Meet Yahtzee at PAX, Get Stuff

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
TypeSD said:
"Working with our friends at RocketHub, we decided to offer these fabulous posters at a slightly higher price than what they cost to make"

What, were they printed on baby lions?
I have to admit, I laughed.

Estelindis said:
I agree that it's good they've cancelled it, for the most part. I feel sorry for the people who gave money, since they wanted this initiative to work out but now won't get to see any comeback on it (though, of course, their money is refunded). There is a bit of me that feels bad for "robbing" them of the ability to donate to this as they wished (though we only offered criticism, and of course the decision to end this was not ours). On the other hand, hopefully the Escapist will take a different approach next time they think of organising a big fan meet-up and everyone will be happier with the eventual result.
It is sad people spent money for an event that was canceled. As a part of a fanbase, the only responsibility I can claim is for my own opinion. What a company does with negative feedback is their concern, but obviously enough people felt strongly about this that it affected their decision (because if they had gone ahead with the e-begging, they still might have met their goal within the time limit, although donations dropped way off after all the bad press started in earnest.)

All I can say is I agree with you, and hopefully future efforts from the escapist will be really great. I don't think fans are unreasonable people, by and large, and I bet well-planned future efforts will go over pretty well if rewards, pricing and timing are sensible.

On an unrelated note (addressing all the Jimquisition hate), I see Jim Sterling as less "immature" and more generally rude and sarcastic, but at least he's honest. I've yet to hear of him ever saying something other than what he felt in exchange for money. But folks can like who they like, and vice-versa.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
If I read that right, you want us to pay for a holiday for you?

And it's working....

That is genius.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
well this sucks balls, thanks guys for all the pointless bitching whining and moaning about this project. Shit like this is what makes me want to brutally assault my fellow man when he opens his fat gob to complain about something he has no comprehension of or is wildly misinformed about.

ugh i would rage more about this but i don't feel like getting another bad mark on my profile

rod_hynes

Jun 21, 2009
I have to wonder if after the extra credits fiasco, and the Yahtzee/Pax deal if thats why Russ ?decided? to leave for another venue.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
rod_hynes said:
I have to wonder if after the extra credits fiasco, and the Yahtzee/Pax deal if thats why Russ ?decided? to leave for another venue.
I believe that's the true reason why he did leave. The project was cancelled on the 2nd of August, and Russ left 35 days later on the 7th of September.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
AgentBJ09 said:
rod_hynes said:
I believe that's the true reason why he did leave. The project was cancelled on the 2nd of August, and Russ left 35 days later on the 7th of September.
No, that's not why Russ left.