Matt Gaetz accused of sex trafficking a minor, immediately throws Tucker Carlson under bus.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
The thing about ecstasy is that it massively ramps up your pleasure centers, so that any touch is incredibly sensual. It's why, if you ever see anyone at a rave or whatever doing things like blowing Vicks Vapo Rub into each other's faces, it's because of the cool, minty sensation just gets ramped up to 11. And it can become addictive in that when you take it, if you're not ON it, pleasure can be....less pleasurable. Some people can become so used to taking it, that things like sex, without the drug, become basically numb. I'm not sure if it actually physically addictive, and a quick google search seems to suggest the studies are of mixed results, but somewhat leaning towards "eh, not really, or at least not as bad as other drugs like cocaine/etc." But the desire to feel those peaks of pleasure, when your brain centers are overstimulated like crazy, can be very addictive. So, telling a young woman, in her teens (already a horny ball of hormones on any given day), that she can have more of that really fun drug, that makes her feel great, AND makes sex amazing...if she's willing to fuck a dude for money? That's a pretty compelling offer. Money, sex (that will be really good BECAUSE of the drugs), and drugs. 3 of the biggest motivating factors in human history really.
Sure it's compelling but it's below the bar of "you HAVE to do this or you will suffer and have the shakes and be unable to function for the next couple of days" so I'd say that's within the realm of just being responsible enough to refuse doing something you don't really want.

I mean, someone could just be really good at sex and have that be the temptation that he provides women he hits on, are we gonna have compulsion accusations that claim the dude's dick being 12 inches as the cause next? It's really not a logical approach.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Sure it's compelling but it's below the bar of "you HAVE to do this or you will suffer and have the shakes and be unable to function for the next couple of days" so I'd say that's within the realm of just being responsible enough to refuse doing something you don't really want.
I'm just going to say now, you clearly don't understand addiction at all.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I'm just going to say now, you clearly don't understand addiction at all.
I definitely have never been addicted to anything nor have I ever used drugs cause I grew up with the aftereffects of a relative getting down the dark path due to them so I just stayed away to not worry my folks.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I definitely have never been addicted to anything nor have I ever used drugs cause I grew up with the aftereffects of a relative getting down the dark path due to them so I just stayed away to not worry my folks.
Addiction broadly operates through two systems. The first is what would be called "physical addiction" - withdrawal symptoms being common. Chronic drug administration causes changes in body physiology, such that the body attempts to counteract the activity of the drug. This is the same sort of thing that underpins tolerance (a drug becoming less effective). This process means that there is usually the opposite effect of the drug when it is removed. So something like alcohol or diazepam tends to have a depressant effect, so withdrawal tends to result in excessive stimulation - anxiety, tremors, even seizures. Most drugs also create a sense of pleasure or heightened well-being, so obviously withdrawal means the opposite and feeling like shit. Bright side, it only lasts days to weeks until the body redevelops its balance. Although of course drug use can also cause forms of chronic damage as well (e.g. brain damage, cardiovascular problems) which may be unrepairable.

The other pathway is psychological addiction, which can broadly represent two things. The first are alterations to the activity of the "reward" pathway in the brain. This process is effectively very similar to the activity of the brain in memory formation; thus to all intents and purposes people "learn" to want the drug. This is years long to permanent. It is why alcoholics anonymous exists: because all those people are to all intents and purposes addicted forever, and have to learn ways of preventing taking the drug again (relapsing). People are easily set off by stimuli associated with drug taking, stress, etc. This is why tobacco advertising was banned: because constant bombardment with advertising made it much, much harder for people to give up smoking. There is another sort of psychological addiction which is much more complex - for instance why many people drink a lot in the first place, such as that they're unhappy and need to be taken away from it all.

Ecstasy has very little impact in terms of physical withdrawal, although users often experience a period of irritability or low mood about 3-4 days after taking it. It could certainly be psychologically addictive, although in practice would only rarely be because it has an unusual pattern of use compared to many other drugs. It's a "party" drug that people tend to take once a week, and this relatively scarceness of use means the risks of psychological addiction are much lower.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
And statistically, not many teenagers, early 20s ARE responsible enough to refuse doing something they really want, especially when there are multiple benefits on the table.

And I had an older brother who worsened his schizophrenia with drug use, and I still ended up taking them, for years, even WITH an example right in front of me. Because it felt good, and helped me to forget the fucked up shit that was my homelife.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
No a gynecologist, but pretty sure that's not correct, vaginas are supposed to have a scent, and people cleaning theirs excessively because they are suppose to not is apparently a health concern.

But, yeah, IIRC, Gwyneth Paltrow sued a real doctor because they sade that sticking bits of jade up your vagina is harmful and doesn't have any health benefits.

But the really weird thing was the product for steam cleaning vaginas. Which sounds like something of a really tasteless slasher film.
1617564412962.png