Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

Don't like the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live-action movie? April O'Neil has a special message for you.

In case you didn't know, Megan Fox will be playing reporter April O'Neil in Michael Bay's live-action adaptation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now, if you're not warm to the idea of a new TMNT film, the actress has a rather straightforward message for you "haters," which she delivered in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles press conference held on Friday in Los Angeles. The panel, which not only included Fox but also co-star Will Arnett, director Jonathan Liebesman and a number of writers and producers, was asked how they felt about some of the fans' backlash against the film. Fox responded by referencing the Michael Bay movie franchise that made her a household name and well, go read it for yourself.

Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain - they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it - and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that.

Important to note that it's not only fans who have aired concern over the film, but even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Peter Laird extended look at the new TMNT footage that was shown at the San Diego Comic-Con. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133615-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Co-Creator-Movie-Designs-Fix-What-Isnt-Broken]

Regardless of Fox's crass outlook, do you think she has a point? Even if people complain, will they watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anyway once it hits theaters next week (August 8) just like they did for Transformers 4?

Source: Cinema Blend [http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Megan-Fox-Tells-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Haters-F-k-Off-66574.html]

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
How is she still getting work again, and why should we care about what she has to say on the matter? And why the hell does Fox want HER of all people to star in a sailor moon movie?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh, people happen to dislike the latest turd Micheal Bay shit out? And you're getting prissy about it?
http://iampaulmort.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/middlefinger.jpg
Get over yourself.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain - they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it - and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that.As much as I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress, this is just straight from the horse's mouth.

I can appreciate this level of honesty.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Classy Megan Fox, really classy. ¬__¬ I guess PR isn't your strong suit is it? Along with acting and doing anything other than flaunting your body all over the place.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Ah Megan, displaying the same sensitivity and tact that landed her a part in Transformers 3.

Still, if I had as much money as her to fling around I'd be about that tactful too, so good for her.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Casual Shinji said:
Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain - they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it - and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that.As much as I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress, this is just straight from the horse's mouth.

I can appreciate this level of honesty.
Eh...it's assuming that the people who disliked Transformers 4 also went to go see it. I didn't. It also assumes that the people who went to see Transformers 4 actually liked it. Jeremy Jahns didn't. It's just a lot of assumptions.

With a nice big cherry of pretentious on top.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
And you can send a message from me that I will never see it because I'm sick to death of shitty remakes squandering time and talent. I never liked Megan Fox, she's nothing unique, and for all I care she can go straight to hell.

There will be people that won't be interested that will somehow still see it. Of course we don't know exactly why, and neither do they, but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism. Well they just don't give a shit do they, because you basically sell your integrity when it comes to milking the shit out of franchises.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
I'm having difficulty following Fox's chain of logic. She references Transformers 4's budget, then says fans can complain, then goes on about how the fans go to a theater (wat?), then says the fans will like the TMNT reboot movie, then pulls out the F-bomb against complaining fans.

I don't follow at all.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Alright! finally Ms. Fox grows a backbone, more power to her because I would say the same thing to anyone who doesn't like my work. It looks like she is finally getting there I just hope she can turn that reaction into some real acting chops.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Well, that was... subtle. But you know what? She's absolutely right. There are people that say that they already hate this movie that will inevitably spend their money on a ticket anyway; just so that it will give them more fuel to throw on the fire, I guess.

I've never been a huge TMNT fan, but just from the trailer, I see that it looks like a Ninja Fucking Turtles movie. Maybe it'll even be good. Granted, I'm not about to hold my breath, or buy a ticket for that matter.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Lets see, she's a *****. But thats just what ppl class as a good movie now. If it makes loads of money its a great movie even thou its a steaming pile of shit they still had to pay to see it so that price = a happy movie viewer. Not like i could have walked out of transformers 2 and demand my fucking money back. Id get told to fuck off.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Nazulu said:
...but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism.
Wild success is a fantastic reason to ignore haters and double down on pleasing existing fans. You don't make money by not having anybody dislike your work, you make money by having enough people like it, and if you've got that, the rest don't really matter so much.

But pissing off your fans by pandering to people who don't like your work in the first place, is a great way to lose your existing audience without gaining a new one.

TerranV

Feb 19, 2014
I wonder if Ms. Fox is aware that people pay to see the movie before actually seeing it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Sort with Mz Fox on this.

I mean, yeah, the movie is likely going to be awful. We all know this...but then lots of people are going to pay to see it anyway despite knowing what it's likely to be like. It's going to be massively popular.

I can respect what looks like a total lack of PR spin.

(Though, I suspect that she might feel some kinship for the movie, also making lots of money despite everyone nominally hating her)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
erttheking said:
Eh...it's assuming that the people who disliked Transformers 4 also went to go see it. I didn't. It also assumes that the people who went to see Transformers 4 actually liked it. Jeremy Jahns didn't. It's just a lot of assumptions.

With a nice big cherry of pretentious on top.
I didn't either. I also didn't bother with Transformers 3. But you can bet your ass there are thousands of people who will go and see it just so they can complain about how shitty it was. It was the same thing with the Twilight movies -- Internet critics were falling over eachother to chip in on how much the latest sequel sucks. Meanwhile the filmmakers are laughing all the way to the bank.

The Feast

Apr 5, 2013
Huh, weird. She says f u to the people who hate the new TMNT movie and yet, she call Michael Bay "Hitler" even though he is also involve in making the movie. Sounds like a b****h after getting paid more, even though she has been 'abused' by the same person who puts her to fame, in some way.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
As if I needed another reason not to go see this movie.

Criticism =/= Hatred

*thinking*

"Hater" is yet another word that humanity should lose the privilege of using.