Microsoft Has "Too Much Invested" to Let Apple Win Mobile Gaming

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Just wait till the android nvidia powered tegra phones hit the market. They will slaughter ios and windows once that tech hits, besides windows pjones always sucked not really any games for it unless they make xbox 1 games for it it will fail compared to android and the ios.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Aku_San said:
I'm getting a Droid come January. If you want me to buy a WP7 Microsoft, then release a phone for Verizon within a month of my upgrade, and make it worth not getting my Droid X for. Ok? Ok.
Hold off on the droid x, htc has a new 4g android phone that is suppose to arrive jan. It beats the droid x in a few ways look up htc droid mecha or incredible hd specs.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Double A said:
Why doesn't Microsoft just create a handheld console that can do both hardcore games and download casual games?
I agree completely. There really isn't much need to release yet another phone in the market for the purpose of playing games and running applications. I still don't why anyone needs a device to do both things, since it won't do either one to the fullest potential.

Microsoft, while your intentions may be good, are certainly late in this race. While everyone else is on lap four, you are just starting out. Granted, this means they might have a slight starting advantage to avoid the stumbling blocks the other companies had to figure out through trial and error, most of the difficult work as far as the technology has been done for you. As long as you don't get greedy (yeah I know, Microsoft would think of being greedy?!), you could still stand to enter this arena with a fighting chance. I can only assume that it might be based on the Windows 7 platform, other the "Windows Phone 7" doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense if this is your first release. Makes as much sense as Leonard Part Six as a first release.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
mxfox408 said:
Aku_San said:
I'm getting a Droid come January. If you want me to buy a WP7 Microsoft, then release a phone for Verizon within a month of my upgrade, and make it worth not getting my Droid X for. Ok? Ok.
Hold off on the droid x, htc has a new 4g android phone that is suppose to arrive jan. It beats the droid x in a few ways look up htc droid mecha or incredible hd specs.
Aaaah, thanks for that! Looks nice!

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Baneat said:
They really should learn from their success in the OS market.

You lose, M$, and that's just that.
Uhm... What? Are you trying to imply that they lose in the OS market? The one that they have been dominating for years and still hold a huge market share in over their competitors?!

If that is losing, what the hell qualifies as winning to you?

manaman said:
It's really a shame it probably will fail because pretty much everything about the phones released so far are far superior to the iPhone. Then again pretty much every Droid phone released bets the socks off the iPhone. Why is that thing so popular again?
Because it has this on the back:

And sadly there is a large group of people out there who will buy anything with that on it, regardless of the quality of the device with that on it and the quality of competing devices.
No.. how did you even read that, with the first statement there?

OuroborosChoked

Aug 20, 2008
Isn't Microsoft's whole marketing angle with the Windows 7 phone to "get you in, out, and on with your life"? Using their phone as a mobile gaming platform seems contrary to Microsoft's own position, as stated in their own ads.

I have doubts about "Neil Young"'s ability to predict the future...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
GeorgW said:
Microsoft doesn't stand a chance. Even if it has a good platform for games, but it doesn't have the software, and the OS is inferior. They should save their money and give up. I think android will win in the end, but it will be a looong and even race.
Agreed. Although I own an iPhone at present, my sister has an Android and I like it better.
Also, apparently the PSPhone will run Android (or a variation) so that's my next phone right there xD

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Wait, there are still people paying hundreds of dollars for telephones with a bunch of stupid gimmicks tacked on? Why hasn't this whole thing died yet? I know fads can make people buy silly things, but aren't they supposed to end? Or am I really becoming a crotchety old man that's unwilling to adapt to modern technology already? Because the chances of me buying a "smart" phone are slightly lower than the chances of me sprouting wings and flying.

For crying out loud, I'm only 32! I can't be old yet!

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I'll back microsoft if they want to support mobile gaming. Apple does have some nifty games on it but it doesn't take the market seriously by forcing players to only use the touch screen. Peripherals are a must.. like controllers.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
TimeLord said:
GeorgW said:
Microsoft doesn't stand a chance. Even if it has a good platform for games, but it doesn't have the software, and the OS is inferior. They should save their money and give up. I think android will win in the end, but it will be a looong and even race.
Agreed. Although I own an iPhone at present, my sister has an Android and I like it better.
Also, apparently the PSPhone will run Android (or a variation) so that's my next phone right there xD
Yeah, I'm waiting to buy a smartphone until I hear more about the PSPhone. It'd be hard for me not to buy it though...

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Cryo84R said:
Some what on topic, Infinity Blade is awesome.

Seriously, check it out somehow. Even if you are an iHater.
Yeah, but once you finish it once there's really no point anymore :(

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
ZephrC said:
Or am I really becoming a crotchety old man that's unwilling to adapt to modern technology already? Because the chances of me buying a "smart" phone are slightly lower than the chances of me sprouting wings and flying.

For crying out loud, I'm only 32! I can't be old yet!
Yes, you are. Smartphones were first developed as a way to mix the PDA and the phone together, and in that capacity, have obsoleted most standalone PDA models. The development of other features was inevitable, even if most of them are a waste of time.
But you see, I've never wanted a PDA. What would I even do with one if I had it? I'm really not even all that fond of cell phones to begin with, I just have one because it's really useful for my current job. Honestly, I'd get rid of the stupid thing in a heartbeat if it didn't make work so much easier.