Maybe I'm old but....What the F.....Fortnite

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

What the hell is this? Fortnite is a shooty shooty bang bang game right? Why are there Street Fighter characters in the game now?

Has Fortnite just become a promotional tool now? From movie trailers, to concerts, to...Capcom characters?

Oh also people on twitter are complaining about Chun-li's ass being.....too much of an ass I guess. The more things change the more they stay the same I suppose.

What time is that state of play? I'm so bored today!

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Isn't fortnite more about dancing than shooting? I guess Ryu doing his kata counts as a dance.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ugh, why?

Its so annoying that the worst BR game is the most popular. I mean granted I haven't played it but the building mechanic seems so annoying. I know its not fun to watch on twitch like other BR games are.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
These crossover used to be at least interesting, but when they started to bring in figures from rated R movies, I can't help but to feel offended.

I mean ffs, both Terminator and Predator are merciless killers, and I still love the respective movies they were in, but when they are watered down to the level where kids can play as them, I am geniunely pissed off to see how mistrreated they are.

Predator: Hunting Grounds, as bad as the game was, at least tried to capture the terrifying hunters from the outer world.

You know what's really sad? Someday, the younger generation will think these figures came from fortnite, and won't even know the great movies they originated from

Last edited:

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Epic buys license, Epic milks license. BUT HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT ASS. Though I think turning kids into ass-worshippers isn't very responsible of Epic. Butt-implants/fat transfers are often on the risky side and won't fix an ugly face.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I think this is kinda like what Lego did with all those franchise lego games, only on a more massive scale.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Epic buys license, Epic milks license. BUT HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT ASS. Though I think turning kids into ass-worshippers isn't very responsible of Epic. Butt-implants/fat transfers are often on the risky side and won't fix an ugly face.
Ryu has quite the ass on him too, so at least it's a fair display of cheeks on both sides.

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
Now we'll have to worry about a generation of ass worshippers in addition to all the violence that videogames cause.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
What the hell is this? Fortnite is a shooty shooty bang bang game right? Why are there Street Fighter characters in the game now?

Has Fortnite just become a promotional tool now? From movie trailers, to concerts, to...Capcom characters?
Yes.

Fortnite has been doing cross-promotions for years.

Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Halo, John Wick, Borderlands. Whatever. Its all there.

The game also added Batman a while back. Nothing will be more jarring than watching Batman running around with an Assault rifle, killing a dude, and then doing the floss.

If you come to Fortnite for characters acting in a lore-appropriate ways, you aren't going to find it here.

But seriously, I literally have a packet of Call of Duty sponsored Mac and Cheese in my cupboard. This is the boring distopia that we live in. Everything is fair game at this point.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean ffs, both Terminator and Predator are merciless killers, and I still love the respective movies they were in, but when they are watered down to the level where kids can play as them, I am genuinely pissed off to see how mistreated they are.
I let you all in on a secret. As a kid around 5, I already knew Alien and Terminator existed, but I did not know about the Predator franchise until Alien vs. Predator (Capcom). It was around mid 1995 at an arcade with a huge roller rink. Imagine my surprise when I find out these hunter humanoid alien were already movies when they aired on Cinemax a few weeks later. Big mistake watching them, had nightmares for a couple of days, but it happened.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Eh, Monster Hunter said hold my beer on that idea like 4 years ago or something now. Not only can you get the Ryu/Ken/Chun Li/Dante/Megaman skins, but the quests act like the characters showed up in the actual lore (whereas Fortnite afaik has no lore around the BR segment (and the original game was basically chucked into maintenance mode at this point)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Eh, Monster Hunter said hold my beer on that idea like 4 years ago or something now. Not only can you get the Ryu/Ken/Chun Li/Dante/Megaman skins, but the quests act like the characters showed up in the actual lore (whereas Fortnite afaik has no lore around the BR segment (and the original game was basically chucked into maintenance mode at this point)

You mean these right heeeerrreeee?

Reactions: sXeth

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
AAAAANNNNDDDD ANOTHER dark franchise is joining Fortnite

I wonder what's next? Saw franchise? Friday the 13th? Halloween (the with the serial killer)?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I wonder what's next? Saw franchise? Friday the 13th? Halloween (the with the serial killer)?
Who cares? Just ignore it and move on. I don't care about Fortnite, but I am not going to let every single "crossover" irk me or rule my life. Got bigger and better things to worry about. Never bought anything from Epic since Gears of War 1, and they ain't taking any of my money now.

I would not be surprised if they brought any of the other horror franchises in to the mix. Anything is possible at this point.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
At this point the fortnite battlelines are drawn, and we've all agreed to a ceasefire. Let them do their dances and have little player skins from various IPs that Epic rents. You either play it and want more, or don't and don't care. There is no middle ground on fortnite.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Aliens toy commercial, 1992

Terminator 2 toy commercial, 1991

Robocop toy commercial ,1988

Your complaint is three decades or more out of date. My gripe about that Ripley skin? She doesn't have the right fuckin' gun.