Massive Mass Effect 3 Patch Coming Soon

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Massive Mass Effect 3 Patch Coming Soon

Mass Effect 3 is about to get its biggest patch ever.

Some big changes are coming to Mass Effect 3. They aren't much to talk about individually, things like increasing the shield damage multiplier of Disruptor Rounds or ensuring that Shepard's shadow displays properly after he exits an Atlas, but put them all together and you end up with a pretty impressive package. A huge number of technical issues will be fixed, numerous gameplay tweaks are being made and a few gameplay exploits have been plugged up as well. A half-dozen platform-specific problems have also been dealt with.

"We'll be patching me3 on Thursday," Producer Mike Gamble wrote on Twitter [https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/252834155732299776]. "It will be our largest patch, and has been in dev. for months. It also sets us up for future... things :)"

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners will be prompted to update their games as normal, while PC players will have to download the patch through Origin prior to firing it up. The patch is expected to be ready to go for Thursday, but BioWare Community Manager Chris Priestly seemed to want to hedge his bet a little, writing that the studio "will update when we have more information." A full list of what's fixed, changed and otherwise mucked about with is up at the BioWare Social Network [http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/14311106/1].

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
There are some pretty significant changes made to some combat powers, for both single- and multiplayer.

...Which would feel more relevant to me if I still played the game.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Has EA heard about this?!

Developers spending time fixing games?

Do they even allow that at EA?

I'm surprised there isn't a price tag, it sounds like more effort has gone into this than most of the DLC EA shoves out the door.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
While there is some changes, it doesn't really seem 'massive.'

Just a lot of fixes.

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
As long as it fixes the weapons in cut scenes problem, there is a perfectly powerful black widow on my back and poof magic avenger or magic predator when I forked out 12 million credits buying the paladin and upgrading it I want to see it in action dammit.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It actually seems about time for another multiplayer update tbh,

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
But have the fixed the bug which prevents Cannibals from executing?

Because I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with dying from having acid vomited over my prone form.

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Most of these fixes seem geared specifically to multiplayer - the infamous cockpit glitch and bugged ladders remain at large. *shrug*

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Too little too late.

This is only to pander those who haven't even played it yet.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Have they fixed the rubber-neck syndrome yet? The ones where characters seem to be forced to look away from each other while in conversation.

It's not in the list but I haven't been playing for a while so maybe they fixed that already.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Aggieknight said:
People still play ME3?
Yeah, turns out some people still like it. I do, but haven't played it in ages, moved on to other games.

One friend on my friends list on XBL is constantly playing it if he's online.

delroland

Sep 10, 2008
Don't care anymore. Obviously this is newsworthy, but unless they fix the ending, I'm not buying any of the DLC or downloading any of the patches.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Mandatory "but does it fix the ending?".

I never noticed that much wrong with the original, but I guess I lucked out.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Who really gives a damn?
I know only ONE person who still plays ME3.

I honestly wonder if Bioware even cares.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
mad825 said:
Too little too late.

This is only to pander those who haven't even played it yet.
Nah, I'm still waiting for the all DLC edition to hit 20 bucks...thank goodness for ME2 being sub par and for the demo indicating this one would be worse...I really liked ME and may have bought this on day one otherwise.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"It will be our largest patch, and has been in dev. for months. It also sets us up for future... things :)"
Ummm, what? What "things" would these be?

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
If its not a patch for the quest system, I couldn't care less, as that's what eventually made me stop playing.

Captcha: create new things.

Indeed! How about some new IP Bioware?