Mechwarrior Online Drops

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I just got Mechwarrior 4 Mercs running the other day, it would be good if they have gone with a proper remake and not some dumb retake.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
toothofymir said:
As delighted I am to see MechWarrior finally returning, I would rather see MechWarrior 5.

Then again, as long as I can pilot a Timberwolf, they've got me sold.
Nope, Timberwolf is a Clan mech. This new game takes place before the clan invasions.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
...fine!

I'll play it. It is free...

I loved Mechassault 2, and I think I have Mechwarrior 4 somewhere.

Avernus

Jun 10, 2009
Shame that we won't have the clan mechs, Ghost Bear rocked my socks back in the day. Timberwolf, nothing more need be said. :)

Very excited to see this news.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Well, I loved MW2 and MW4: Mercs so this is an instant register for me. I hope there's a third person option though. I could never play 4 in the cockpit.

EDIT: It seems it's cockpit only, but with some major improvements, so I should be good.

toothofymir

May 6, 2009
KWHAAAA?!!!!

How can you not have a Timberwolf in a MechWarrior game? It's practically the franchise symbol!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
The PC-exclusive Mechwarrior Online isn't due to launch until sometime in the second half of 2012 but gamers who want to get a head start on things can find out more about the game and even reserve pilot names right now at mwomercs.com [http://www.mwomercs.com].
Hell yeah, just snagged the username "Stormcrow."

I feel like I am going to disgrace the name terribly, but that's perfectly fine.

*goes on a wild nostalgia-fueled adventure*

REDSLATE

Oct 11, 2011
Zer_ said:
toothofymir said:
As delighted I am to see MechWarrior finally returning, I would rather see MechWarrior 5.

Then again, as long as I can pilot a Timberwolf, they've got me sold.
Nope, Timberwolf is a Clan mech. This new game takes place before the clan invasions.
Pretty sure we'll see the Clans... Just not immediately.

"Q. What year is MechWarrior® Online? taking place?

A. MechWarrior® Online? is running an offset timeline of the BattleTech® Universe. As of this writing it is 2011 and the year is 3048 within the game. In 2012, when the game is launched, it will be 3049"

There are still plenty of cool Inner Sphere 'Mechs though. I'll probably rock the "Catty," maybe a Marauder, 'til then.

Prepare to Hot-Drop...

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Solaris VII, Here I come.

Though please, please please don't make it possible to go bankrupt.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes !!!!!!!!!!!

ahem, as a fan of the mechwarrior 2, 4 and mercs abandon-ware i shall be buying everything in the f2p store to support the development of more mechwarrior games

i was legitimately awesome at this game, it was my favourite thing ever i even went and bought a top quality gaming flight-stick for the old mercs games

i've already reserved my pilot name, so see you in Solaris where you can eat my LRGERGauss dust

ah, chain-gun rock.. how i miss thee in shooters.

awesome will probably be well.. awesome in this game.. atlas always had really smeggy hard-points and 0 speed :(

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Major Tom said:
Did it explode? I can remember kitting out one particular mech with 4 or so PPCs in Mech2.
What Did PPC even stand for? I always called it the "Pyro Pixel Cannon," and everyone I knew who played MW2/Mercs had silly nicknames for it like "Puzzled Penguin Chute" or "Pumpkin Pie Cannon."

Did everyone do that, or are my IRL friends just weird?

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Erana said:
Major Tom said:
Did it explode? I can remember kitting out one particular mech with 4 or so PPCs in Mech2.
What Did PPC even stand for? I always called it the "Pyro Pixel Cannon," and everyone I knew who played MW2/Mercs had silly nicknames for it like "Puzzled Penguin Chute" or "Pumpkin Pie Cannon."

Did everyone do that, or are my IRL friends just weird?
yes, wierd.

it's a particle projection cannon

or a pulsing pixie cannon, by your rules.

#edit#
Bad navi! get back here!

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I just hope some sort of single player emerges.

I needs me some MechWarrior in my life.