illustration on my DA site? Not without giving proper credits to the Escapist and you, the creators of it, of course. Just asking.
 

antipunt

New member
Jan 3, 2009
3,035
0
0
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
antipunt said:
Soooooo can you punch her in the face?

Probably not huh?

PS: and what is with this 'disingenuous assertion' bizness
OP: I'd love the option to punch her in the middle of every dialogue exchange. Keep her on her feet.
I'll admit it... I watched her get punched about 5 times before closing the vid
 

mysecondlife

New member
Feb 24, 2011
2,142
0
0
Proverbial Jon said:
mysecondlife said:
I find her really pretty. But its really her voice work that matters for this game... (bioware's going to fuck up the faces anyways) and although I'm not sure she'll do a good job, its way early for me to judge.
True. I have been trying to avoid any reveals about Mass Effect 3. Mostly because after all the constant character reveals for ME2, I feel it just ruined some of the experience for me. Sadly it is hard to avoid ALL news on ME3 when I insist on frequenting this website... or the internet in general I guess.

So either way I don't mind. If she turns in a solid voice acting performance and her character is more than just simple fan bait (Did anyone actually WANT this to happen?) then I'll be happy.

We had the likes of Seth Green, Martin Sheen, Tricia Helfer, Claudia Black etc.. on board for ME2 and every one of those voice actors were used, imo, to their full potential and made for a really rich and believable world. There's no reason why that wouldn't be the case this time, despite the origins and professions of some of the contributors.

If it weren't for that stupid Liara bishoujo statue they made, Bioware would have 100% of my trust. For now they'll have to settle with about 90%.
Tricia Helfer's in it? Wow. They've gone all in on voice actresses.
 

JohnnyDelRay

New member
Jul 29, 2010
1,322
0
0
shadowmagus said:
erttheking said:
I have to agree, I never quite get why people get up in arms every time there's a ME3 update...or any time a game developer decides that they want their female character to actualy be pleasent to look at.
Because it's Bioware, and it's EA, and it's evil, and the downfall of gaming, and they are "hidin' in yo' computerz, snatchin' yo info up", and TINFOIL HAT!
I actually lol'ed at this comment, thank you! Anyway, I think it's just because everybody has their own idea of what "features" need to remain true to the original fan base, and what should be brought on board, and this is a very varied bunch of people who just end up bashing pretty much everything that gets implemented or so much as discussed. But, EA fan or not, you have to admit that some of the ideas are pretty wild and...not recommended.

And EA well, they just represent everything an evil gaming corporation could do today don't they?

Oh and...submissions, yes please!