Matt Gaetz accused of sex trafficking a minor, immediately throws Tucker Carlson under bus.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Gaetz is also being investigated for traveling across state lines with a 17 year, and paying her to have sex. And seeings how minors can't consent to sex with a dude in his 30s, we use the word rape.

"Justice Department inquiry is also examining whether Mr. Gaetz had sex with a 17-year-old girl and whether she received anything of material value, according to four people familiar with the investigation. The sex trafficking count against Mr. Greenberg involved the same girl, according to two people briefed on the investigation."
Gaetz is being investigated for those things because his associate is being charged with those things. Have you noticed that the news articles started out almost entirely about raping a 17-year-old, but now it's become a side note in most stories, like the one you quoted? That's because there's immediate evidence of the lesser wrong-doings, and not immediate evidence for that one. You're upset that the news, in this instance, has decided to focus their reporting on the things they have found material to support, and not on the allegation they have no evidence of.
I saw that incident an abuse of power and fruad
I was thinking of the non-existent Russian pee-tape story. Which in 2016 was "there could be a video of Donald Trump doing immoral but perfectly legal things, and if Putin has that he's probably blackmailing Trump, so he's unfit to be president."

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Gaetz is being investigated for those things because his associate is being charged with those things. Have you noticed that the news articles started out almost entirely about raping a 17-year-old, but now it's become a side note in most stories, like the one you quoted? That's because there's immediate evidence of the lesser wrong-doings, and not immediate evidence for that one. You're upset that the news, in this instance, has decided to focus their reporting on the things they have found material to support, and not on the allegation they have no evidence of.
That's...nonsense bordering on bullshit. I complained about one news segment talking about irrelevant stuff, the real news is still talking about child sex trafficking charges, and rape, and every day the investigation becomes clearer and more damning. Its kinda hard to miss it, unless you're watching Fox or OAN. Just yesterday evidence came out of security footage of Gaetz and Greenberg going through discarded drivers licenses in preparation to sexually traffic children, and one of the children in question said she had sex(was raped) by Greenberg, Gaetz, and 2 other men.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Now, I have never taken extacy, but is it the sort of drug you get addicted to like cocaine or something? Is it the sort of thing you need your fix of? I always thought it was a party/sex drug that you take during special occasions and not something you become a junkie for and need your regular dose to function. So if that understanding is correct, the new accusations of him somehow coercing those e-hookers through providing drugs to have sex with him makes no sense. It's the same as providing them with wine or something. Hell actually more benign cause they may be alcoholic hookers.

Also do we even know where he allegedly even had sex with the 17 year old, cause it may actually be legal there.

Also this whole situation has done a terrible job of delineating whether the "extortion" is about someone finding out that this investigation is ongoing and extorting him to make it go away, or someone actually starting the investigation TO extort him. The nuance here is all the difference cause if it's the former then his goose is cooked.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Also do we even know where he allegedly even had sex with the 17 year old, cause it may actually be legal there.
The investigation is looking if they traveled over state lines with these women, and had sex with them in hotels. That adds a whole new can of worms to any charges. So part of it matters which state they reportedly had sex, and which state they arranged to meet with the girls, met with them, and then went elsewhere.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Now, I have never taken extacy, but is it the sort of drug you get addicted to like cocaine or something?
Not really. There's always a possibility some people can develop a psychological craving.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Now, I have never taken extacy, but is it the sort of drug you get addicted to like cocaine or something? Is it the sort of thing you need your fix of? I always thought it was a party/sex drug that you take during special occasions and not something you become a junkie for and need your regular dose to function. So if that understanding is correct, the new accusations of him somehow coercing those e-hookers through providing drugs to have sex with him makes no sense. It's the same as providing them with wine or something. Hell actually more benign cause they may be alcoholic hookers.
You can get addicted to basically anything that feels good, but no extacy is not specifically habit forming and addictive the way that something like crack or meth are.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Incidentally, it's spelt ecstasy.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Not really. There's always a possibility some people can develop a psychological craving.
Right so my understanding was correct. I think just because it's "a drug" they are trying to use this rhetoric of him providing the drug being an act of feeding their habit that is equivalent to compulsion in a sexual crime sort of nuance. Totally doesn't make sense.

The investigation is looking if they traveled over state lines with these women, and had sex with them in hotels. That adds a whole new can of worms to any charges. So part of it matters which state they reportedly had sex, and which state they arranged to meet with the girls, met with them, and then went elsewhere.

