Metal Gear Franchise Coming to 360

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Susan Arendt said:
That sound you hear is millions of Sony fanboys screaming in horror. Or maybe it's Microsoft fanboys laughing hysterically. Not sure which.
I'm sorry, why? Last time I checked, Raidens adventure was characterisd by sub-par action and a high increase in discomfort.

I told you guys he was gonna do this. If you didn't stop complaining, he was gonna bring Metal Gear Raiden.
Hey hey. MGS2 was awesome. Much better than 4, though not quite as awesome as 3.

I'm calling sour grapes :p
The boss fights were shit. You can't really deny that, the only slightly interesting one was Vamp, and even that turned into little more than a relatively classic "wait for me to expose my weak point" boss fight (beyond maybe the shadow stitching, but even that gets lame when you figure out what he was doing). In contrast, you have The End, Laughing Octopus, and Psycho Mantis. The stealth gameplay itself lacked the intricacy of 3 and 4. As for the awkwardness, lets put it this way - "EMPTY LIKE YOUR SOUL!".
Still better than 4.
I can agree. MGS2 was great. MS3 was not bad and MS4 was the weakest out of the console versions.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
bjj hero said:
Broken Wings said:
Oh my I can't wait for the bitching from Indigo Dingo. Also I think it's pretty cool for franchises to branch out to other consoles. I believe that if there were no more console exclusives console fanboys would slowly disappear. Now that's just a massive hope but I think it has merit.
Yeah, he must be ill if hes not been on here nut hugging Sony yet. Im a 360 owner but haven't enjoyed a MGS game since the first one. Its just so pretentious with its over kill of cut scenes and WTF plots.

Its just another franchise for me not to buy. I'll save my money.
If I know Indigo it won't bother him at all. He'll probably be glad that more people get to experience the series. Anyway, talking about him is rather rude.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
nathan-dts said:
They didn't say it was exclusive so i've still got hope. Also, since it's ninja Raiden I expect less emphasis on stealth.
*cough* Ninja Gaiden clone *cough*
But yeah...MGS on the 360...who cares?

devildog1170

Apr 17, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Susan Arendt said:
That sound you hear is millions of Sony fanboys screaming in horror. Or maybe it's Microsoft fanboys laughing hysterically. Not sure which.
I'm sorry, why? Last time I checked, Raidens adventure was characterisd by sub-par action and a high increase in discomfort.

I told you guys he was gonna do this. If you didn't stop complaining, he was gonna bring Metal Gear Raiden.
Hey hey. MGS2 was awesome. Much better than 4, though not quite as awesome as 3.

I'm calling sour grapes :p
The boss fights were shit. You can't really deny that, the only slightly interesting one was Vamp, and even that turned into little more than a relatively classic "wait for me to expose my weak point" boss fight (beyond maybe the shadow stitching, but even that gets lame when you figure out what he was doing). In contrast, you have The End, Laughing Octopus, and Psycho Mantis. The stealth gameplay itself lacked the intricacy of 3 and 4. As for the awkwardness, lets put it this way - "EMPTY LIKE YOUR SOUL!".
Still better than 4.
Are you gonna back that up?
I'll back it up. MGS4 moved too far away from the MGS gameplay. You got an AK right off the bat, you could buy and upgrade weapons, and not to mention, the story was the weakest one. They talked about nanomachines for 30 minutes in most cutscenes. Not to mention, the boss fights were also pretty weak, except for Laughing Octopus. Oh yeah, and the sob story behind why the bosses were insane were so cliche.

It was a good game, but not of the rest of the series caliber.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Mazty said:
bad rider said:
Woah, the MS E3 is awesome, can't wait for tommorow. Sony will have to (and most likely will) pull something awesome out the bag.
Hopefully, hopefully. Would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly bothered about an MGS coming to the 360, but as little is known about it, it may or may not be a loss.
Well considering you play as Raiden, I'm glad that its coming to the 360.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
Darkrai said:
TheGreenManalishi said:

A Metal Gear I need an Xbox for is a sad thing.
Is it really?
Yes it is a fact that the 360 is technically inferior to the PS3, so any game made for the 360 instead of the ps3 will have to be compromised in some way. This is fact, not fanboy flaming

Kholdgrave

Jul 11, 2008
I don't know why people keep saying that MGS2 was so great. Seriously is there some kind of inside joke that I missed out on?

