Mexico in your opinion?

Luciella

May 3, 2011
After watching CNN, i was wondering what is the global opinion of Mexico.
As in first tought that comes in mind. Is it a place you would want to visit?

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
I reside in the UK and I absolutely adore Mexico. Been there numerous times, my favourite would be out in the Yucatan peninsula - I would seriously consider moving there if it weren't for a lack of suitable jobs.

What's been said on CNN?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SPEEDY GONZALIS! MEE-HEE-COO!!! AYE AYE AYE!!!!

uhhhh

well I played red dead redemption and the place looks like great fun...aside from all the revolutions

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Teresa Lass said:
After watching CNN, i was wondering what is the global opinion of Mexico.
As in first tought that comes in mind. Is it a place you would want to visit?
Mayan people that feel oppressed and mistreated by the Mexican government.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
It's pretty low on the list of places I want to visit, admittedly, not because of anything inherently wrong with Mexico, but simply because there are far too many other places that appeal to me more. So it's a resounding 'meh' of utmost neutrality.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Well, as an american I feel like people expect me to want to go to mexico. But frankly I've had a friend killed there when he was on holiday, and the mexican government has been completely unhelpful in finding out why.

So no, I do not see Mexico as a holiday destination. Besides, we still have Hawaii.

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
It's one of those places I've never actually given much thought to. I haven't done much research on the location, so to me it's just a place filled with cacti and people wearing sombrero's. Of course it's not, because that's a stereotype. I've no intention to go there, nor to learn much about it.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Well it's like any other country. It just has some problems, mostly the cartels. It's unfortunate, since they've tried cracking down--I forget what number exactly--thousands of people have been killed in cartel related violence.
My mom wanted to take the family there this summer, but we couldn't agree on place. She wanted to go to resort Mexico, I wanted to go to real Mexico. We're going to Belize instead.
Most of Mexico really isn't as bad as people think. Some of my friends grew up in Mexico, and you have to get away from all the resorts for the best waves.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
American:

Land of the Cartels and the Gangs. Stay out of there if you want to stay alive.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
GoaThief said:
I reside in the UK and I absolutely adore Mexico. Been there numerous times, my favourite would be out in the Yucatan peninsula - I would seriously consider moving there if it weren't for a lack of suitable jobs.

What's been said on CNN?
This blows my mind. It's probably because I'm American, but I don't know why anyone would want to visit Mexico over any part of Europe. Well, except maybe some of the slavic nations...

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
I've been to several parts of Mexico and, while things are better if you get away from the U.S. border areas, it's still not somewhere I want to spend much time at this point. There's a lot of drug cartel/gang related violence, as others have already said. That violence is all too often visited upon foreigners rather than enemies (other cartel/gang members/leaders), unfortunately.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
No me gusta.

Spanish aside, I'm not very fond of the place. I've been to Reynosa twice with my church and it wasn't very good. Basically, the drivers almost seemed like they were trying to run people over. And people were always trying to sell me useless crap. So no. I didn't like it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I actually live there, I've lived all over the place Ensenada, Mexicali, Zacatecaz, Tijuana, Matamoroz, Mérida, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Queretaro and and more cities I can't remember right now (I never stay at one place for too long), I've visited pretty much every state Touristically speaking it's a wonderful place there are tons of great things to see, we have the pyramids, the beaches, the beautiful colonial cities (Guanajuato is definitely my favourite), the jungle and so on, I actually don't understand why a lot of people here want to go on vacation to places like California since there are so many things to see on this place, I mean I've lived here all my life and travelled all over the place and I still haven't seen everything, the government sucks though, taxes are ridiculously high and when I lived in Tijuana I saw a corpse pretty much every day laying on the street so it's not perfect, but whatever it's my home.
[sub]I find it funny that I've been to all of the cities mentioned so far.[/sub]

Edit: So basically I've seen the good and the bad, can't say is the ideal place to live but the only other country I've been to is the USA and as bad as it is here I like it better than there, not sure why but I prefer being here.
I guess if you have any questions about it I could try to answer them but as I said I move way too much so even though I've been almost everywhere here my knowledge of the place isn't that good.
[sub]Though we do have the best flag in the entire world, just saying.[/sub]