Huh...so like, if you arrange travel from a state where the age of consent is 18 to one where it's 17 but have sex in the one where it's 17 it's still illegal to travel for sex from that other state still or something along those lines? Yeah it's a mess for sure lol.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Just yesterday evidence came out of security footage of Gaetz and Greenberg going through discarded drivers licenses in preparation to sexually traffic children, and one of the children in question said she had sex(was raped) by Greenberg, Gaetz, and 2 other men.
You mean Greenberg did that. Greenberg was caught on camera going through licenses, Greenberg was making fake IDs, and the reason to believe Gaetz was involved in those things is because Greenberg name dropped Gaetz whenever he was asked what he was doing. I'm not saying Gaetz didn't do it, nor am I saying the investigation isn't totally justified, but Greenberg being caught doing these things doesn't make Gaetz guilty.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I was thinking of the non-existent Russian pee-tape story. Which in 2016 was "there could be a video of Donald Trump doing immoral but perfectly legal things, and if Putin has that he's probably blackmailing Trump, so he's unfit to be president."
The one where they tried to buy a story to keep it underwraps using campaign money?
Yes, that one. It was a whole bunch of stupid

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You mean Greenberg did that. Greenberg was caught on camera going through licenses, Greenberg was making fake IDs, and the reason to believe Gaetz was involved in those things is because Greenberg name dropped Gaetz whenever he was asked what he was doing. I'm not saying Gaetz didn't do it, nor am I saying the investigation isn't totally justified, but Greenberg being caught doing these things doesn't make Gaetz guilty.
Um no, the evidence shows both of them going through discarded IDs. They were both caught on camera doing it.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Um no, the evidence shows both of them going through discarded IDs. They were both caught on camera doing it.

"According to three people with direct knowledge of the incident: Greenberg visited the Lake Mary, Florida branch of his tax collection agency that weekend. Grainy surveillance footage captured Greenberg standing near a manager’s desk with another man. Greenberg forgot to set the alarm on the way out, which concerned the assistant branch manager when she walked into the office Monday morning. That employee was surprised to find that drivers' licenses—which are normally turned in when expired at the tax office for shredding—were scattered all over the desk instead of in the appropriate disposal basket. She reviewed the camera footage and alerted her boss, who in turn contacted Greenberg via text.

“Did you happen to visit the Lake Mary Office on the weekend?” the text message read.

The image obtained by The Daily Beast shows that Greenberg allegedly responded, “Yes I was showing congressman Gaetz what our operation looked like. Did I leave something on?”

So Greenberg was caught on camera, on footage where they couldn't identify the people and had to ask Greenberg if it was him, and only Greenberg saying so ties Gaetz to the incident.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

"CNN reported overnight that an employee at the tax collector’s office once saw Greenberg and Gaetz on an internal surveillance video, looking through driver licenses on a weekend evening.

The Daily Beast and The Orlando Sentinel, meanwhile, reported that surveillance camera footage showed Greenberg and another man in the Lake Mary branch of the tax collector’s office at night.

An employee at that office reportedly arrived on Monday morning to find driver licenses scattered on the desk, instead of in a disposal basket. She told her boss, who asked Greenberg what had happened in a text message. The text, which the Daily Beast said was dated April 16, 2018, was shared with federal investigators last January, the outlets reported."

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
"CNN reported overnight that an employee at the tax collector’s office once saw Greenberg and Gaetz on an internal surveillance video, looking through driver licenses on a weekend evening.

The Daily Beast and The Orlando Sentinel, meanwhile, reported that surveillance camera footage showed Greenberg and another man in the Lake Mary branch of the tax collector’s office at night.

An employee at that office reportedly arrived on Monday morning to find driver licenses scattered on the desk, instead of in a disposal basket. She told her boss, who asked Greenberg what had happened in a text message. The text, which the Daily Beast said was dated April 16, 2018, was shared with federal investigators last January, the outlets reported."
So, it was reported as both:
a) An employee saw Greenberg and Gaetz on camera.
and
b) An employee saw two men on camera, which Greenfeld then said was himself and Gaetz when asked.
and you're actively choosing to go with the less detailed version?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So, it was reported as both:
a) An employee saw Greenberg and Gaetz on camera.
and
b) An employee saw two men on camera, which Greenfeld then said was himself and Gaetz when asked.
and you're actively choosing to go with the less detailed version?
I'm going with the one that's gotten the most reporting. Most outlets are reporting Gaetz is on camera.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Right so my understanding was correct. I think just because it's "a drug" they are trying to use this rhetoric of him providing the drug being an act of feeding their habit that is equivalent to compulsion in a sexual crime sort of nuance. Totally doesn't make sense.
The thing about ecstasy is that it massively ramps up your pleasure centers, so that any touch is incredibly sensual. It's why, if you ever see anyone at a rave or whatever doing things like blowing Vicks Vapo Rub into each other's faces, it's because of the cool, minty sensation just gets ramped up to 11. And it can become addictive in that when you take it, if you're not ON it, pleasure can be....less pleasurable. Some people can become so used to taking it, that things like sex, without the drug, become basically numb. I'm not sure if it actually physically addictive, and a quick google search seems to suggest the studies are of mixed results, but somewhat leaning towards "eh, not really, or at least not as bad as other drugs like cocaine/etc." But the desire to feel those peaks of pleasure, when your brain centers are overstimulated like crazy, can be very addictive. So, telling a young woman, in her teens (already a horny ball of hormones on any given day), that she can have more of that really fun drug, that makes her feel great, AND makes sex amazing...if she's willing to fuck a dude for money? That's a pretty compelling offer. Money, sex (that will be really good BECAUSE of the drugs), and drugs. 3 of the biggest motivating factors in human history really.