MGS4,3,and 1 were seriously great. Number 2 felt like something that didn't really need to be done. Solidus and Raiden could have been left out of the picture completely with very little effect on the future.

I don't give a crap about petty fanboy wars because having a job allows me to have money. Money allows me to buy different things and enjoy them. Seriously being a fanboy is only hurting yourself as a gamer.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
D_987 said:
overtone said:
christ.

kojimas a scitzo, he was so gun ho about ps3 exclusive.
but look at it this way. if a series as big as metal gear can go too xbox, then it can work vice versa.

gears of war and such.

not that id want it.
Gears is owned by Microsoft - MGS is owned by Sony, the only MGS game to be exclusive to Sony was MGS4.
MGS is owned my Kojima Productions, noob

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
y8c616 said:
Darkrai said:
TheGreenManalishi said:

Is it really?
Yes it is a fact that the 360 is technically inferior to the PS3, so any game made for the 360 instead of the ps3 will have to be compromised in some way. This is fact, not fanboy flaming
Sounds like fanboy flaming. But whatever. Last time I checked, Metal Gear Solid wasn't known for the graphics. But I could be mistaken since MGS4 showcased the best graphics for a PS3 and sacrificed the Espionage part of the game.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
SICK0_ZER0 said:
....am i the only one who liked raiden?

also i think MGS is now washed up... 1 and 2 were epic, 3 was alright...

never played 4 tbh but it doesn't look too good, looks like a shameless attempt to raise a bit of cash before people realise the series is over? i did get the psp mgs, it was lol.
MG Acid? made me...Absoluteley...Puke. I cant beleive how shitty it was.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Darkrai said:
y8c616 said:
Darkrai said:
TheGreenManalishi said:

Is it really?
Sounds like fanboy flaming. But whatever. Last time I checked, Metal Gear Solid wasn't known for the graphics. But I could be mistaken since MGS4 showcased the best graphics for a PS3 and sacrificed the Espionage part of the game.
FANBOY FLAME ALERT! *Calls 911* hello? yes, I would like the fire department...No, i will not hold. Dont you dare put me on hol-...Ah goddamnit! I hate this song. *ten minutes later* ah, there you are. Thank you. Yes, we have a flamer. Come quickly.Yeah...its a Ps3 fanboy who doesnt know anything about how technology works, and is stating 'facts' he read on the Ps3 Website forums. No I will not hold agai- .......

...Fuck.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
Ashbax said:
SICK0_ZER0 said:
....am i the only one who liked raiden?

also i think MGS is now washed up... 1 and 2 were epic, 3 was alright...

never played 4 tbh but it doesn't look too good, looks like a shameless attempt to raise a bit of cash before people realise the series is over? i did get the psp mgs, it was lol.
MG Acid? made me...Absoluteley...Puke. I cant beleive how shitty it was.
Acid was wierd to say the least; but i think SICK0_ZER0 meant metal gear solid: portable ops (the sequel to snake eater) as the psp mgs

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Ashbax said:
FANBOY FLAME ALERT! *Calls 911* hello? yes, I would like the fire department...No, i will not hold. Dont you dare put me on hol-...Ah goddamnit! I hate this song. *ten minutes later* ah, there you are. Thank you. Yes, we have a flamer. Come quickly.Yeah...its a Ps3 fanboy who doesnt know anything about how technology works, and is stating 'facts' he read on the Ps3 Website forums. No I will not hold agai- .......

...Fuck.
Well said. You rock.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
Ashbax said:
Darkrai said:
y8c616 said:
Darkrai said:
TheGreenManalishi said:

Is it really?

...Fuck.
Seriously, just read the technical specs of the 2 consoles; i know im right

DigitalJedl

Apr 10, 2009
/Facepalm.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I <3 MG + MGS so I'll buy this for the PS3 as well. Yes, this is not exclusive if you didn't know.