Mayor Flattens Illegal Parking With A Tank

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I thought it was expected that if you park in bike lanes, the bike riders etch creative designs in your car with their keys

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
That's a BTR-60PB not a tank. You can mistake a BMP for a tank but this thing has wheels!

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
Not sure if I should be amazed or terrified I do know I would not vote for him if he got my car.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Even if it is staged for an ad campaign, you know the dude who owned that car would have the hardest time explaining it to the insurance company.

"Yeah, my car was just destroyed by a tank. I think the mayor was driving it!"

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Saltyk said:
I'm torn here.

On the one hand, that is awesome. And I'd say running over cars in a tank is something that I would love to do. It just looks fun. And these people are breaking the law. So...

On the other hand, I'd be pissed if the city crushed my car because I was parked illegally. And honestly, it seems far out of proportion to the actual "crime". It's like using a flame thrower to trim your hedges.

Gotta be staged, though. No one would calmly accept their car being crushed like that.
It is staged.

But I disagree with the proportion being out of whack.

If more cars got crushed in California I think we'd finally see some sensible drivers.

If only because they'd be the only ones left with cars ;D.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
I have to say that if this were real, mayor tank here would be brutally murdered and strung up on a light pole, especially in that area of the world, European bad guys don't fuck around especially Russian bad guys

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Just more proof that cyclists don't care about anyone but themselves. Maybe I'd be a little more sympathetic if they actually used the bike lanes.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Fitting. The car drivers think they can bully out the cyclists with larger vehicles? Let's see how they like it.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
SgtFoley said:
Saltyk said:
Gotta be staged, though. No one would calmly accept their car being crushed like that.
Got to agree with you here. I feel that despite the guy being parked illegally running over the car with a tank would break far far to many laws for it to be real.
I was also thinking that I wouldn't care if you were the President, if you crushed my car with a tank for any reason, I'd be punching you in your face. I'd be unhappy to say the least.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
He should meet the mayor of Toronto. He would stop the war on cars.
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/899641--the-war-on-the-car-is-over-ford
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20101201/ford-scrap-transit-city-101201/
http://www.sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100908/toronto-mayoral-race-transit-ford-100908/20100909/Law%20&%20Order:%20Los%20Angeles

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
I think that is an Armored personal carrier not a tank. Same concept less gun.

Edit: Yeah APC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_personnel_carrier too lazy to find them model.
Exactly. That's what I was going to say

Anyway, that's pretty awesome. Now... if he actually used a tank...

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
CM156 said:
Wow.

I think this rings true: "Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin"

It's funny if nothing else.

EDIT: I guess we should tank them for this funny video.
Your punishment would probably have the same effect on the drivers.

CAMDAWG

Jul 27, 2011
internetzealot1 said:
Maybe I'd be a little more sympathetic if they actually used the bike lanes.
Most do. The ones that don't are the much better cyclists who a). will be hugely slowed down by slower cyclists, and due to lack of room, can't overtake, and b). don't want to get a car door opened in their face because of a motorist not caring to look out for anything once they're parked

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
Funny but stupid. Because the mayor has to pay the car owner using the tax money of the public.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Why is it that Europe has bad-ass motherfuckers like this and the USA has a bunch of corrupted morons who are only interested in helping the rich get richer?

We need crazy people like this!

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Now we need him as president, that way, we could just CRUSH our debt bill, whos with me?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Warachia said:
CM156 said:
Wow.

I think this rings true: "Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin"

It's funny if nothing else.

EDIT: I guess we should tank them for this funny video.
Your punishment would probably have the same effect on the drivers.
Ever since HankMan jumped a suspension and got banned, we need someone else to be punny

I bet the driver was just crushed

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
whats even more amazing is that it happened in my country for once!
i think he used APC and not a tank because oru country doesnt have Tanks though....
and the car problem here is awful. people park whereever they want and NOONE cares. police parks illegally too. pretty much the ONLY driving law police holds up is speeding. else - do whatever you want.