Mayor Flattens Illegal Parking With A Tank

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
...I hate to be anal...But that appears to be a LAV. LAV's have wheels,instead of tracks. But still,I wholeheartedly agree with that method of deterrent. I broke my arm because of some idiot parking in the bike lane around a blind corner. It was a white Jeep Cherokee.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
This will backfire since the city will be sued like crazy from people having their property destroyed like this.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Could not the mayor and the fucking APC not be better used doing something else?

I mean sure it's funny, but tax payers paid for the fuel and time used to pull off this little stunt.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I know this has been said but I'll say it again.
NOT. A. TANK.

A tank would have been probably 3-4 times more bad-ass. At least. Oh and the fact that he's European takes all the fun out of it. So... Yeah.

EDIT: Worst stunt ever. Took an awesome idea and shat on it. I officially don't like this guy.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Hehe would vote on that guy, but I think it's staged (doesn't have to) but the if you look at the license plate I think it's Swedish (the show is also Swedish...) and I know it might be just a coincidence but I kinda doubt that if nothing else the guy is kinda under-reacting....

Lithuanian plates is AB 1234, Swedish ABC 123..... and the plate clearly says BGN 111...

Ps checked it it supposed to be a Hyundai Santa Fe (but it might have gotten the plate after the trashing of this car...)

Still would vote for this guy (and yea it's not a tank unless the word has a new meaning)

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
I think that is an Armored personal carrier not a tank. Same concept less gun.

Edit: Yeah APC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_personnel_carrier too lazy to find them model.
JB1528 said:
Awesome....but that's not a tank. It's an APC, kind of looks like a BRDM-3.
BTR-60 actually =3.

You can tell by the turret shape, as well as the font part. It's distinguishable from the BTR-70 and BTR-80.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a BDRM-3 APC? I know of the BDRM-2, but I can't recall there ever being a 3. Please correct me if I'm wrong ^^. Or was possibly the BRDM-3 a BDRM-2 with the rocket-launcher fitted?

*Ahem*.... The vehicle in the vid though is a BTR-60... Bet my lunch money on it.

JUMBO PALACE said:
Could not the mayor and the fucking APC not be better used doing something else?

I mean sure it's funny, but tax payers paid for the fuel and time used to pull off this little stunt.

If my mayor did that in any form of armored vehicle I'd GLADLY pay my share to behold it XD!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
He has my vote.
How is it that a former Soviet satellite State gets this guy, but New York, the greatest place on earth gets the only fascist dictator who can't get his trains to run on time?

JB1528

Mar 17, 2009
Vampire cat said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
I think that is an Armored personal carrier not a tank. Same concept less gun.

Edit: Yeah APC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_personnel_carrier too lazy to find them model.
JB1528 said:
Awesome....but that's not a tank. It's an APC, kind of looks like a BRDM-3.
BTR-60 actually =3.

You can tell by the turret shape, as well as the font part. It's distinguishable from the BTR-70 and BTR-80.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a BDRM-3 APC? I know of the BDRM-2, but I can't recall there ever being a 3. Please correct me if I'm wrong ^^. Or was possibly the BRDM-3 a BDRM-2 with the rocket-launcher fitted?

*Ahem*.... The vehicle in the vid though is a BTR-60... Bet my lunch money on it.

JUMBO PALACE said:

If my mayor did that in any form of armored vehicle I'd GLADLY pay my share to behold it XD!
Okay I won't argue if it's a BTR or not, but the BRDM-3 does exist

http://www.military-today.com/apc/brdm3.htm

Spartanmk1

Feb 14, 2011
It's a BTR-70, and like most Russian APC's it's a piece of shit.

Still, pretty cool, would of been all the more better if he'd actually used a real tank... I'm thinking T-72.

Jan 29, 2009
Akichi Daikashima said:
Singularly Datarific said:
Old Soviet Satellite States get all the fun. Why can't we have old military equipment in my town!?
Polyintrinsic said:
In Soviet Russia.... damnit i know there is a joke in there somewhere.

In Soviet Russia......... shit.

In Soviet Russia Tank Drive.......... damn, mom was wrong about me being clever.
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Centuries of taking on Poland, Prussia/Germany, The Russian Empire, The USSR, and the Nazis will result in a bad-ass way to solve any problem.
No offence, but guys, I'm a little offended.
I am lithuanian, I'm not from the ussr, they invaded my country, took our freedom, and in the end, we had to fight for it.
The Nazis had set up dozens of concentration camps in my country, which had made a very big scar in our history.
Please don't call it part of the ussr or a nazi base.

OT: Arturas zuokas yra gana tupas, jis yra kaip lietuviskas boris johnson.
What annoys me is that he done this during a recession.
He's like mayor west!
I'm sorry to hear that, I guess it was a little shortsighted of us, there. Not many of us actually come from Lithuania (also, the most they teach us about it was that is was part of the USSR at one point, nothing else), so we wouldn't know the history quite so well.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
For 1: Cyclists don't pay road tax. Maybe this is unique to Britain, but cyclists don't pay road tax like all other road-using vehicles, yet they are still allowed to use the roads. So in other words, using the road without road tax is considered illegal, except for this one tiny class of people who are allowed to for some reason. Simple, but there it is, cyclists should pay road tax in Britain before they are allowed to go out.

For 2: Cyclists don't have to take a test to go out on the roads. Cyclists don't have to prove they've learned the rules of the road. Cyclists don't have to show someone that they are competent on their bikes, they just have to own a bike. That is the requirement for going out on the roads. I repeat the above, all other forms of transportation need to prove they have a degree of competence with their vehicle, cyclists do not, which means that you have bad drivers on the road, plain and simple. Cyclists should be required to have a licence.

For 3: Even if they fulfilled all the above requirements, I'd still come rocketing back to my main point, Cyclists are a hazard to other drivers, and also to pedestrians. They often don't have cycle lanes to go in, but they simply cycle on the side of the road, meaning that people have to go around them, however, I have yet to see a cyclist whow as genuinely as far over as he should have been, occupying a more 'middilng' road position, but still going barely ten miles an hour if they're going fast. If I drove my car or motorbike at ten miles per hour down any road, I would be stopped and rightfully so for being a hazard. It forces drivers to go around them, and unless you're on a dual carriageway then that means that in order to pass a cyclist you have to pull out into the oncoming lane, which is really fucking dangerous.
1. Well, duh. Road tax is there so when the road gets broken it can be fixed. Excuse me if I'm being ridiculous, but I think that the damage done to the road by a bicycle is negligible to the point of non-existence compared to the damage done by hundreds of two-tonne hunks of metal rolling over it everyday.

2. Two is a genuine point, but I like to think that most cyclists are at least AWARE of their surroundings (due to being protected by nothing other than a small foam hat rather than aforementioned two-tonne metal cage with the most advanced safety features man has invented) which is more than I can say for some drivers. Also, there are probably about the same number of drivers on the road that don't know the rules of the road than cyclists.

3. Are you seriously trying to suggest that cyclists are a bigger danger to pedestrians and drivers than other drivers are. If so, then I think you're severely mistaken.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
To clarify: when I originally read about this on the BBC website, it said that the good mayor specially bought a BMW for this cool stunt with the APC. The BMW was flattened by the APC. Also, it's really only the rich people there who park illegally, so if the mayor goes on a spree, the owners can buy new cars.