Michael Bay Assembling Zombies vs. Robots Movie

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Michael Bay Assembling Zombies vs. Robots Movie

Zombies and robots will finally discover who's best on the big screen, thanks in part to Michael Bay.

Ashley Wood and Chris Ryall's IDW comic book series Zombies vs. Robots [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600103286/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=160010052X&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NVVP5EXVNY77DY3ZYQZ] pits the two classic foes against each other in a battle to protect humanity. That battle is now becoming a feature film with Michael Bay as a producer.

Bay is most recently known for his work on the latest Nightmare on Elm Street [http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Two-Disc-Special-Live-Blu-ray/dp/B000NTPDT6/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1298502038&sr=1-4] remake, giving him a leg up on dealing with the creepiness of creatures like zombies.

Zombies vs. Robots follows a world devastated by the zombie apocalypse where a group of robots must protect the last remaining human. It really has a pretty appropriate title.

Like the book, the movie will focus on a young girl who is the last human alive. The zombies in the film will be "intelligent and evolved" according to Deadline, with a group of robots the girl's only defense. The director doesn't appear to have been named, but Bay is definitely one of multiple producers on the project.

No matter how you feel about Bay, I don't think this is a property that can be mishandled. Unless they also try to throw some ninjas, monkeys, and pirates in there. That'd just be too much.

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/sony-pictures-acquires-zombies-vs-robots-for-michael-bays-platinum-dunes/]

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
No!
Bad Michael!
Away!
Get away from that promising movie! We don't want your grimy paws on it.
Go play with your transformers.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I don't understand. If they're INTELLIGENT zombies, why make them zombies at all?

Well, the only reason Michael Bay let them be intelligent was so that they could have the smarts to set up ambushes. How? WITH LOTS OF EXPLOSIVES! How will the robots fight back? EXPLOSIVES!

BOOM, MICHAEL BAY! BOOM!

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
'intelligent and evolved' zombies? i thought the point of zombies was that they were mindless monstrosities. And bay sounds like a terrible idea.

Apr 28, 2008
When I first read it, I thought it said he was making a Plants vs. Zombies movie. I nearly screamed in horror.

This, less so. Mainly because I have no idea what any of this is about.

May 5, 2010
Robots and zombies?! That's crazy! That's like if someone combined cowboys and-Oh, wait.

Yes, I know the joke has been made. Shut up.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
No matter how you feel about Bay, I don't think this is a property that can be mishandled. Unless they also try to throw some ninjas, monkeys, and pirates in there. That'd just be too much.
Wanna bet.
Step one; The girl isn't alone, there is a boy out there as well.
Step Two: He falls in love with her, but she doesn't like him right away. Also, he has something to do with the zombies.
Step Three: He proves his worth to her by saving her and they fall in love.
Step Four: Add loads of American flags, lens flares, explosions and army stuff.

Somewhere between there, some zombies and robots fight in the background.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
This is Micheal Bay film, so it'll probably end up looking more like Lens Flare vs. Shaky Cameras.

This is, however, a movie that seems to have no purpose besides mindless action, so it might be good since there's pretty much no sutle messages that need to be shoved in our faces.

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
aashell13 said:
'intelligent and evolved' zombies? i thought the point of zombies was that they were mindless monstrosities. And bay sounds like a terrible idea.
It's the only way the Zombies would have any chance of defeating Robots. Most of the time Zombies have barely enough strength to shuffle at a brisk pace and sink their teeth into human flesh. Robots are made of metal and don't have to worry about being turned if bitten. They could literally just stand in a crowd of Zombies and bash their heads in until they run low on power.

My question is: What's the point of protecting ONE human? She can't repopulate the Earth on her own and even if there was a male and female, all the inbreeding would result in a less than spectacular human race.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Can a change be made in the original post describing the Nightmare on Elm Street remake as a comedy instead of a horror? Michael Bay has no experience with horror.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Zombies are only a threat to biological beings. Robots would win.
Zombies are still more awesome though.