Metal Gear Rising: why the hate?

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Crazedc00k said:
Quoted your entire post so I'm not sure what you mean about out of context--you threw out something that sounded pretty PC fanboyish
just because the word "PC" was mentioned? if the post was read, the part that said "no longer" should have gave a clear reason behind my post.

and I wanted to correct the image of PC gamers in the eyes of rational forum-goers
*snigger*

YOU didn't say PC gamers are better, but your post might be construed to mean that and that gets unpleasant. I meant no disrespect to you, rather to people who might take your comment the wrong way.
Uh-huh, hence why your post was passive aggressive.

So far, the only negative feedback was a guy complaining about PC gamers are bunch of loving care bears just like Console gamers :)

Bakuryukun

Jul 12, 2010
Woodsey said:
I'd imagine they're pissed because the game's been completely changed from what it was announced as.

Not to mention that atrocious fucking subtitle. I find that insulting, and you couldn't pay me to play MGS.

'Revengeance'. *shudder*
But the subtitle is so hilarious and awesome =(

I dunno, I'm giving Platinum Games the benefit of the doubt for now, between them and their Clover days they haven't made a SINGLE bad game. Not one. So I'm going to give this a chance.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
chinangel said:
I scratch my head at all the rage directed at the new metal gear rising game. Largely because I don't understand it. I have played a large chunk of the Metal Gear games, and this newest one looks great. People are pissing and moaning that the game isn't 'like the other metal gear solid games'. Well...yeah. You're entirely right.

That's because it's NOT a Metal Gear SOLID game. It's Metal Gear RISING. Kind of like a side-story. Secondly, the cyborg ninja has always fought like this. Very much bombastic and in-your-face outrageous. Let's not forget Grey Fox's intro in MGS. He appears in sprays of blood, carrying a dead guy on his sword, and it only went up from there. The ninja's only 'stealth' was a cloaking generator.

So...someone please explain to me why everyone is up in arms over this. Are their complaints legitimate, or is this just a case of gamers being contrary because something is being changed?
It originally was a Metal Gear Solid game. Then they changed that behind the scenes. The new trailer's not quite what we were promised.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Well, aside from everything else, it simply looks shit on it's own merits. I'm not a fan of that kind of game. Besides from that, it's still supposedly part of the Metal Gear universe, and it just doesn't fit with the the rest of the franchise. Even the teaser trailer we got last year seemed like it would be better, but this is completely different. I can buy into the idea that as a spin-off it's not going to be like other MG games, but this is a bit much. It's like an entirely separate game, just with 'Metal Gear' in the title as a cash-in. Of course I might be proved wrong when we actually get to play it, but I doubt it highly.

Dec 14, 2009
The game looks fucking ridiculous, even compared to MGS standards.

And it will take itself seriously, every step of the way, while trying to get across some ridiculous pseudo political message.

Judging from the trailer, the disconnection between what Raiden does in cutscenes and what he can actually do from a gameplay perspective is going to be huge.

xXTheParadoxXx

May 25, 2010
because this is what we were shown last year

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AtM3PGyiQUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

and this is what we were shown this year

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5SNo8h-KfAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

spot the difference?

xXTheParadoxXx

May 25, 2010
embed didn't work.
here's the links.
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtM3PGyiQUc
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNo8h-KfAU

brumley53

Oct 19, 2009
My main problem is that the new one just looks annoying. Everytime raiden moves his arms everything explodes with lightning and every time he hits someone they splatter blood and lightning everywhere even though they haven't even been cut in half. The worst thing is that Raiden in MGS4 was finally given some balls and was made to be a silent badass ninja, and then they turn him into Sonic the Hedgehog shouting off stupid jokes while fighting.

Even if this is a spin off, the whole Metal Gear series including other spin offs have always been absurd but played straight. They've changed the whole tone of the game and it barely has anything to do with the Metal Gear series, I reckon they should just call it something else.

Crazedc00k

Mar 29, 2011
mad825 said:
Crazedc00k said:
Quoted your entire post so I'm not sure what you mean about out of context--you threw out something that sounded pretty PC fanboyish
just because the word "PC" was mentioned? if the post was read, the part that said "no longer" should have gave a clear reason behind my post.

and I wanted to correct the image of PC gamers in the eyes of rational forum-goers
*snigger*

YOU didn't say PC gamers are better, but your post might be construed to mean that and that gets unpleasant. I meant no disrespect to you, rather to people who might take your comment the wrong way.
Uh-huh, hence why your post was passive aggressive.

So far, the only negative feedback was a guy complaining about PC gamers are bunch of loving care bears just like Console gamers :)
Guess you took that the wrong way. Oh well.

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1BMUg4NsA

I suggest for those who havent watched the interview should do it now
Kojima explains himself why he couldnt bring out rising the way it was
If PlatinumGames(which by the way make great games from capcom days to these very times)the game would have never faced the outside

Also''Button-Masher''?
Are you kidding me,what kind of hack'n'slashs have you all played?God of war?
Devil May Cry/Bayonetta on Easy Automatic?
Play the latter mentioned games on harder difficulties than easy(and without Automatic)and youll see that button mashing is actually Pure suicide,and it leads to you getting cut in ribbons past the first boss

Also the prototype had one hit kills all the way
would that have been fun to you?
you would sprint when theyre not looking and kill everything that moves with one single sword slash,would you call that stealth?
The game would have been more of a Button-Masher than the game right now
Triggered an alarm?Don't worry,just mash the sword button till you cant tell a face from an ass anymore,oh and deflect bullets at the same time

Also i respect the cooperation btw P* and Konami
they both share the goal to bring back the fame japanese games had in the past

PS:the game will run in 60 FPS
Kojima wanted a fast pacted game,P* gave them a fast paced game

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
the only downer for this one might be the story
the original wanted to explain how raiden got sunny
while revengeance plays after MGS4
well maybe its a good thing maybe not
maybe it would have evolved into mario with ''Terribly sorry Raiden,but sunny is in another military facility''