McDonald's incident

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
For your viewing pleasure.

<youtube=9tFvPKHABgk>

Where I found this: http://thedailywh.at/2011/10/15/fast-food-fracas-of-the-day-2/
If you're thinking "pffft, I don't need your stinkin' link!" here is what TDW has to say about the event:
<quote=thedailywh.at>A McDonald's cashier with a history of violence was charged with two counts of felony assault after bashing in the head of a customer with a metal rod.

The entire disturbing incident was caught on camera, and posted to YouTube.

31-year-old Rayon McIntosh was arguing with two female customers over the authenticity of a $50 bill they paid with, when one of women slapped him. She then proceeded to walk behind the register while the other customer jumped over the counter.

McIntosh can then be seen walking into the food-preparation area, emerging with a metal rod which he uses to severely beat the women. Co-workers attempted to intervene, but to no avail.

McIntosh, who spent several years in prison for killing a high school classmate, was arrested and is currently being held on $40,000 bail. The two women were both charged with menacing, disorderly conduct and trespassing.

The owner of the Greenwich Village McDonald's where the assault took place released a statement saying McIntosh was no longer with the company.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: TDW has followed up on the incident, but have not really said anything besides link to the news page regarding the incident: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/10/17/2011-10-17_woman_beat_with_pipe_by_mcdonalds_cashier_faces_permanent_brain_damage_mother_cl.html.
Please do not discus this second article in this thread, please go to <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.318507-McDonalds-Incident-follow-up>this thread to talk about it.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Most comments on the TDW site say "bitches deserved it" which I have to agree with.
You don't poke an angry bear and then chase it into a corner.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Yep, they deserved it. If the cashier is arguing with you over something like that, you leave. Now, maybe beating them with a rod is overkill, but they still deserved it.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
I'm surprised the worker got in more trouble than the girls. THEY initiated the incident, and while the worker may have been a tad overzealous with a metal bar, they did chase him behind the counter.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
***** definitely deserved the first hit or two, but the guy keeps at it obviously a bit more than is is necessary. But hey, I wasn't the one slapped and having asshole customers coming over the counter at me, can't say for certain I'd have done differently.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
They deserved to be beaten with a metal rod? That's too much for me to believe they deserved it. Honestly, that's a whole lot of violence to have "deserved it" in my book.
Then again, almost any amount of violence is too much for me so...

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
FreakSheet said:
I'm surprised the worker got in more trouble than the girls. THEY initiated the incident, and while the worker may have been a tad overzealous with a metal bar, they did chase him behind the counter.
American justice system aside, he DID beat them with a metal rod, while they just slapped him and were being dicks.
I am by no means defending the girls, but it seems he got what was expected.
I just hope the girls get punished severely for inciting the incident.

Aiden Raine

Oct 3, 2011
Radoh said:
They deserved to be beaten with a metal rod? That's too much for me to believe they deserved it. Honestly, that's a whole lot of violence to have "deserved it" in my book.
so... someone smacks you with their purse as you walk away, jumps over a counter in order to continue beating you and you wouldn't do anything to retaliate what so ever?

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
Thats a serious over use of force. Still, id say if you mess with someone like that, then youre asking for trouble.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Radoh said:
lol, this is even more appropriate given your Fluttershy avatar xD

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
That lady yelling could have used a few smacks for good measure.

Guy was probs trying to turn his life around with the McJob, and now he is back off to prison.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Aiden Raine said:
Radoh said:
so... someone smacks you with their purse as you walk away, jumps over a counter in order to continue beating you and you wouldn't do anything to retaliate what so ever?
I'm glad you've decided to go for my comment and insinuate I'd have done nothing about it, and try to assert that the best course of action would be to beat two people senseless with a metal rod.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
I'm gonna agree with the consensus here - beating someone with a metal rod is kind of overkill, but by that same card, the woman who slapped him is hardly in a position to complain. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Both are in the wrong, but the customers had it coming. If he only used his fists to get them to back off i would side with him, but he went over the line with the metal and the hitting while they were down.

If he won't take your money either get out another bill or leave, jump over the counter and scream at the employee? That is stupid for many reasons.

1. It is a shitty job I have little to no tolerance for morons
2. I take that plus the fact that a yelling customer puts worker on edge
3. Hit the employee or give them a reason to have to defend themself.

What do you get? Violence!

Sorry, but you don't get to cry because you lost the fight you started.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Torrasque said:
Radoh said:
lol, this is even more appropriate given your Fluttershy avatar xD
Are you trying to say that Fluttershy wouldn't, as they say, "smack a hoe"?

Oct 30, 2010
It seems like the employees sort of gave up trying to control him, for whatever reason.

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
As soon as the guy hit the person who jumped over the counter when they were down on the ground - the worker was in the wrong.

At least in my state - Someone comes at me I will drop them like a bad habit. With a bat - gun or what ever. If I do anything to the person once they are down - I would be in the wrong. At least in my state.

For any carry permit holders out there - if you pull your piece and you fire when someone was on the ground - you are a criminal at that point. Guy in Oklahoma just got locked up for finishing off a guy trying to hold him up.

You can use deadly force if there is a threat. Not after the threat has passed.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Radoh said:
I'm glad you've decided to go for my comment and insinuate I'd have done nothing about it, and try to assert that the best course of action would be to beat two people senseless with a metal rod.
Doing "nothing" and "beating them with a metal rod" are clearly the only options! It's not like he could've called a manager before the altercation got physical.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
4173 said:
It seems like the employees sort of gave up trying to control him, for whatever reason.
Because he was angry and was swinging around a metal rod with intent to cause injury. Seems to be a logical choice given the circumstance.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Christ, what a horrendously stupid incident.
Lock 'em all up and throw away the key. At the very least it'll take those three idiots out of the breeding equation for a few years and possibly contribute to a slightly more intelligent society down the line.

Funny how stuff like that doesn't happen here. Makes you think there's something in the water over there. -.-