Mechwarrior Reboot Still Rebooting

Jaegerwolf

Sep 29, 2010
We'll we're set in the 3rd Succession War, so Clans are a LONG way off so you can forget those Mechs. However since at this point we're well into the "salvage whatever you can" stage of the Inner Sphere I'm imagining some interesting customization options. Also looks like it will be more simulator based, but probably around where MWIV was and not so much as III.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Ambient Temperature - 45.60 degrees
Local Time Is - 19:34:23 GSE
All Systems Nominal

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
So ... goodbye to lame shit like Urbanmechs? Good riddance.

Although, classic battletech did include a bunch of silly mechs.
Personally, I want to pilot a Charger.
"What the hell is an 80 ton high speed scout mech doing armed with only 5 small lasers? Oh right. This stupid thing is supposed to use its XL engine to punch you with its fists."

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
I have very fond memories of playing MechWarrior 2 back in the day. I hope this reboot progesses along smoothly.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Not terribly reassuring on the marketing front, but it's good to know that at least one of the original FASA crew still cares about his stuff.

Between Battletech (well, mostly Mechwarrior for me) and Shadowrun, I owe a great deal of early fandom to them. Sad that they had to cave to WizKids and Microsoft, who has conveniently buried the Shadowrun license for all eternity.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
As long as it isn't like MechAssault I'm interested. Hopefully they'll include more mechs this time 'round. Give me Commandos, Banshees, Archers, Marauders, Centurions, Cyclops, Jagermechs, Hunchbacks, etc.
Danceofmasks said:
So ... goodbye to lame shit like Urbanmechs? Good riddance.

Although, classic battletech did include a bunch of silly mechs.
Personally, I want to pilot a Charger.
"What the hell is an 80 ton high speed scout mech doing armed with only 5 small lasers? Oh right. This stupid thing is supposed to use its XL engine to punch you with its fists."
I hated the Urbanmech so much. I can only imagine that the MechWarriors who pilot those had to have pissed off someone high up to get that walking trashcan.

edit: Also would be nice if every Mech didn't go critical when they get downed.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
This is awesome new!! I so can't wait for a proper Mech game. Mech 3 was my favorite of the series; I have so many nostalgia-waxed memories.

Hopefully they won't screw this up.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, yes, yes, so glad there won't be those annoying clanners, Inner Sphere rules!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Oh man. I thought this was dead. My buddy asks about it every time he goes into Gamestop. He should be happy about this news.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Can not fucking wait to pilot a sexy Dire Wolf.

Wait, there aren't any Clan 'mechs? Dammit. Hopefully they'll have more 'mechs outside of the campaign.

SODAssault said:
The real question is, how many heavy gauss rifles are they going to let me cram in a Daishi?
That's what I wanted, sadly we're pre-Clan Invasion.

Mykin

Oct 16, 2008
As long as I get to pilot a Foxkit (Uller) around and blow stuff up, then I'm game.

Bucketface

Mar 23, 2009
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I really hope this turns out well. I'll be busy playing MW Living Legends in the mean time.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
I really hope this pans out.

I have very fond memorizes of the old MechWarrior games from when I was young, it'd be awesome to see a proper reboot of the franchise.