Microsoft E3 2011 Press Conference

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
TheBlitz said:
Am I the only one hoping the Tomb Raider reboot isn't this dark the whole way through? Empty hopes, I guess.
I hope not. Also, it better not be that quicktime happy all the way through.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
BabyRaptor said:
Does Lara have to make so much noise?
She kind of gives herself away... I mean, I would try to keep my mouth shut if the natives from Legends of the Hidden Temple were after me.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Hmm, ME3 now speak-a-long with Shepperd options.

Edit: Big Hulking Robot(tm) Daddy! Can I have one?!?

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I thought the kinect voice commands for ME3 was pretty cool, I might have to try it out sometime after I get ME3.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
MellowFellow said:
I thought the kinect voice commands for ME3 was pretty cool, I might have to try it out sometime after I get ME3.
I'm prefering its use in Ghost Recon. Feels very Minority Report and the sort of thing I'd be happy to use Kinect as a bit of a novelty. My only problem would be how well it deals with accents.

Also, pity the crowd seems a bit over-excited (paid)

Edit: Wasn't this menu functionality shown/promised last year as well?

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
As expected, MW2(yes I went there)is releasing an expansion. It looks exactly the same, omfg they didn't even bother to pretend to make stuff different.

Mass Effect 3 on the other hand, that kinect stuff makes me want to get it on xbox instead of PC! That is, unless PC has something similar.

WTF was up with Lara Croft sounding like she was cumming every 4 seconds?

Ghost Recon, well, that was just plain ole awesome.

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Ok, time for another question. I mean, is anyone really that interested about TV on their 360? Most people will use their Xbox to game and, yaknow, their TV to watch TV. Maybe it's just me being cynical...

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
The kinect ME3 was really cool, but I'll be playing on PC sooooooooo yeah. Also, isn't it easier to press the button in 1 sec than say something in like 5?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TheBlitz said:
Ok, time for another question. I mean, is anyone really that interested about TV on their 360? Most people will use their Xbox to game and, yaknow, their TV to watch TV. Maybe it's just me being cynical...
I'd imagine this is going to win major points with the average consumer, though, I never watch TV anymore myself. I wouldn't imagine it will matter to much for users of this site.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Rayken15 said:
The kinect ME3 was really cool, but I'll be playing on PC sooooooooo yeah. Also, isn't it easier to press the button in 1 sec than say something in like 5?
Its the argument about immertion again. Whats better, reading it and pressing a button, or speaking it?

Re: XBOX TV. So it looks like they still haven't come to an agreement with the BBC in the UK :)

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Live TV is coming to the Xbox 360. As is YouTube. Huh. I'll be interested in checking that out, assuming they partner with my dopey cable provider.

Games, aside from ME3, haven't done too much for me. Kinect support with ME3 will hopefully be optional, but it looked kinda cool.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
TheBlitz said:
People who brag. "Hey, check me out! I'm using new fancy technology!"